IGNORED

Tried to order a new horn

Eck

I went to SEARS yesterday to order a mini bike horn that I saw on their Sears web site. I wrote the part number and model number down, then went to Sears in person and asked if they could order it for me and I would come back an pick it up when it came in.

The Sears rep looked it up on line, and then said to me: Sorry, We can not have it shipped here. We can only have it shipped to your home address and it will be $15.86 in shipping...

I said the horn only costs $11.07 and I'm not about to pay $16 bucks to have it shipped to my house. You mean you can't have it shipped here to the store?

He said, nope, only to your address..

I said no wonder Sears is on the downward slide...Never mind, I will buy one some place else...

SOoooo, I went to Decatur on other business but while in that town I stopped at a small motorcycle place. I asked if he could find a horn like I wanted, and he opened his catalog and behold the same horn I wanted was shown. I said that one, right there is what I am looking for. How much? He said $12 bucks and I will have it in three days.. I paid him and cant wait to get it.

The heck with SEARS........

I have said the heck with sears many years ago. I do have some Craftsman tools, but when buying new, I do not usually buy Craftsman.

As for the horn, I was following a post in here about a weak horn. The girl down the street with one of those horns with the rubber ball on the back is louder than my bike horn. I have checked the voltage, 12 volts, I even took it apart cleaned it, adjusted little screw on the back, all the same.

So next years project is to find a good loud horn.

It's sad Eck, but Sears is on it's last leg. I really liked Craftsman hand tools and have bought many over the years. Our Sears store closed here a couple of years ago and I can't say that I miss them. Now when I need a tool I've found the Kobalt tools at Lowes to be a good replacement. We have an Amazon Prime membership and most of our hard goods come from Amazon these days with free 2 day shipping. It's rare that I can't find what I need at Amazon.

I for one will not spend one red cent at Sears. I use to buy all of my tools there untill I had to get a set of squares for work, so I got there Craftsman machinist squares. While using one it fell off my work bench and broke the screw and they would not replace the square or the screw. They said it is not a hand tool. I ask where the start button was and walked out and I have not been back.

think that's carbonone with the wiring.

Yes, @CarbonOne for the wire harness with relay and he has the perfect bracket also.

I know,, three strikes and we are out!! Thinkin Larry's got a have one of those "_" in his name.. Lets try this and see if the gentle giant awakens.. Wake up @Carbon_One , wake upppp..:big-grin-emoticon:

Now when I need a tool I've found the Kobalt tools at Lowes to be a good replacement.

Kobalt makes a FINE tool....I have a few, but very seldom do I need a tool anymore. After my dad passed I inherited all his tools and yet over the years I have accumulated many of my own.

As for Sears, I am done with them after the other day. Heck, when I had my service station in down town Greenville, PA., I would do whatever it took to provide that old time customer satisfaction in hopes his word of mouth would reach out in my behalf to others. I emphasized this to all my employees that they too better step up to the plate on customer service or I didn't need them.

I believe that just "word of mouth", can make or break any business.

I'm still using my Craftsman 50+ piece socket set I got 35 years ago. Only thing broken is the case (now bungied, looking for a piano hinge to attach)

Still like their hand tools but they went China cheap years ago (but don't usually pass the savings) and now my visit "into town" for Sears seems to be just annual for Christmas tools for the guys in the family.

Got an "Sears associate" store near by but, there is a Harbor Tools in same shopping center. If I am going to get cheap China tools, the I'll pay the Harbor Freight price, not double at Sears.

And, yes, Kobalt tools on sale are very good.

Eck,

its sad to say but this country is no longer interested in doing things right. I mean all you veterans must be sick thinking about all you have went through and fought for, seeing this now. Customer service in this country for the most part sucks . Typical corporate vanilla jargon where one reads from a script, one can not think anymore for themselves. Sears is another example of selling out to save costs and not profit. You're a rare egg Eck, I wish more like you were here on the planet. But you're on the endangered list my friend. Stay safe