IGNORED

I have a buddy Looking for a trailer

ragtop69gs

I wish I'd known about this sooner. I could have brought one of mine up here with me as I'm currently up in Ill. giving my mum a hand. I have a "homebuilt" trailer put together by fellow VRO member Owen. It's a small flatbed trailer with a hardshell car carrier mounted on top, all led lighting so it won't be a power drain on a bike. As I also got a trailer as part of the deal on my trike last year, I don't need it. If your friend would be interested, or anyone else for that matter, please let me know.

Look for a used cyclemate trailer. You should pay around $600 for one and they are great trailers. I had one that I pulled for many miles, sold it and bought a camper. Too big for me and sold that and got another cyclemate. You don't know they are back there.

And there are plenty of them out there.

There are two sizes: the larger would be good if you have a wife with a ton of stuff, but for traveling alone, the smaller one is perfect.

Edited by eagleeye
added info

Raggie, I still have this camping trailer sitting here in my garage.. If I remember correctly, Pat (WildKatPat) had mentioned they might be interested in it back when I swapped a bike for it last spring.. We can see if they still have interest in it and if not, your buddy can have it for 1250 (traded a really nice xl350 Honda for it),, is that fair?

Its older - think its 95 but PO only used it 4 times :scared: - from here to Traverse City..

Oh man,, you guys know we are gonna get in trouble for wheelin dealin in here!! :bluesbrother:

DSCN3441.JPG

DSCN3416.JPG

Raggie, I still have this camping trailer sitting here in my garage.. If I remember correctly, Pat (WildKatPat) had mentioned they might be interested in it back when I swapped a bike for it last spring.. We can see if they still have interest in it and if not, your buddy can have it for 1250 (traded a really nice xl350 Honda for it),, is that fair?

Its older - think its 95 but PO only used it 4 times :scared: - from here to Traverse City..

Oh man,, you guys know we are gonna get in trouble for wheelin dealin in here!! :bluesbrother:

Puc, I may be interested in that tent trailer lets talk.

Puc, I may be interested in that tent trailer lets talk.

Will do Raggie, I really need to get confirmation from @GAWildKat or @StormRaven before we do though cause I distinctly remember telling Kat that I would give her first dibs. Lets see if we get any comments or thoughts on the subject here from them by using this new fandangled "@" quoting thing that our Boss bought us all for Christmas.. If we dont, I will give em a shout and go from there..

We are very much still interested, just with my surgery and all we don't have the budget and all for extras at the moment. I just had to rebuild my laptop a 2nd time since owning it and still getting everything put back on the new hard drive.

I totally get the budget thing Kat, we just sold Olivia to get a handle on some of medical bills too.. Hope I didn't take you guys away from enjoying your Valentines Day - thought I better ask about it before Raggie and I went to yapping..

Raggie, here are a couple more shots of this puppy. It's a "Vista" name brand. Literally smells like new inside, it came with both the 6 and 10" vinyl covers that go over the top to carry extra stuff under. There is no mattress (probably suppose to use a blow up mattress?). I looked it over very very carefully when I had it open last spring to figure out how to put it together and I found one spot, about the size of the end of a pencil eraser, in the canvas that appeared slightly worn (like it had gotten pinched somehow). Every where else looked perfect!

I did some horse trading, had an Honda XL350 that I was not able to get my investment and labor hours out of (nice bike), crazy bike business - at one time those XL/XR's were GREAT sellers, 1500 to 2000 all day long.. This last one I did was a sharp bike but no buyers (had a guy offer 700 bucks for it). Ended up with this trailer out of it, original owner used it 4 times, Tip and I never did use it cause we tent camp (why am telling you - we left our tent bottom impression on your lawn last summer LOL).

Probably shuold stick this thing in the VR Trailer for sale section if you folks decide you oughta stick to your original plan of getting a motorhome!!

DSCN3434.JPG

DSCN3437.JPG

DSCN3413.JPG

DSCN3415.JPG

DSCN3422.JPG

DSCN3429.JPG

Oh, the surgery was 100% covered, so no worries there, but the protein drinks, vitamin supplements, etc, are not covered under insurance. As far as Valentine's, I cheated and we went out to eat last night. There's a nice little Indian place about 10mins down the road we have never tried, and we said why not. Had some awesome Tandoori mixed grill, shrimp, lamb and chicken, with onions, cabbage, and peppers. Worst I thought was the food might be cleansing....yup, it was that, other than that I seem to be tolerating my tiny bits of food well. As much as I know I was supposed to be on a pureed diet, I just can't stand doing it every day, so, I'm mixing in some chicken and veggies into my dinner because cream of chicken soup got old last week!

Will do Raggie, I really need to get confirmation from @GAWildKat or @StormRaven before we do though cause I distinctly remember telling Kat that I would give her first dibs. Lets see if we get any comments or thoughts on the subject here from them by using this new fandangled "@" quoting thing that our Boss bought us all for Christmas.. If we dont, I will give em a shout and go from there..

No hurry on it, let me know if & when.

Can't pull a motor home behind a Venture! I'd have to buy a 502 Boss Hoss for that!!

That would be really fun,, build a 502 Hoss Trike up with a 5th wheel unit on its backside. Make a small 5th Wheel trailer, fully self contained.. To bad we aint Jay Leno rich, we could get into all kinds of endless trouble:big-grin-emoticon:!!

If you are looking for a custom made tear-drop trailer I have just the thing and I have pictures to show how it was built too.

I'll never get what I have into it but $1000.00 will help with my sorrows.

Bubber

send me a private email with your email address and I can send pics if truly interested.

If you are looking for a custom made tear-drop trailer I have just the thing and I have pictures to show how it was built too.

I'll never get what I have into it but $1000.00 will help with my sorrows.

Bubber

send me a private email with your email address and I can send pics if truly interested.

I don't think he's looking to spend that much Bubber. Sorry.