IGNORED

If only i could afford it.

Raider58

WOW is what I think!! I LOVE the new Indians too!!

I have rode em (not the Roadmaster yet though) and I not sure if it would work for a replacement for the Ventures for me.. These 1st Gen Yams have my body molded and contoured to em, I fold the bars back and in, take the lowers off and stretch out my legs, lean back on Tippy and ride for hours and hours and hours... Just not sure how to think "replacement".. Now,,, "in addition to",, thats a whole nuther story!!

THEY ARE GORGEOUS THOUGH RAIDER!! :thumbsup:

This is what I would have in my garage if I could afford it.I think it would make a great alternative to the venture.what do you think?

I've yet to see one of these in person but I'm really itchin for a chance to demo them. Over on the Vic forum there's a number of guys who've bought a new Indian and by all accounts, they're very happy.

Youtube has several vids about them and Jay Leno does a real good review.

Belt squeal is generally an alignment issue. I sometimes get a bit of it on a cold morning when I'm just starting off ... after a bit it goes away.

I haven't heard it, he says more of a cricket noise, drives him crazy.

No, this is a dealer/bike issue as this is 4th time, and dealer acknowledges it. (I do see google chatter about it.)

I looked them over good in Myrtle Beach when I was down there. Beautiful, I love the look, but I am afraid it would drive me crazy trying to keep it clean and shiny. I have seen one Indian on the roads here. I believe a Chieftan. He was traveling South on I99 at about 40 mph. A good way to get run over on an interstate,

I haven't heard it, he says more of a cricket noise, drives him crazy.

No, this is a dealer/bike issue as this is 4th time, and dealer acknowledges it. (I do see google chatter about it.)

It could be this ... (watch to the end)

Edited by SilvrT

Sat on one yesterday at Iron Pony. That is one good looking bike. Wife fell in love with the saddle leather.

I personally don't like the look of the engine. The unpolished look of the heads reminds me too much of cheap pig iron. I know it isn't, but it looks that way to me.

If the squeak sound like the squeal in that video, I would be taking it back and getting a full refund and once they got the problem figured out and fixed, then I would look at them again. No way would I be riding a bike that sounded like that. Heck, I would hate to have a mile long string of goose flying behind me..

If the squeak sound like the squeal in that video, I would be taking it back and getting a full refund and once they got the problem figured out and fixed, then I would look at them again. No way would I be riding a bike that sounded like that. Heck, I would hate to have a mile long string of goose flying behind me..

Did you watch the vid to the end?

Did you watch the vid to the end?

No I didn't watch it to the end because I knew something was up at the beginning. The pause or spacing between squeak sounds was a whole lot "slower" than anything turning on his bike. The squeak would have had to be close to the speed his wheels or belt was turning. I was just saying, If I ever had a bike that squeaked like that it would be turned back in right away and a refund would be issued until it was fixed.

Sat on the Indian at the International Motorcycle show in Chicago yesterday. Nice but not a Venture.

Two different guys manning the Yamaha display said there will be a Venture replacement late this year. They had no details at all. One said part of the delay is to clear out large cruisers in inventory.

But we have heard this before.

Sat on the Indian at the International Motorcycle show in Chicago yesterday. Nice but not a Venture.

Two different guys manning the Yamaha display said there will be a Venture replacement late this year. They had no details at all. One said part of the delay is to clear out large cruisers in inventory.

But we have heard this before.

Yeah, I will say that Yamaha is trying to move the 2012-2013's left at dealers with deep discounts (rebates to dealer). They have actually put the 2013 RSV back on the Yamaha model page last week:

2013 Star Motorcycles Royal Star Venture S Home, information

I rode up to Lumberton NC with a friend from Columbia 3 weeks ago and he got the 2013 for $15099+ tax/tags.

It is up to the dealer to apply them (the one in Florence SC was holding out for 15999 on same bike).

He commutes (about 25k miles/yr and wanted the 5 year unlimited miles warranty,,, after HD $$ problems.)

GREAT deal if you are good with the 2013 model (I would for $10k less than the likely 2016).

Just not appealing to me. I dont like the tan seat, the frilly thingies I usually see hanging off them. The studded seats are not my style, the wheel pants, and the multi color trunk. If the guys paying $19k for them like them, rock on. I guess they just have to grow on you. I like the Vision and it had to grow on me, but I don't own one as they are out of any price range I have right now. I will say this from the fellows I have met that have them. They ride really nice and run smooth. But nobody I see owning one is under 50 either, so maybe Indian is eventual going to loose their market here as that age group dwindles.