IGNORED

How many Miles...

1sttenor

As we discuss the issues on our beloved scoots, I often find myself wondering how many miles were on the affected bike at the time something happened to it. So, I thought a thread to tell us roughly how many miles were on our bikes might be in order.

I'll start:

06 Black Cherry Venture 12,000 miles No issues to this point, just upgrades.

7500 MI on my 07. Not a problem!:cool10:

I had a 2002 before this one with 38,000 on the ticker. Same thing, not one problem. I sold that (02) to a friend. He now has 42,000 on it and still, no problems.:banana:

RSV, What a bike:big-grin-emoticon:

On my first gen, I replaced the TCI at about 145,000 miles. I fried the stator and regulator at about 135K but it was my fault. Miscellaneous maintenance up to that point. My second gen, bought with 22K on it, currently 50K, I just replaced the rear brake pads. Nothing else other than routine stuff. My radio is starting to act up now and then but I can live with that, still under warranty until 11/09.

Allan, glad the 2004 has worked out well for you. Bought a 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT after you bought my Venture. (temporary insanity) My current 2007 Venture has been flawless so far. 50,000+ miles on my 1996 Royal Star Tour Classic, 20,000+ on my 1999 Venture, 50,000+ on my 2001 Royal Star Tour Deluxe, all for the most part trouble free.

Allan, glad the 2004 has worked out well for you. Bought a 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT after you bought my Venture. (temporary insanity) My current 2007 Venture has been flawless so far. 50,000+ miles on my 1996 Royal Star Tour Classic, 20,000+ on my 1999 Venture, 50,000+ on my 2001 Royal Star Tour Deluxe, all for the most part trouble free.

John, I tell you that the 2004 has been great :cool10:! Went on a 5200 mile trip last year to the Colorado rally then up to British Columbia and across Canada and back. I never had one worry the whole time. And still no whine or chirp or anything. It has been a wonderful experience, just hop on and ride!

2006 Black Cherry with 37,000 miles. At 4,000 there was a rear wheel hub bearing problem -- or quite possibly related to the infamous dry splines problem. I don't really know the details because the dealer fixed it under warranty and gave me a loaner for the few days while they waited for parts. No problems since then, if only I could stay away from nails and screws on the road! Still smooth, trouble-free and a real pleasure to ride.

44,560 on my "06" Black Cherry Venture.

Passing lamp swith went out twice. Replaced it the 3rd time with a swith from Autozone and not the yamaha swith. Works great now.

Had the clutch basket changed, went from a screamer to very tolerable.

The aux plug on the front faring does not work now.

That's it. Everything else is fine.

Jerry

Just wondering what happened with the Classic Lt and what your first hand impressions of it were. That is one nice big ass V-twin of a bike. I've always liked those and wondered what it what it would be like to drive one. As I prefer touring, I'd sure wish Kawasaki would make a touring version with that big motor.:happy34: Then I'd really have to do some serious thinking....

On my first gen, I replaced the TCI at about 145,000 miles. I fried the stator and regulator at about 135K but it was my fault. .

Allan how did that happen so I can avoid it myself? thanks

Oh Ya 84 Venture 1200 60,000 mile and runs sweet.

Allan how did that happen so I can avoid it myself? thanks

Oh Ya 84 Venture 1200 60,000 mile and runs sweet.

Well, I was with Lowell on the way to the first Vogel and we stopped to eat. I forgot and left the key on an the battery died. We got some cables and tried to charge off of Lowell's bike. I'm not exactly sure what happened at that point but we did get it started. I ran down the highway a few miles and realized that I was losing juice rapidly. Lowell was behind me and yelled over the cb that my bike was smoking. We pulled over and sure enough the regulator was MELTED! Long story short, I replaced the regulator and that still didn't do it so I got the new stator (Rick's Stators) and all was good. I'm not electrically inclined at all so I'm not really sure what the heck happened but I do know it was my stupidity I guess that did it :whistling: (leaving ign. on) . It did give us a great story for Vogel as well as the swapping two batteries all weekend long and riding home without any electrics at all ! Maybe Lowell can jump in here and give us a clue as to why it happened.

Well, I was with Lowell on the way to the first Vogel and we stopped to eat. I forgot and left the key on an the battery died. We got some cables and tried to charge off of Lowell's bike. I'm not exactly sure what happened at that point but we did get it started. I ran down the highway a few miles and realized that I was losing juice rapidly. Lowell was behind me and yelled over the cb that my bike was smoking. We pulled over and sure enough the regulator was MELTED! Long story short, I replaced the regulator and that still didn't do it so I got the new stator (Rick's Stators) and all was good. I'm not electrically inclined at all so I'm not really sure what the heck happened but I do know it was my stupidity I guess that did it :whistling: (leaving ign. on) . It did give us a great story for Vogel as well as the swapping two batteries all weekend long and riding home without any electrics at all ! Maybe Lowell can jump in here and give us a clue as to why it happened.

Sounds like you mixed the + and Ground Wires while Jump Starting or charging.

This would lead the R/R to fry and fail and because the R/R wasn't doing the Job he's designed to, the Stator couldn't get rid of the Power produced and got toasted also.

Like Forrest Gump said ... S..t happens

17,300 miles 2007 Venture

around 12,300, whole new rear end, drive shaft bit the BIG ONE.....

14,000. clicking on the rear hub

now 17,300. plus. the shaft feels like its grinding again, will have to drain the rear end fuild again and see whats attached to the magnet again, the first time, shavings of metal. whats next?

At about 30,000 miles I had the two into one pipes replaced due to exhaust leaks both left and right under warranty. 60,000 + had Audio system brain replaced and the main switch both under warranty. Brake pads replace @ approx. 50,000 miles and on my 5th set of tires. Avon venoms second set. Also replaced the battery last spring. It was still working fine I just felt I was pushing my luck @ 4 yrs. old. Still no problems w\ the notorious mono shock.

Bartley, The Classic LT has unbeliveable roll on power anytime. I tried out a 2006 Stratoliner, thats what I really wanted, but too many things I didn't like. (small bags, ugly windshield and backrest, etc.) But the kicker was the price, I got the Vulcan 2000 for a lot less. A 2043 cc motor is something to love. But these big Vtwins have a problem. They eat tires, expensive tires. $300 back tire would last 6000 miles, $250 front tire 9000 miles. My wifes 1700 Road Star gets 12000 miles from a $200 back tire.

I got 65,000 on my 03 RSMV... I bought it in 05 with 10,000 on it

Replaced the clutch w/Barnett at 25K

Replaced the working battery in 07 before a 7000 mile trip

Lost a coil last year in Houston

I got her in the shop right now getting the last of my Warranty work done:

Fix Fuel Gauge... Had to replace speedo cluster

Fix leaky rear shock - Replace

Fix Cruise Control

While there I'm having them adjust the Valves... Guy said it would only be 1 hour labor... I'm holding him to it.

I'll let you know how it comes out... She's supposed to be ready next week.

20k on my '07 RSTD. Just installed my 3rd set of tires ME880's this time. Added a few accessories, re-jetted the carbs after installing a pair of Baron's Nasty Boy slip-ons. Routine maintenance otherwise. Nowhere near needing brakepads yet, but don't ride in town much either. I just need more time and better weather, don't get to ride nearly enough.

Happy Trails!:bighug:

Drifter

i thank:we didn't let the bat charge up enough,vary low,and the alt,was over loaded,same thin for voltage,i had just replaced the alt & voltage reg,just before allen traded for the 90 vr[watch the little white plug,that plugs into the voltage]if there is any discolure,get it out of there,i used blue tube connecters,i have looked at a lot of 1gens and that seams to be common to them,the plug is on the right side,neer the rear shock dampper setting,has 3 high temp wires comming from the alt