IGNORED

Learn something new everday

Kirby

The wife and I went to Wally World today and we noticed a bike parked in the yellow zone at the end of the isle. Nothing new about this, I do it myself when on the bike. All of a sudden my wife says that bike has a handicap tag on it!!! What???? A handicapped tag!! Now this was a regular two wheeled bike, not a trike of any kind!! I thought to myself "How can this be?" How can a person be handicapped and ride a bike? Then I noticed it was a Harley.., that explained it all!!!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

After we laughed about it for a while she went on into the store and curiosity got the best of me. Soon as I saw the rider getting ready to leave, I went over and asked how he managed to get the tag. He said he really didn't know other than when he went to get one for his car, he asked about one for his bike and to his surprise they said "Sure". We laughed about it there standing by the bike and shot the bull for a couple of minutes before he finally had to go. I just shook my head and went on inside.

It could be a lot of things.

In WI the state has no say, If your doc fills out the form you get a handicap tag.

I know people that have handicaps that would not prevent them from riding a bike. You can also get handicap tags if the passenger is handicapped, but then you can only legally park in handicap IF the passenger is with you.

Several months ago I passed a guy with handicap tags on his bike. I thought the same - what the heck. Then I passed him and saw the oxygen tank strapped to the bike and the tubing running into his helmet. It got to me, I wasn't prepared for that. With tears in my eyes I gave him a thumbs up - ride on brother ride on!

We used to have a guy working for us that had a handicapped tag on the mirror of his service van. He was in a motorcycle accident years ago and got one foot pretty tore up. In any case, having it on a service van with extension ladders, it didn't go over well with people when he'd park the van in handicapped spaces. There was a complaint called in and he got reamed for it.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed. He was eventually let go.:doh:

I have an acquaintance that has a handicapped tag on his Vulcan. He wasn't able to walk far and always had the cane on the bike with him.

I haven't seen him in a few month. He's got other health issues now, and I think he's stopped riding.

I dont know the specifics on "regular" handicap tags here in Fla. But for a disabled vet you have to be 100% disabled. Well Im not that far gone but had called and asked. To me it would make sense if they cost of the tag was rated on your disability. IE you are 20% you pay 20% of tag fee. So I asked the gal on the phone if Im 100% disabled how in the heck can I drive?

Then a few days later I pull into the Wally World park lot. Here is a Jeep cj type with purple heart tags. Then some girl like18 or 20 hops in and drives away. No way she is a Viet Nam purple heart vet. So how in the heck does she rate one os those? GRR just burns me.

I dont know the specifics on "regular" handicap tags here in Fla. But for a disabled vet you have to be 100% disabled. Well Im not that far gone but had called and asked. To me it would make sense if they cost of the tag was rated on your disability. IE you are 20% you pay 20% of tag fee. So I asked the gal on the phone if Im 100% disabled how in the heck can I drive?

Then a few days later I pull into the Wally World park lot. Here is a Jeep cj type with purple heart tags. Then some girl like18 or 20 hops in and drives away. No way she is a Viet Nam purple heart vet. So how in the heck does she rate one os those? GRR just burns me.

Daddy's car.

There's a handicap tag on the cars and bikes at my house not because Mike's disabled, I am. I don't have trouble walking and distance crap most days now, but if I'm in pain walking to the door can be torture. Mike rarely parks handicap while on the bikes unless I'm having a bad day. Especially now when the docs expect me to walk my butt off.

Tis Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

can't believe your making fun of a Handicap plate on a MC. Not all disabilities are visible. I have one and would be happy to trade your healthy body for mine. I used to carry a cane on my bike but had two walk away from by bike. I use a shopping cart for a cane now. we do need to shop once in awhile also. Lost my job as a LE because of my disability and since it was not a job related disability nothing I could do about it. If you seen me you'd never know I couldn't walk more than 50 feet without aid and when I ride somewhere I don't usually take a walk with the other guys.

Could be peripheral neuropathy like I have, even one step feels abnormal. I have handicap plates on the trike and a sticker for the car. It does not prevent me from 2 wheels nor does it mean I can't walk a mile...

Stupidity, however, is not a handicap!

My buddy and I saw one a few years ago on a Honda while riding the Dragon.

We both thought it was a mistake until we got near Deals Gap and as the bike slowed outriggers came out from each side as he slowed and came to a stop.

The rider reached over to one side of the bike and grabbed his crutches.

He had braces on both legs but could ride like the wind.

We were impressed.

My buddy and I saw one a few years ago on a Honda while riding the Dragon.

We both thought it was a mistake until we got near Deals Gap and as the bike slowed outriggers came out from each side as he slowed and came to a stop.

The rider reached over to one side of the bike and grabbed his crutches.

He had braces on both legs but could ride like the wind.

We were impressed.

I once knew a kid that could open the rings of his three ring binder, take a page of notebook paper out of it. Fold it into a perfect paper airplane and sail it about 100 feet. Before you say "That's nothing any kid can do that. This kid was born without any arms. He grew up to be a world famous artist.

Just look at what all I've done in life with my handicaps. (Short, bald, fat & smelly feet)

Folks, I'm truly sorry if I offended anybody with this thread. I did not give it enough thought before posting. It was not my intent to poke fun at anybody or be insensitive to the handicapped. Please accept my apology for anything that I said or anything you think I might have implied about the handicapped. Again, I'm sorry.

I realized you were poking fun at the irony of a bike with handicap plates and not making fun of those of us with disabilities on a bike. When Mike went to get the handicap plate, the tag office tried to deny him the tag because it's not for him, but me, but GA doesn't make a distinction between cars and bikes. He had to show them the law and get a super to agree that Mike was correct.

Tis Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

Since this was part of the original post, I have to ask. Is parking in the yellow striped area of parking lots legal for motorcycles? Is it a jurisdictional thing. Is it up to the shoppimg center owners? Just a question that needs an answer.