IGNORED

Run Off VOTING for 2016 International Rally Location

Freebird

Been about 30 years since I rode in Wi, last time was to Milwaukee for summerfest in 1985.

Ah ha!! Finally the :lightbulb: comes on!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Dont feel bad brother, I have ridden near the area that Orlin lives in for years on my way to Sturgis or just heading west.. Just never Ventured down into his area - always wondered what was down there.. Made it to his MD this past spring - could not believe what I had been riding right past all those years :95:

Actually, from the looks of it, there are a lot of people interested in both sites.

While only one can be the international, I don't see any reason the other couldn't tale place as well. As long as they weren't in the same time period.

That would also accommodate the retired folks that could do both as well as those who just can't make one or the other due to location or timing...

Friends of Moe foe show!!!!!!!!! :witch_brew:

attachment.php?attachmentid=101686&d=1442253043

For what it's worth.....I haven't cast a vote yet. Been reading the links, reading the "stumping for" this or that and watching the videos posted about both locations.

Either site will be almost identical in mileage for us here in S. Indiana.

Either site looks like fabulous riding and scenery.

Either site will have very accommodating hosts and be very memorable, I'm sure.

I'd like to thank everyone who's already volunteered for working both of these locations and also the people who have taken time to explain to us folks who haven't been in these areas what to expect.

That said................

I'm leaning towards the WV rally slightly,,,,,,,but the wife says she's never been to Wisconsin and would be really happy if it were held there.

Does that mean I shouldn't vote for WV? lol

For what it's worth.....I haven't cast a vote yet. Been reading the links, reading the "stumping for" this or that and watching the videos posted about both locations.

I'd like to thank everyone who's already volunteered for working both of these locations and also the people who have taken time to explain to us folks who haven't been in these areas what to expect.

I'm leaning towards the WV rally slightly,,,,,,,but the wife says she's never been to Wisconsin and would be really happy if it were held there.

Happy wife happy life.......... just sumpin I've heard........

A short message from someone who can help @H20

attachment.php?attachmentid=101702&d=1442276330

Moe7.jpg

I have had enough time to just check the votes with work and getting ready for 2 weekends away one of them being the Leaf Lookers ride. Do have to say its been fun and am glad to of give people a choice.

I said at the start that I was going to keep it simple a place for everyone visit relax and enjoy each others company and get to ride in some really nice country on some really nice roads. And of course there will be good food and can never leave out the icecream and Wisconsins famous cheese and beer.

I dont think that anyone would be disapointed attending a good old fashioned Wisconsin get together.

Thanks Puc and Moe for all of the work, who would have thought Moe would have become a famous goat.

And Thanks to all that have voted and is still to vote.

Orlin

If It's Wisconsin. I could take 2 weeks off take the long way to get there by way of riding around Lake Superior. If it's West Virginia I could take 2 weeks off & take the long way there by way of the Dragon & Blue Ridge Parkway. Which way do I vote?

If It's Wisconsin. I could take 2 weeks off take the long way to get there by way of riding around Lake Superior. If it's West Virginia I could take 2 weeks off & take the long way there by way of the Dragon & Blue Ridge Parkway. Which way do I vote?

Its obvious, vote for Wisconsin.

Not that I have anything against WV. In fact, in my other life I spent many hours lost back in the hills looking for witnesses and trying not to get shot as a "Dang revenue agent" looking for stills and illegal coal mines.

But, it is my firm belief that we can get more bang for our bucks and have a better time if the 2016 IR were to be held in WI. I also believe that since it would be more centrally located, there would be a better attendance.

I have already cast my vote, but if you are still on the fence, I recommend that you strongly consider (and then vote for) WI as the location for the 2016 IR.

Well, lets see here,, here is something to think about 10spd, if you came around Lake Superior and into Wisconsin I think you would have more coasting and a lot less peddling on your 10 speed up huge mountains than you would if you went to WV on the route you are talking about.... :think::witch_brew::stickpoke::cool10::big-grin-emoticon: