IGNORED

Why does stuff always break at the worst possible time?

Zzyzx

Was out in the garage this afternoon working on the 83 when the wife hollered at me and said, "The washing machine isn't draining". Well I had to ask if she had pulled to knob all the way out in which she replied, "I've done this a few times before so if you would, get in here and see if you can find out what's wrong...Please"

I did a little checking to see what was wrong and found the drain pump made lots of noise but that was about it, no draining. Found after taking it off the motor worked but the impeller just sat there.

Well of course the tub was full of dirty water and two small wet blankets that had to now weigh 40 pounds each.

I took the blankets out of the tub trying to keep as much water in the tub so I could remove the standing water then remove the pump. Of course I got water all over the laundry room floor and me, and it took nearly an hour to get everything cleaned up.

Jumped on line and ordered a new pump but its not arriving for a few days so I guess its off to the Laundromat tonight.

Thank goodness she did my underwear first.. :)

What are you doing wasting water on laundry? California is in the middle of a drought you know. Of course having lived in the fools gold state most of my life, I do not remember a year when they were not in a drought. Just an excuse to raise the price of water.

What are you doing wasting water on laundry? California is in the middle of a drought you know. Of course having lived in the fools gold state most of my life, I do not remember a year when they were not in a drought. Just an excuse to raise the price of water.

Since I am married and rarely do laundry myself I had to make the wife happy and my Christmas shipping is all done now too.

Had it been up to me I would just taken all my dirty stuff to the daughters place like she did to us for many years :)

Since I am married and rarely do laundry myself I had to make the wife happy and my Christmas shipping is all done now too.

Had it been up to me I would just taken all my dirty stuff to the daughters place like she did to us for many years :)

Lucky man, since I work from home, and she doesn't for some reason my wife thinks I need to do the laundry