IGNORED

My compliments to you Don (Freebird)

dragerman

I just wanted to extend my compliments to you Don for the great work you do and for all your efforts in maintaining this first class forum. I particularly appreciate your skill, tact, wisdom and levelheaded approach in moderating this site. You seem to chime in at the right time with care and consideration to all while encouraging and maintaining respectful freedom of expression and opinion. Your efforts undoubtedly foster the sense of family, respect and kindred spirit by way of example and have not gone unnoticed.

I thank you my friend and look forward to meeting you some day, perhaps at the 08 rally if not sooner.

Cheers to you Don! :thumbsup2:

Charlie

I sincerely appreciate the kind words. My feelings about how a site should be run are very simple. I try to be friendly and helpful and lead by example. Keep it nice, keep it PG rated, try to NOT be overbearing. I know that I sometimes fail but that is how I try to run it. I don't like sites where the moderators, directors, officers, whatever seem to be always "in your face". Every so often I get an email through the "contact us" link that says something like "can you tell me who owns this site"? When that happens, I feel that I am doing a good job. :)

I've been to a lot of sites that a question is asked and the answers are like "learn to do a search, that has been asked a hundred times". I cringe when I see such responses. Maybe it has been asked a hundred times but rather than such a condescending answer, it is nice to at least share some of the links where it has been discussed before. Some folks are new to discussion forums and even to computers and don't know how to do the searches and some of the other functions.

I could absolutely not keep up with all of this if it weren't for the GREAT members that we have here. There was a time when I first started this site...and for a long time...that I tried to reply to every single message posted. I still read every message posted but usually don't have to reply unless I have something to add. You folks are great at helping the new members and sharing your knowledge. I am humbled by your presence here.

Don

Guest divey

I joined this site about a month ago, mainly out of interest in reading about RSV issues (I just bought my first RSV last year). In the short time I've been reviewing the site, I have found it has been extremely helpful particularly from a maintenance/warranty/how do you do it standpoint. While I haven't had any problems with my bike, I've certainly become more aware of some of the potential issues that are out there. What I find most amazing about the site however is the commaraderie that you people share with one another. You're like one big happy family and sometimes it sounds like you all live in the same neighborhood what with talk about meeting up with one another on weekends, etc. I don't share that same luxury up where I am but I do know that from reading your posts, I don't think there's an unfriendly RSV or RSTD owner out there. Take care and ride safe. The weather man tells me that this weekend could be my first taste of reality this year. Can't wait!

Doug

Years from now there will be tales told of the mythical "Freebird" . Does he really exist or is he just a set of tall tales told around the campfire? Is it really possible that one man could set up such a site, not to mention the great group of folks that have come around to share their camaraderie? Is he the reincarnation of Paul Bunyan riding his great silver RSV righting wrongs and saving kittens out of trees? Nah...just a great friend and a guy with a wonderful vision. Thanks Don! :cool10:

Years from now there will be tales told of the mythical "Freebird" . Does he really exist or is he just a set of tall tales told around the campfire? Is it really possible that one man could set up such a site, not to mention the great group of folks that have come around to share their camaraderie? Is he the reincarnation of Paul Bunyan riding his great silver RSV righting wrongs and saving kittens out of trees? Nah...just a great friend and a guy with a wonderful vision. Thanks Don! :cool10:

:rotf:I would say your right on with that one. Don's one good guy.

Now he's getting the big head.:thumbsup2:

Don if you remember Tom from San Antonio ...he's been trying to tell people he's from southern ontario ............. I don't believe he's fooled anyone yet ....and btw .....thanks ...great site ...great people ...well except this one dude from Michigan ...he gives me a hard time when ever I see him ...that dam Squid LOL:rotf:

That's our Don! I figure the tone is set from the top and since Don is such a sweetie it filters down. This may be a motorcycle forum but we get to know each other pretty well. We share our sad times and our happy times. Some of these folks are closer then they are with their own families. I can hardly remember our life before this site.

Margaret

I can hardly remember our life before this site.

Margaret

I can see it now. Just married, a couple of down and out flat pancakes living off the syrup of the land, tattered, battered, and buttered, no, margarine, they were but mere silver dollar pancakes.

But one day, Don shows up: says we will start this site for sore pancakes and call it VentureRiders.Org!! Overnight, the flat, tattered Muffinman family somehow had some yeast injected by the secret VR Fairy called The Dairy Queen!!! They rose to the occasion and found new life as a couple of really delicious MUFFINS!!!

Look, I know im new here but I have been lurking for some time. I think Freebird has done a wonderful job here. Glad Im now a member. :fnd_(16):

I will also jump in on the lovefest for our fearless leader..:cool10:Shari and I can't wait to meet you in person at Maintenance Day.

I'm sorry,I looked in my genuine chrome plated trucker accessory Rand McNally road atlas and I could not find "South Cleveland".....:rotf::rotf:

I can see it now. Just married, a couple of down and out flat pancakes living off the syrup of the land, tattered, battered, and buttered, no, margarine, they were but mere silver dollar pancakes.

But one day, Don shows up: says we will start this site for sore pancakes and call it VentureRiders.Org!! Overnight, the flat, tattered Muffinman family somehow had some yeast injected by the secret VR Fairy called The Dairy Queen!!! They rose to the occasion and found new life as a couple of really delicious MUFFINS!!!

Look, I know im new here but I have been lurking for some time. I think Freebird has done a wonderful job here. Glad Im now a member. :fnd_(16):

Very good, next time we do a soap opera on here we know who to ask for assistance in writing it. The present writing team is two, but we did have a few assistants in coming up with ideas.

Margaret

Hard to not comment on this thread.

I really can't imagine how he finds the time or the knowhow to do what he does, so we can be here.

And he does it really well to boot!

I belong to a number of forums, and he does have a good point in that the members do make the forum what it is. But he is the glue that holds it all together.

Thanks, Don.

Steve