IGNORED

New Ventures coming out October 2015

lanster

It's easy to write cowardly text over the internet. I am a newer member to this website. I thought I was just being helpful sharing some information that I had heard. I will never post anything else on this site again; a bunch of gossiping old women many making fun of what I typed; not cool.

Lanster,

Don't take it personal at all. Everybody here is just having fun teasing each other. This topic has come up numerous times and starts the BSing all over, just like asking what tire to buy, or oil to use or why 2nd Gens are so much slower than a 1st Gen.

They weren't attacking you, just the subject that keeps coming up about a possible 3rd Gen.

So take a deep breath ( make sure Cowpuc's down wind) and relax. It isn't directed at you at all. Just a topic. :usa:

After reading/responding to this I found another recent thread about the same thing:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?102651-If-it-turns-out-to-be-true-would-ya

Edited by KIC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lanster,

Don't take it personal at all. Everybody here is just having fun teasing each other. This topic has come up numerous times and starts the BSing all over, just like asking what tire to buy, or oil to use or why 2nd Gens are so much slower than a 1st Gen.

They weren't attacking you, just the subject that keeps coming up about a possible 3rd Gen.

So take a deep breath ( make sure Cowpuc's down wind) and relax. It isn't directed at you at all. Just a topic. :usa:

I change my thread. Thanks, but I do not need to take a deep breath and relax. I know you're trying to be helpful. Sometimes what people type is not cool especially when they do not even know me; that is not ok.

Seeeeee there ya go, I'm getting dragged into it again........

Tomorrow is pretty short notice for SNOW, especially in Florida.........:snow::snow:

Maybe I can hit West Virginia, not so far away.......:snow2::snow2:

Watch it Bub!! Tazer is ready!!!:mugshot:

Seeeeee there ya go, I'm getting dragged into it again........

Tomorrow is pretty short notice for SNOW, especially in Florida.........:snow::snow:

Maybe I can hit West Virginia, not so far away.......:snow2::snow2:

That's fine with me. Its hot down here and I would like to cool off.:rotf:

Okay, Okay, Okay. I did not want to do this.......but....... No, never mind, I'm not gonna say it. Awww Heck! I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Friday I stopped into the largest Yamaha dealer in the state. Big, nice joint that all of us Yammy owners would be proud of. About 50-60 bikes on the new showroom floor and a building beside it with approximately 150 used bikes, plus a Honda dealership across the parking lot that is one of the top Honda sellers in the nation. All owned by the same guy. Big place. Anywho, I was talking to the owner about all of the talk on our forum about a possible new Venture coming and we talked about the recent spy photos. He said it was interesting I brought that up because he said he had just had a conversation with his Yamaha rep a couple weeks ago asking him about the possibility of a new Venture or some kind of Yamaha full dresser on the horizon. He said these manufacturer reps are sworn to privacy by contracts they sign, but occasionally they'll throw you a hint of whats coming. His Yammy rep answered his question by saying he should be pleased by what is coming this fall. He said the rep wouldn't say anything else about it, but it is causing him to wonder even more about whether it's true or not. But, he said he wouldn't guarantee anything because over the past 30 years he has been in the business, he has seen it not turn out to be true for one reason or another plenty of times.

NOW! I DID IT! I FREAKIN WADED OFF INTO THE BS WATERS! GOD, I HATE MYSELF!!! LOL.

Not that I would be buying some $25,000+ full boat tourer, but it would be nice if yammy took the new 'max, gave it a decent size fuel tank and wrapped it in full fairing and bags.

None of this Harely clone type stuff either.

Full boat tourer. Goldwing competition. Stand punch for punch in luxury and gadgets while giving better handling and performance. Like the first Venture.

I'd be pleased as punch if the styling gave a nod to the xzv12/13 too. Doesn't have to be the same, but just obvious lineage. Kinda like what ford did with he mustang series. Not a clone or copy of the original, but sure is the same bloodline.

:)

Yep. Yamaha is the best at keeping their products quiet untill they show up on the showroon floor.

Dealer in my area is going to a big dealers only meeting in 2 weeks, said he was going to press for some

touring bike info. because he is loosing long time touring customers he has to Honda and Kaw. Knowing

Yamaha they don't really care about the dealers thoughts, so I guess I wait till October and see.

FWIW, after 20 years, 1985 - 2004, run the Gen I Vmax was mooted to be replaced and talk filtered to the Paris Motor show of that year. Production of Gen I stopped in 2007, 3 years after the talk started. The Gen II Vmax was released in 2009, 5 years from gossip to go.

If Yam follow the same pattern, hoo nose, there is a while to go.

Not that I would be buying some $25,000+ full boat tourer, but it would be nice if yammy took the new 'max, gave it a decent size fuel tank and wrapped it in full fairing and bags.

None of this Harely clone type stuff either.

Full boat tourer. Goldwing competition. Stand punch for punch in luxury and gadgets while giving better handling and performance. Like the first Venture.

I'd be pleased as punch if the styling gave a nod to the xzv12/13 too. Doesn't have to be the same, but just obvious lineage. Kinda like what ford did with he mustang series. Not a clone or copy of the original, but sure is the same bloodline.

There are people in both camps. I would love to see a full boat CRUISER style but with a variation of the VMAX engine. If they go back to the feet under first gen style though, I would never be an owner. We all have different preferences.

why don't you all jump on your rides, and come on down to Vero beach for a long weekend.

Now that there suggestion right there makes more sense than anything I have read so far today:thumbsup:

VENTURERIDER.ORG JAM PILE ON MIKE'S PLACE!!! :big-grin-emoticon: :7_2_102[1]::7_2_102[1]::7_2_102[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_2[1]::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::900[1]::7_2_104[1]:

Which way is Florida again :moped:

There are people in both camps. I would love to see a full boat CRUISER style but with a variation of the VMAX engine. If they go back to the feet under first gen style though, I would never be an owner. We all have different preferences.

I am a greedy little sucker,, I want both forward controls with boards and mid ship foot pegs...

I am a greedy little sucker,, I want both forward controls with boards and mid ship foot pegs...

Why not?

I've got a drag specialties floor board attachment up!in the parts loft that goes right on to an early venture. Ive been considering spinning up a braket to allow them to mount to the engine crash bars a la fold up highway peg style.

Having it as a factory option would be simple enough on a new model.

Keep in mind that the last time we had a Venture generation change, it took five to six years before he new model was introduced. What has it been since the last 2nd gen, one or two years?

Randy

Nah...since the 2nd Gen was last changed what? 5 Years ago? :yikes: I'd say they stopped making changes and went right to development. Due this year.

I have a 2009 Star 1300 Tourer, bought it new off the floor room, it only has 2004 miles on it, tags expired in 2013, its been parked in my storage shed, i did some mods to it, thought it was a cool bike, but then after this one i wound up with some older Ventures and Goldwings and suddenly i lost interest in thus Harley clone. I am waiting for the right deal to trade it fir a later model Goldwing.

Thats my message to Yamaha, i am NOT going to be identified as a Harley poser.

The real question is this, just what features would elevate the new Venture past Goldwing?

I do know many Gl1800 owners gripe about an outdated gos and nav system. The Venture could go both Apple or Android compatible.

Another first, from the factory a Can Am styled Venture option, i personally think the Polaris version is ugly but a Goldwing looks awesome, now a Venture version, with reverse would be perfect, and a factory trailer.

Why someone would refer to the 2nd Gen as a Harley poser is beyond me :crying:. Its a great looking and handling bike (looks better than any HD I have ever seen), even though I did add the HD rear lights and RK pipes to mine.:whistling:...so does that make me a poser also :confused24:. To mother YAMAHA, go with the V4 engine with EFI and please update the Cassette unit to something more up to date......:group cheers:

Why someone would refer to the 2nd Gen as a Harley poser is beyond me :crying:. Its a great looking and handling bike (looks better than any HD I have ever seen), even though I did add the HD rear lights and RK pipes to mine.:whistling:...so does that make me a poser also :confused24:. To mother YAMAHA, go with the V4 engine with EFI and please update the Cassette unit to something more up to date......:group cheers:

poser may not be the right word, but they sure do follow the same mold....at least to my eye they do.