IGNORED

New to me...

Daitan

I am going to be back in the saddle once again. I found a gem of a bike, a 2007 road star 1700, with 6,800 miles for 6k. It's in Ohio, Jamestown area. I will be picking it up on the 13th of March. I cannot wait. We will ride yet again:12101::12101::bikersmilie:

look forward to seeing ya'll out there.

Daitan:cool10::cool10::cool10:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Daitan

imagejpeg_0.jpgUpdate, I was given an offer I couldn't refuse. And some might think I am crazy, but you would have to join my parents in that circle. But I pick up Tom, a 2003 fully dressed anniversary, Electra glide ultra classic. Power commander, stage 1 kit, brand new tires, knock off slip ons, not too loud, but nice rumble. Aftermarket seat, lots of chrome, 54,000miles all for only $6,800. It's a steal!!!! I know, and it's all mine

THAT "TOM THE HOG" IS ONE GORGEOUS BIKE :scared: - WELCOME TO THE FAMILY TOM!! :thumbsup:CONGRATS DAITAN!! :thumbsup:

Like Silvr mentioned, it would be a really good idea to try and find out about the cam chain tensioners - see if that has been addressed for sure! Matter of fact, If that beautiful scoot were mine, I would take the cam cover off and see whats inside for myself anyway - probably stick in an upgraded oil pump and tensioners and be good for the next 70k.

Then my "bling" money would go for the quick release hardware for the trunk, rear fender rack, and a single seat so I could go show off on my custom bobber when Tip and I weren't out CTFWing on that puppy!!

Wow THAT is PURDY!!!

That's a good lookin' ride, congrats!! I had an '03 prior to finding my '99 Venture and I absolutely loved that bike. You can have a Yamaha dealer run the vin to see if any/all recalls have been done. There was a transmission recall on some of the Roadies, but I'm not sure how far up in the years it went. Good luck!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97843[/ATTACH]Update, I was given an offer I couldn't refuse. And some might think I am crazy, but you would have to join my parents in that circle. But I pick up Tom, a 2003 fully dressed anniversary, Electra glide ultra classic. Power commander, stage 1 kit, brand new tires, knock off slip ons, not too loud, but nice rumble. Aftermarket seat, lots of chrome, 54,000miles all for only $6,800. It's a steal!!!! I know, and it's all mine😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

That is an awefully sweet bike! Especially for the price! I hope you really enjoy it!

Great find there and even better at what you paid. I also had an 03 Ultra, but mine was solid black. The 88cid engine is a tough motor it actually has bearings in the cam plate where as the later engines only have inner needle bearings for the cams. Later engines cams run on an oil film on the out board cam plate which is aluminum. Just be mind full of the spring loaded cam chain tensioners and replace them when needed.

For those interested, I have info on the cam adjusters. To replace with stock will run approx. 700. To replace with an upgrade to hydraulic, that really don't need any attention, 900. So... 900 it is, plus a kuryakan super deluxe solo air horn for Harleys, along with a fender to fender check of everything. So, I want this bike to be flawless, well except for the owner...lol.

Anyway, should be done in a week. Let's hope the snow goes away.

See y'all soon

Daitan and Linus

Edited by Daitan
I hate predictive text

Good for you Daitan!!! 900 bucks seems a little high but I haven't had a bike worked on in a shop for a very long time,, probably going rate these days... Talking about air horns,, I have always LOVED that old school Harley "Jubilee" horn that they had back in the Duo Glide Days (the long bell one that stuck out from under the carb).. Wonder if thats the style of horn that your talking about?

Telling ya, that is one thing that I have ALWAYS like about HD and their aftermarket suppliers,, seems like a guy can pretty much build his bike any way he wants it..