IGNORED

Hard Ride?

Freebird

I'm at a hotel in Somerset, KY. I saw this bike sitting out front later last night and this morning. It has Florida plates. I tell you, if this person rode this bike from Florida to Somerset, KY, he has my admiration :)

Now maybe it's somebody who just moved here and is working here or something, I have no idea. I watched for the rider and never saw him. I tell you though, I could have done that ride on that bike when I was maybe 16 - 20 years old but no way would I do it now.

It's a Triumph. Look at those knobby tires.

Not only that but it has been raining here for 3 days.

IMAG0448.jpg

I LOVE it Don.. Would love to haul butt on that puppy up to the snowmobile trails and two tracks in Baldwin Michigan .. Slide some corners, float the rear end out on some sweepers, hit Dublin for some Jerky and a pop and then go right back at it.. Same token though,, I too miss those early years of riding my 250 Enduro to Cedar Point and out to Waterloo Iowa,, yep,, would pass on the street ride from Florida to Georgia on it too my friend...

COOL SCOOT THOUGH!!:thumbsup:

I bought my ZN700 when I was working in Wisconsin and trailered it home to NC. Later, I got a job in Homestead, FL and trailered it to FL. So, for a while it still had WI plates on it. I was just waiting for someone to ask if I rode it from WI to FL and I was going to tell them I rode it down:rotf: But, alas, no one ever asked.

Don, I am leaving for Lake Cumberland tomorrow afternoon. Will be passing through Somerset around 6. Winterizing the boat this weekend.

Would be great to meet up but I have no idea where we will be. We have rented a houseboat for all next week and pick it up later today. Plan to find a secluded place to park it and have no idea where that will be. :(

Hope the rain blows out there in NC and Ga mountians by next Sat. heading up that way for a week, then over to Savannha for a day or so.

As for the crazy choice of touring bike. Back in 57 my brother was stationed in Tampa Fl, he rode his BSA like 175 or something all the way from Fl to Detriot. Man I think about that ride on that small a bike, ouch.