IGNORED

I got a thinking problem

billmac

I have a very nice set of Diamond seats with black velour and diamond stitch with integrated / removable / adjustable driver's back rest included and I also have a set of Hartco custom seats that work with a OEM drivers back rest.

Both sets are very comfortable they just bring me up a tad compared to the stock seat but I bought them hoping they would lower me a bit instead . I have a 30" inseam and the RSV is a bit tall for me.

Are you looking for a trade??? Check Hartco and diamond seat reviews, they have the same owner and are made in the same place.

Regards, Paul

Just joining your thinking here this morning Bill, I have always liked the looks of those big ol cushy pillow tops,, seems like they would be just ticket for resting a bottom full of hot dogs on after a long day of riding.. On the same token though, I have never ridden any miles on any of the seats you are talking about so you best take that in consideration :Bunny:

Billmac,

I highly recommend the Ultimate Seat! They sit a little deeper than the Mustang, and my wife and I can ride the hair off of our 2007 RSTD and never have ill effects. I have on many occasions ridden a full tank of gas on our long vacation trips, stopped to fill up with gas and not gotten off of the bike while my wife ran into the store to grab us a drink or snack. When we first bought the bike, the stock seat was killing us. I looked into the Mustang Seat, but I didn't like how it pushed me forward in the saddle. Mustang was popular of course, but I wasn't real impressed with it. I ran into a guy who was riding a Valkarie and had an Ultimate Seat on it. He ranted and raved about the seat. I went on Ultimateseats.com and bought the rider and passenger seats, and both backrests, and it changed our world! Very comfortable with memory foam in them. Ultimate will even stitch something in them if you want them to. Take a look at them.

I see no reason at all to spend any money replacing my pillow top seats. Did my Iron Butt Ride on it without any complaints. Although with my 29" inseam, I wouldn't mind getting a little closer to the ground.

I see no reason at all to spend any money replacing my pillow top seats. Did my Iron Butt Ride on it without any complaints. Although with my 29" inseam, I wouldn't mind getting a little closer to the ground.

Highheel's? :think::shock3::stickpoke::crackup:

Sorry @gez, nothing personal,, just got a bad touch of sarcasim go ripping thru me for a second (has caused me a fair amount of trouble in my life),, NO OFFENSE :no-no-no:INTENDED MY FRIEND!!

Sorry @gez, nothing personal,, just got a bad touch of sarcasim go ripping thru me for a second (has caused me a fair amount of trouble in my life),, NO OFFENSE :no-no-no:INTENDED MY FRIEND!!

Hey yu know Puc that ain't such a bad idea....I had a pair of boots years ago that had a pretty thick sole. Must have been a 2 inch or better heel with a good thick sole but they were very comfy. Cain't remember the name of them but just looking at my riding boots now its not a bad idea to gain a inch. Would help my 30 inch inseam.

Not real happy with my Mustang seats, they look great but thinking I might start looking for a trade for corbon, ultimate or Russell all day. maybe a pillow top set. any thoughts?:think:

I tried the Corbin seat and didn't like it, it is hard as a rock. I also tried a Saddleman Road Sofa and it was better than the Corbin but I went with a set of Pillow tops that a friend gave me. The wife and I just got back from Branson,Mo. We did 3,187 miles round trip with no complaints on the pillow tops.

When RB gets back in the saddle...let him work over your pillow tops, Dan. If he narrows the front a tad, you'll be able to reach the ground easier. Plus he adds a touch of foam...making it a better shape. He did my VStar...the factory seat was sad....and I sold my Mustangs as the re-worked stock seat was now better!

Mr. Butler...I'm waiting patiently so you can have fun with my pillow tops!

david

Sorry late getting back but Wednesdays is my golf day and I'm gone all day. The mustangs may sit a little higher than stock and it pushes me forward, the back of the drivers seat is not high enough unless the back rest is in but the with the wife she pushes the back rest all the way down when I move a little and that's not comfy for me. So the stock one going back on Thursday. would really like the pillow top even if it's from a Venture (I'd make the L bracket to work on the RSTD) on my 78 Goldwing had a corbon and really liked it. Motiv I may be into a trade but never heard of those brands. Are they for an 07 RSTD? where is Litchfield, OH. May trade but would need to ride down to check them out. We did ride down to Freebirds a couple of time with no problems and really don't want to get in shipping seats. The Mustangs are three pieces with the studs.

WOW, I didn't see that coming. No offense taken, I enjoy this fun house.

I took my stock seats, they're not pillow tops, to my upholstery guy a couple years ago. He narrowed the front and relieved a little of the foam across the back on mine. He reworked the foam in the pillion too using an electric knife to "slit" the foam about 1/4" deep diagonally across the top. My wife said it made all the difference in her comfort. I had a Corbin with my '04, did not like it either, hard as a rock.