IGNORED

Barn find

OrlinEngh

Going to go and pickup a 1983 Ruby Red Venture on Friday afternoon. And yes I will get a pic of it on here when I get it home.

40,000 miles It sat for most of the last ten years other than him starting it up and maybe a trip around the block.

Paint is alittle faded on the top of the trunk but I have a replacement that's in pretty good shape.

A good going threw and some cleaning and buffing I think I can bring this one back to a nice ride again.

Orlin

Going to go and pickup a 1983 Ruby Red Venture on Friday afternoon. And yes I will get a pic of it on here when I get it home.

40,000 miles It sat for most of the last ten years other than him starting it up and maybe a trip around the block.

Paint is alittle faded on the top of the trunk but I have a replacement that's in pretty good shape.

A good going threw and some cleaning and buffing I think I can bring this one back to a nice ride again.

Orlin

I think youll really enjoy the 1200

You lucky dog you.

I guess that living near a lot of barns helps in finding barn finds.

Isn't that the same bike that got you into this VRO mess in the first place?

That was my Black 84 that got me here, Wish I still had that one setting in the shed spent a lot of time on that one.

Well I think this guy did just drag it out of the barn. Its alittle ruff on the edges a little faded and some cracks that need repair not as nice as he claimed it to be, I got a good deal and its all there and I did get it to come to life yesterday. Floats are stuck on the carbs so I put in a set here that I knew where good changed the oil got rid of the mouse nest under the seat. Putt a little oil down the cylinders cranked it over put the pugs back in hit the key and it was setting there running:D.

And then the smoke started to form in the shop:yikes:, Now I have started enough cars trucks cycles that have been setting along time to know point them at the door or get them out side:confused24: why I didn't do yesterday excitement maybe. It didn't take long and it was so thick you couldn't see anything in there so doors open fan in the window shut the bike down.

Got the shop cleared out of all the smoke pushed the bike to the big door started it back up and let it run for a good twenty minutes. Shut it off and, revks from Lansing Iowa came pulling in to get a hitch for his 83 Venture we got to meet and have a good chat. He headed back home and time to get the day finished so I got to take the bike for it first ride:D from one side of the shed to the other and park it for the night. Now to get some pics on here, I will get it figured out.

Orlin

Edited by OrlinEngh

Too bad you couldn't take it down the drive t the highway. With the weather we're getting looks like it will be some time before a good road test.

I plan to put that hitch on today and see if it needs any tweaking. I'll post some picks when it's on.

Well I think this guy did just drag it out of the barn. Its alittle ruff on the edges a little faded and some cracks that need repair not as nice as he claimed it to be, I got a good deal and its all there and I did get it to come to life yesterday. Floats are stuck on the carbs so I put in a set here that I knew where good changed the oil got rid of the mouse nest under the seat. Putt a little oil down the cylinders cranked it over put the pugs back in hit the key and it was setting there running:D.

And then the smoke started to form in the shop:yikes:, Now I have started enough cars trucks cycles that have been setting along time to know point them at the door or get them out side:confused24: why I didn't do yesterday excitement maybe. It didn't take long and it was so thick you couldn't see anything in there so doors open fan in the window shut the bike down.

Got the shop cleared out of all the smoke pushed the bike to the big door started it back up and let it run for a good twenty minutes. Shut it off and, revks from Lansing Iowa came pulling in to get a hitch for his 83 Venture we got to meet and have a good chat. He headed back home and time to get the day finished so I got to take the bike for it first ride:D from one side of the shed to the other and park it for the night. Now to get some pics on here, I will get it figured out.

Orlin

Photos! Photos! Photos!

TWEEKS LONG LOST SISTER:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

How cool is that!!:thumbsup2:

Hey Or, thinking I aint never did see no tail lights like those,, from what I can see,, I LIKE em!!! :thumbsup2: When you get a second and if ya don't mind,, would cha have Moe snap a shot or two of your new scoots back side - would REALLY like to see what those lights look like from the rear.. Any idea if she's gotta a good second gear in er brother?

GREAT BARN FIND THERE MY FRIEND!! :clap2::thumbsup:

OK first off, I recognize that wall behid the bike. #2 It looks pretty good for it's age and setting for 10 years, 3rd what are you doing starting a used bike shop? that gives you what 3 bu=ikes plus the one you are buying in April so thats 4 bikes. :clap2::dancefool:

O' I forgot couldn't you sleep? posting pics at 3:30 am

Oh for sure Bobby! Not a doubt 1961 La Baron.

They might be worth some money....they look like there in good shape and they were easy to damage on the cars cause they kind of stood out.

Of course only to a guy that needs them!

Edited by The Tooch
just cause