IGNORED

With over 12,000 members Get your Butts in gear !!!!

Brake Pad

OK I'm just gonna put this out here, we have over 12,000 members on the board don't we?. I just can't figure out why we only have 139 votes for the next International Rally for 2016. Don't you people actually get on your motorcycles and ride them. I find that the greatest pleasure of this motorcycle group is actually going to meet the people at meet and greets international rallies or just the place asleep as I'm on the road . So what's your excuse for not coming to these rallies? I just don't understand why you sit at your computer and Live your life precariously through the travels of someone else. If you can't ride your bike to an event get in your car show up. be part of the community come out meet new friends (A Face to a Name ). Enjoy traveling with your fellow riders see sites that you've never seen before enjoy the beautiful country of Canada for me here in the United States .

Get off your ares and BE a follow member

Offer a meet and greet in your area

Set up a weekend camping trip

Get involved

Okay in done

Okay since you put it out there I will respond. I am one of those paid member and will remain that way for quite a while. Oh yeah I no longer ride a venture but am still on a Yamaha so its all good but tech stuff and anything pertaining to the bike is irrelevant in my opinion and also the reason I don't respond a lot.

Now since I openly admitted on this site I switched to Roadstar instead of moving on to a 2nd gen I in more ways than one have been made to feel like an outcast. I have sent Pm's and replied to messages and threads only to be ignored for the most part. There are a few out there that still talk to me and they are the reason I stay. Not folks who think they are the best because of the bike they ride.

So there . That is my reason for not voting. If its close enough for me to make and find someone to take care of my mom I will show up , but as an outcast I feel I have no right to vote anyways..

Ok end rant

Later folks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay since you put it out there I will respond. I am one of those paid member and will remain that way for quite a while. Oh yeah I no longer ride a venture but am still on a Yamaha so its all good but tech stuff and anything pertaining to the bike is irrelevant in my opinion and also the reason I don't respond a lot.

Now since I openly admitted on this site I switched to Roadstar instead of moving on to a 2nd gen I in more ways than one have been made to feel like an outcast. I have sent Pm's and replied to messages and threads only to be ignored for the most part. There are a few out there that still talk to me and they are the reason I stay. Not folks who think they are the best because of the bike they ride.

So there . That is my reason for not voting. If its close enough for me to make and find someone to take care of my mom I will show up , but as an outcast I feel I have no right to vote anyways..

Ok end rant

Later folks

painterman67,

I do not know why you feel that by switching to a Roadstar that you're being ignored or singled out? Plenty of members ride other bikes. Heck, some don't even own bikes anymore. I am not in any way suggesting you aren't feeling what you are. However if true, I'd be quite shocked and embarrassed at the forum members who do make it uncomfortable. The forum should always first and foremost be about the members, the people. The ride shouldn't and from my experiences hasn't been an issue. Certainly hope it was just a small case of bad timing. Almost everyone I've dealt with have been at least cordial. And, if you don't like me on the forum because I ride a non RSV, then tough, talk to the boss, who happens to ride a HD ��������������������

Edited by Barrycuda

I always liked the way that you :witch_brew: about the Victory scoots and was looking forward to hearing even more :witch_brew: about your Roadie Silv :happy34: I am totally in tune with Barry's comments... Gotta a sneaking hunch that, as history has proven, as we creep into winter and :stickpoke::witch_brew::Im not listening to starts taking the place of :7_2_102[1]: - :bikersmilie::auto::mytruck1: for a lot of folks a "different" kind of fun will once again invade this place:thumbsup:

I know one thing brothers,, even with my off season because of medical stuff - I done got me a great big ol heaping helping of beans to spill once the fireside chats begin - looking forward to hearing yours too Silv!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Ok end rant

Later folks

painterman67,

I do not know why you feel that by switching to a Roadstar that you're being ignored or singled out? Plenty of members ride other bikes. Heck, some don't even own bikes anymore. I am not in any way suggesting you aren't feeling what you are. However if true, I'd be quite shocked and embarrassed at the forum members who do make it uncomfortable. The forum should always first and foremost be about the members, the people. The ride shouldn't and from my experiences hasn't been an issue. Certainly hope it was just a small case of bad timing. Almost everyone I've dealt with have been at least cordial. And, if you don't like me on I them forum be I ride a non RSV, then tough, talk to the boss, who happens to ride a HD

Painterman, sorry you feel that way. I must agree withBarrycuda, one of the points I always make when telling people about this siteis it does not matter what you ride or drive your always welcome. Heck I'll letanybody stop by my tent ain't that right puc, and Barry I resemble that HDremark. :rotfl:

Ok end rant

Later folks

I'm one of the ones that doesn't care what kind of bike you ride. Many bikes at events are not Ventures. Everyone is welcome.

Brother I ride a Goldwing, I hosted 2014 IR on a Goldwing, doesn't matter what you ride. this site is about family. Truly the first one I ever had. this tread was about being a family member, come out and support your family.

and I thank You for Voicing your Opinion. Had you not said anything, we would have never none.

I LOVE YOU MAN !!!!!

Both Gulfport MS and Maggie Valley are about the same distance (7-8 hrs ride) from my house. My problem is that my wife and I aren't into camping and or dirt so there'd have to be decent amenities at either location. We're an hour from Daytona and are still on the fence about Biketoberfest because of the crowds. Bikeweek, ugh....

Ron and I have been members here since 2008. Actually, we were members before the site crashed, so I lost track. We have enjoyed meeting members when we have gone to Freebird's over the years. We have not been able to come to other meets. Usually have things going on here in our family. We babysit our grandsons two days a week. We are the only babysitters. No back up. We are both retired and probably getting near the time we will be hanging up our helmets. Not yet, but it is probably not that far off in the future. We both still love it now though. I think there are leaders and there are followers. Some here are leaders and we appreciate your efforts in organizing events for socializing. But you have to remember,not everyone is here to be social. Ron and I prefer to ride alone. The only time we rode with someone else was our son in law and daughter before they had children.

Like I said we thank you for your efforts, but we are not all here for the same reason. I think this is the greatest group of motorcycle folks there is and hope that it continues to grow in size.

Yama Mama

Both Gulfport MS and Maggie Valley are about the same distance (7-8 hrs ride) from my house. My problem is that my wife and I aren't into camping and or dirt so there'd have to be decent amenities at either location. We're an hour from Daytona and are still on the fence about Biketoberfest because of the crowds. Bikeweek, ugh....

biketoberfest has been getting a tad bit disappointing last 2-3 years. Same basic vendors, the section that I believe called beach street used to have shops and vendors and they are gone. Crowds increase with less space to walk let alone ride. I used to go every year, then every 2 years. I don't think I'll miss much. SSDD....

Ok end rant

Later folks

I am out of touch, I thought it was your lovely bride who got the new bike. How do you like the Road Star I was thinking about recommending one to a coworker of mine? I have only ridden one a couple of times so it would be nice to get someone who has more experience on one than I do.

the roadstar 1800 was the bike I had before going to the Venture, the wife wanted a bike with more storage, and I bought the trailer to. ( but we still don't have enough) LOL

Mike, Roadstar never had an 1800cc, first models had 1600cc then they changed to 1700 cc (1670 to be exact), your fat fngers must have pressed the wrong key.:confused24:

Painterman, sorry you feel that way. I must also agree with Barrycuda and the others. Heck, no one talks to me much anymore either but times are changing and so has this site. Many of the old timers here don't post much anymore or comment about anything. They are here lurking but that doesn't mean that they don't like you or that they are ignoring you.

Heck, jump in anytime.. :banana:

Don't let it bother you for I think you may be taking things wrong which give you those negative feelings.

Mike , Nope,

Yamaha never made an 1800 cc Roadstar. 2004 they went to 1700 cc.

SPECIFICATIONS

2004 Yamaha Road Star

Designation: XV17A

Suggested base price: $10,999

Standard color: White

Extra-cost colors: Black/red, add $200; Midnight black, add $800

Standard warranty: 12 months, unlimited miles

http://www.Yamaha-Motor.com

ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN

Type: Air-cooled 48-degree tandem V-twin

Valve arrangement: OHV; 2 intake, 2 exhaust valves operated by pushrods; hydraulic and threaded adjusters

Displacement, bore x stroke: 1670cc, 97 x 113mm

Mike , Nope,

Yamaha never made an 1800 cc Roadstar. 2004 they went to 1700 cc.

SPECIFICATIONS

2004 Yamaha Road Star

Designation: XV17A

Suggested base price: $10,999

Standard color: White

Extra-cost colors: Black/red, add $200; Midnight black, add $800

Standard warranty: 12 months, unlimited miles

www.Yamaha-Motor.com

ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN

Type: Air-cooled 48-degree tandem V-twin

Valve arrangement: OHV; 2 intake, 2 exhaust valves operated by pushrods; hydraulic and threaded adjusters

Displacement, bore x stroke: 1670cc, 97 x 113mm

Steve...Oh oh no you didn't!?!? ( insert neck movement and head bobbing)

Eck, I talk w you somewhat frequently. I always press LIKE when you post a joke... :)

Mike, the guy on Craigs list does not know what he has, that is a 1700 Road Star all day long. Any body can post what ever they want on craigs list, I have seen them post a Royal Star as a Road Star, even seen dealers do that.

Think what you like, but until someone shows be a title or spec sheet from Yamaha tha syas it is a factory 1800 cc RoadStar I stand on what I said and what I can find with my research in credible sources.

I am done with conversation just not worth my time, but anyone that cares to can check here http://www.autoevolution.com/moto/yamaha/road-star/

1800's must be very rare found an article from 2003 Motoworld and all they talk about is the 1700. http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2003/06/article/2004-yamaha-road-star/

Mike, the guy on Craigs list does not know what he has, that is a 1700 Road Star all day long. Any body can post what ever they want on craigs list, I have seen them post a Royal Star as a Road Star, even seen dealers do that.

Think what you like, but until someone shows be a title or spec sheet from Yamaha tha syas it is a factory 1800 cc RoadStar I stand on what I said and what I can find with my research in credible sources.

I am done with conversation just not worth my time, but anyone that cares to can check here http://www.autoevolution.com/moto/yamaha/road-star/

From another prespective though,, it is possible that the guy on Craigs knows exactly what he has,, his asking price is up there to the point that it makes me think maybe he does have an 1800.. Shortly after Yamaha came out with the Roadie 1700, the aftermarkets jumped in with a big bore kit (not sure if Mom Yam ever did come out with one but I do know for sure that it was available aftermarket) that took the new 1700 (1670cc) out to an 1800 (was actually just under 1800cc if memory serves me correctly).. Those "kits" were way more expensive than HD was/is getting for their "big bore" jugs/piston kits (88inch to 95inch, 96inch to 103inch jugs) which does indeed make them kinda rare..

The cool thing about the Roadie 1700 (and the earlier 1600's too) was they were/are very similar to an HD in their simplicity,, nothing like a "V" pushrod motor for ease of swapping out topend parts.. While no where near as big of variety as OEM Harley or aftermarket Harley, there were/are also performance cams/valves/heads available for the Roadie too.