IGNORED

Went on another solo ride today

Eck

Took another ride up into TN., and found a few back roads I have never been on.

The dates and time are not correct in the pics; Dates should be 02/04/15.

I left home around 10am and got back home around 4pm.

Burned up about 3/4 tank of gas.

HPIM1707.jpg

HPIM1709.jpg

HPIM1710.jpg

HPIM1712.jpg

HPIM1715.jpg

HPIM1716.jpg

HPIM1719.jpg

HPIM1720.jpg

HPIM1721.jpg

HPIM1722.jpg

WOW ECKSTER - I AM WITH SKID, WISH TIP AND I COULDA BEEN WITH YA ON THAT ONE!! Did you just happen into that area or was this a blind date? Reason I ask is thats the kind of stuff I tend to find when I am good and lost.

BEAUTIFUL shots!! I wouldnt be surprised if Honda LTD contacts you and wants to use that area for their new Wing ads..

(quote- cowpuc): Did you just happen into that area or was this a blind date?

I wasn't really lost, per say, but I was on a road I have never been on before. I am enjoying the solo rides I have been taking going up into TN and trying to find the loneliest roads I can..I road on that road for several miles and only one pic-up truck came by me. Felt like I was the only one left in the world.

I like the old barns/buildings and find them neat to look at in my pics after I get back home after a days ride.

So was this in the southeast part of Tennessee? That old store looks familiar to me. When we took our trip last year we took a right at Sevierville, then up thru eastern Tennessee, that was some beautiful riding. I like taking the roads less travelled too, you always wind up somewhere new. If you get the chance ride up thru Cumberland Gap and go up to the Pinnacle, it's worth the trip too.

So was this in the southeast part of Tennessee? That old store looks familiar to me. When we took our trip last year we took a right at Sevierville, then up thru eastern Tennessee, that was some beautiful riding. I like taking the roads less travelled too, you always wind up somewhere new. If you get the chance ride up thru Cumberland Gap and go up to the Pinnacle, it's worth the trip too.

This short vid tells al about it. Pretty neat place for a lunch M&E (coming soon when weather breaks)...:stickpoke:

The name has changed but it is still the same..

Tennessee Crossroads - Program Info / Watch

Hey Eck, that does look good. It got above freezing here today, felt pretty good. That good looking bike is in all the pictures except the two. That wing does float doesn't it? :stickpoke: All the old barns up in this country have pretty much been torn down but it is nice to see.:thumbsup2:

Thanks for the link Eck. That was a cool video, kinda reminds me of my younger days. My grandfather ran a little country store from the early 60's to the mid 70's and that was THE place to be. Winter always brought long nights of Rook games on Friday and Saturday nights, and Christmastime was almost a magical thing. He didn't have all them fancy vittles either, it was a bologna sandwich or "pickle dog" and crackers. Wonder how many here know what "pickle dog" is?? I had a really lively conversation one time on the Volusia Owners forum concerning "cathead biscuits", it's something you just have to have grown up around I guess. It was a time when you could still trust folks too, I don't ever remember him locking the store door. That place is definitely on the list for '15, thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for the link Eck. That was a cool video, kinda reminds me of my younger days. My grandfather ran a little country store from the early 60's to the mid 70's and that was THE place to be. Winter always brought long nights of Rook games on Friday and Saturday nights, and Christmastime was almost a magical thing. He didn't have all them fancy vittles either, it was a bologna sandwich or "pickle dog" and crackers. Wonder how many here know what "pickle dog" is?? I had a really lively conversation one time on the Volusia Owners forum concerning "cathead biscuits", it's something you just have to have grown up around I guess. It was a time when you could still trust folks too, I don't ever remember him locking the store door. That place is definitely on the list for '15, thanks for sharing it.

Wrench your right I don't know what a pickle dog is. But I would like to. I'll trade a fried pig ear sandwich for a pickle dog. :hihi:

See!!! I knew I'd catch a fish with that bait. It's actually bologna, in a casing like sausage, packed in a vinegar pickling solution in a gallon jug. It's almost instant heartburn for me, but it's sooooo good. It also comes in hot dog sized pieces in a smaller jar. It's made by the Fischer Packing Co.