• Richmond, IN
    • Mississippi Gulf Coast (October)
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Davis, WV

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Another eastern international rally. Tough for those of us on the west coast to make it out there. :Sad_0241:[/quote

A Western U.S. trip is on our bucket list, but will have to wait till we retire, due to the limited vacation time we both have. As you said, Tough for us on the east coast to make it out there.

last year as I left the IR in Guntersville, In my heist to make it to New Jersey before my mom passed. I rode 81 down to 29 and around DC and Biltmore . even though it rained on me most of my trip to NJ. I said I was going to come back. In the pouring rain I stopped in a little town called Buchanan VA. ( some really nice people there ) I told them why I was going to NJ, they packed me some extra food and drink, and send me on my way. they even cover the lunch bill. I'm going back to thank them.

stopping in Weston Georgia, and buying a few (12) pecan pies as a Thank You.

mike, if you're up for it, I'd like to join you. Sounds like some great people...

Eck statement and participation if picked is the reason I chose Davis, WV. I also saw the link from slow roll and I've never been there. Want to try something different.

Barry I will say this for this area. There are no four lane roads in this area that are close except the new one that is under construction. You can ride for a week and not hit one if you want to. Not to many straight roads either other than the three mile straight that the resort is on. There is a lot to see and do if you like. Just to name a few. Seneca Rocks, Seneca Caverns, Smoke Hole Caverns, Cass scenic railroad, Greenbanks Observatory. Smallest Church and Post Office in 48 states. And of course some of the best roads in the country.

Barry I will say this for this area. There are no four lane roads in this area that are close except the new one that is under construction. You can ride for a week and not hit one if you want to. Not to many straight roads either other than the three mile straight that the resort is on. There is a lot to see and do if you like. Just to name a few. Seneca Rocks, Seneca Caverns, Smoke Hole Caverns, Cass scenic railroad, Greenbanks Observatory. Smallest Church and Post Office in 48 states. And of course some of the best roads in the country.

now I'm really excited to go up there. However with 9 days left the polls are pretty competitive....

Heck I think all these are too far. I think us western Canucks locals might just have to plan something low key to get together on our own.

Make sure you post a thread if a Western Canada rally is planned. We might be going West next summer for a family reunion and if timing works out I'd like to meet our Western members again.

but a hundred buck hotel is 70 bucks, a 20 bucks restaurant meal is under 15, and the hospitality is free! :)

Brian

The hospitality was awesome, and I loved being in the upper BC mountains. Can't be beat! I loved that part of my trip! Especially the Icefield parkway

Just a note. In accordance with your requests, there will likely be another poll to choose between the top two vote getters. The exception, not likely to happen, would be if one location wins by more than the total votes submitted for the locations other than the top two.

I knew that Old Goat is happy to see you all the time, He yells out " That's My DaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaD !!!

Like I said, I don't care were. If its WI, then I'm going north from there and hit the UP and back down through Ohio. that will cover the right side of the USA

My son the politician..

attachment.php?attachmentid=101581&d=1441778334

moe.jpg