IGNORED

Finally Worked On Trike!!!

bongobobny

For the first time this year I finally decided enough is enough and put off work around the place and instead worked on Sexi! Today's accomplishments were the Flanders bars are finally installed with heat, new Kuryakin grips, and longer stainless steel throttle cables. I also got the R1 gold front calipers and stainless steel lines installed! Things took longer than expected and there was a little creative engineering involved. I had a trio of migrant workers helping out today as well, Marcarl, Wizard765, and Dogman all came over!

Many thanks to my Canadian friends for coming over and helping out! The old bars would probably still be on with the old cables! You guys are the best!

Yup, just typical for the Venturerider family but I wanted them to receive the recognition they deserve!

Tomorrow I have to bleed the clutch and brakes, and install a few other goodies that have been in the garage for a year or two like better front speakers and more lights, and fix my driving/passing lamps. Having my neighbor stop by after work to get the handlebars fine tuned to my liking, and maybe even take a short ride...

It's good to have friends :thumbsup2: Lot's done, now maybe you'll ride it finally :rasberry:

Here it's been non-stop wrenching for weeks :doh: both mowers down, needed new wiper motor in the Buick.

New fork springs, repack head & swingarm bearings, new Commander II tire on front & BF Goodrich TA Radial 155/80-15 on rear. Now 1 rear cylinder is not firing :crying:.

I think the tractor is now done, coil, points& condenser, fuel pump, valves adjusted. Wiper motor on Buick done. Waiting on parts for push mower :confused24:

Notice I didnt click "like" on your response Raggy - sounded way to much like whats going on around here too and I sure dont "like" it :big-grin-emoticon:

Hey ya lop eared varmint Bongo,, I didnt notice anything mentioned about a new battery?? Seems like the last time I heard about you not riding your scoot,, lets see,, oh yea,, that was a Raggy's Meet and Yap,, you werent riding it cause it needed a battery.. Just guessing that was taken care of a longgg time ago:stirthepot::stickpoke::big-grin-emoticon:

Sorry my friend, couldnt refuse being a smart :240:.. Sounds like you guys made some super headway - KUDO"S to those furry varmints from the North for getting ya fired up and helping ya get Sexi even Sexi-er yet!! ROCK ON GUYS!!!!!:thumbsup:

Most of the time I seen Bobbie laying down,,,, ticked me off a bit because it was my afternoon nap time and here it looked like he was getting his in,,,,,, Becky was nice though,, she said that when she was done cleaning the gazebo I could relax in there with her keeping an eye on things. I then thought about what might be said or reported on the site here,,,, then I thought about some story teller and all at once I was back to doing what I set out to do,,,, screwing up Bob's trike!!!! Did I say that???

Now I see why you didn't want to change out the new clutch line!! You should have said something about that Harbor Freight flare wrench! A few minutes with the grinder fixed the problem, it is now thinner and narrower! The other line was just a little short (stock size) so I had to reroute the long one as the neck side cover would not go on the way you had it routed.

Larry, I am replacing a couple of strip lights that have lost a few LED's and adding some parking lot lights to the gas tank. Also the driving lights are being replaced with LED units.

Yesterday I got the clutch and brakes bled. I'm not sure if I'm going to like the 14mm master cylinder, it depends on how grabby they are. The handle sure has a lot of travel! I got the speakers replaced in front with a pair of Kenwoods, still have to do the rears. The power amp I was planning on using is just a tad too big to fit where I wanted it to so back to the drawing board with that! I dressed up the wiring harnesses going down the forks and coming to the new Flanders bar, and had my Harley neighbor help me get the height of the bars set. Jonas, I got your pieces out and ready but ran out of time so maybe today when I get back from errands I'll get them in.

Pictures will be forthcoming when the trike is back together...

Tomorrow I have to bleed the clutch and brakes, and install a few other goodies that have been in the garage for a year or two like better front speakers and more lights, and fix my driving/passing lamps. Having my neighbor stop by after work to get the handlebars fine tuned to my liking, and maybe even take a short ride...

What speakers are you going with? I am wanting to upgrade mine when I split the faring to repaint the bike.

Candy apple Red ? Please :bowdown:

Candy, yes, but not apple red. 2004 Goldwing Kelly Magenta Candy. Had been looking for the right purple for some time and saw a trike in a BBQ restaurant parking lot and fell in love with the color. It (color purple) is in memory of a 6 year old girl that passed away last year with cancer. I got to get 'er done before the bike ride I put on for her in August.

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/b8a/b8aab1ae35838c5463e3fc417d5bb762_35a.jpg

OK today's accomplishments! Got the Starfan covers on, hooked up the Kenwoods, did some chrome stuff to the dash, and got my rear view display mounted on the handlebars. Had to go to doctors this AM followed by shopping so we didn't get back home until 2. This weekend is wet and cold so it's inside work on the gas tank (party lights) and fairing, broken tabs and replace LED strips. Maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll try out the improved front brakes which are R1 gold dots with EBC pads and 14mm master along with SS lines.

That should be pretty much all until the International except a few other little projects...