IGNORED

Well...I guess I'm no longer bike less

Freebird

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I got a saw and a BIG hammer!!:backinmyday: Had to introduce that thing to the Big Hammer anyway after it threw me and stomped me!! It knows who the Boss is now.:backinmyday: And my aches and pains don't let me forget!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Brother DanL' - noticed this ad and INSTANTLY thought of Silver's ouchy - thought I best pass this on... http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/5547543276.html :thumbsup:

I'll check that out today when I get back. Having a city wide Yaed Sale in Charleston WV today. Might find something!! Missed a set of helmets with complete J&M outfits last year for 10 bucks. Guy was walking off with them as I walked up......:mugshot::Avatars_Gee_George: Need to toss a few helmets....

[/color]Did you put LED bulbs in there? I did for mine and then my lady suggested some tin foil inside the reflectors as they are cheap plastic and dull inside. The tin foil allowed those LED bulbs

to shine better!

IMG_20150609_151954_102.jpg Running lights....no picture of brake lights cause my arms aren't long enough!

Well folks, I think I am pretty much done with the new bike. My Corbin backrest arrived at Russell yesterday to be recovered. Hopefully it won't take TOO long but it's not like I'm without a backrest at all. Drink holders and etc. have shipped and should be at my house soon. GPS mount should be arriving soon also. Carbon_One's crash bar stiffeners are on the way. One of the last remaining items was a flag mount which I ordered this morning so I can continue to fly my VentureRider flag. :) Should have taken the one off the Road Glide but forgot about it until I had already finalized the deal when I sold it. So......it's pretty much done now. I look forward to getting the few remaining items installed and then will take some pictures. I may even ride it pretty soon. Haven't been on it since I got it home due to weather and other obligations but I'm anxious to get it on the road. Will also likely change the oil this weekend. He said that it was done about a thousand miles ago but I want to do it myself and get my favorite Mobil 1 Racing 4 in it. :)

Just got off the phone with Russell Seats. They received my Corbin passenger backrest yesterday and just told me that it should be recovered and shipped back to me by Friday. Much faster than I expected. Things are coming together nicely. I also found and bought a pair of the long ago discontinued Royal Star thick foam grips like I had on the '99 and loved. I like the way the KuryAkyn grips look though so will try them with the weights before I give up on them completely.

Congrats Bossman!!! Sounds like you got that puppy almost EXACTLY the way you want it :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool: and WOWZY is she a BEAUTY!!!:178::guitarist 2::cool10::ice_awesome-vi46644!!!!

:think:,,, guess it's almost time to now get the site back to normal again with a little friendly :stickpoke:and maybe even a bit of :witch_brew:.... I was just outside tinkering with Tweeks and telling her alllllll about your purdy new scoot.. As I pointed to your signature on her windshield and told her that it was you who gave up the Harley to get back on one of her kind she snickered, said "ohh yea,, I remember that varmint - he seemed like a really nice guy"! As I was walking away from her she mumbled something about having a hard time telling the real difference between a Harley and a 2nd Gen when viewing them from her rear views...:yikes:

:big-grin-emoticon:

Just got off the phone with Russell Seats. They received my Corbin passenger backrest yesterday and just told me that it should be recovered and shipped back to me by Friday. Much faster than I expected. Things are coming together nicely. I also found and bought a pair of the long ago discontinued Royal Star thick foam grips like I had on the '99 and loved. I like the way the KuryAkyn grips look though so will try them with the weights before I give up on them completely.

Don, was just over in the Ebay sales area where you left a comment about a Tour Pac: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?119300-Yamaha-royal-star-venture-trunk-w-8-quot-subwoofer

Tried to respond with a quick question but found out for some reason I couldnt.. Kept getting this message:

cowpuc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Wondered if this is normal?

My question pertained to the mounting of a 2nd Gen Tour Pac.. Any idea if there is a "quick release" docking system available for the 2nd Gens? I know they are popular in the HD world - INSTANT BAGGER - and wondered if such a critter exists for the 2nd Gen?

THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME :big-grin-emoticon:

Congrats Bossman!!! Sounds like you got that puppy almost EXACTLY the way you want it :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool: and WOWZY is she a BEAUTY!!!:178::guitarist 2::cool10::ice_awesome-vi46644!!!!

:think:,,, guess it's almost time to now get the site back to normal again with a little friendly :stickpoke:and maybe even a bit of :witch_brew:.... I was just outside tinkering with Tweeks and telling her alllllll about your purdy new scoot.. As I pointed to your signature on her windshield and told her that it was you who gave up the Harley to get back on one of her kind she snickered, said "ohh yea,, I remember that varmint - he seemed like a really nice guy"! As I was walking away from her she mumbled something about having a hard time telling the real difference between a Harley and a 2nd Gen when viewing them from her rear views...:yikes:

LOL....that was good my friend. I CAN tell the difference though. Especially on a hot day. :)

Don, was just over in the Ebay sales area where you left a comment about a Tour Pac: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?119300-Yamaha-royal-star-venture-trunk-w-8-quot-subwoofer

Tried to respond with a quick question but found out for some reason I couldnt.. Kept getting this message:

cowpuc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Wondered if this is normal?

My question pertained to the mounting of a 2nd Gen Tour Pac.. Any idea if there is a "quick release" docking system available for the 2nd Gens? I know they are popular in the HD world - INSTANT BAGGER - and wondered if such a critter exists for the 2nd Gen?

THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME :big-grin-emoticon:

Now that I think of it, I think that IS normal. I think I sat it up that way originally because I just wanted it to be ads and not a discussion area. I had forgotten about that but now that you've reminded me, I shouldn't post there either. :8:

Now for the tour pac question. To the best of my knowledge, the answer is no. I have seen a few RSVs converted in that manner but it required more than a little bit of work and finding the right bits and pieces.

Now that I think of it, I think that IS normal. I think I sat it up that way originally because I just wanted it to be ads and not a discussion area. I had forgotten about that but now that you've reminded me, I shouldn't post there either. :8:

Now for the tour pac question. To the best of my knowledge, the answer is no. I have seen a few RSVs converted in that manner but it required more than a little bit of work and finding the right bits and pieces.

Phew,,,,,, I thought that this:

May have been related to this:

and was preparing myself for :255: .... :big-grin-emoticon:

Speaking about getting into trouble,,, remind to tell you about the time I got suspended from Ebay for a year for trying to sell Antique BB Guns :missingtooth: on there.. My kids went crazy over that one and started calling me "Gun Runner" :rotfl: