IGNORED

VR.org Face book request

Eck

Chris Hammon wanted to join our FB page, but I did not see him listed as a VR.Org member. I sent him a message on his FB page requesting him to join VR.Org. first and then he can become a member on our FB page. I accidendently blocked him on FB, and I am not sure how to undo what I did .

If anyone knows Chris, as a member here please accept his request on FB. I could not find his name in our community.

Thanks

Eck

Hey Freebird,

Being in agreement with your concern of just adding members to the FB page and NOT being a VR.Org member, how do you think we should "block" the interested party on FB before someone comes along and just accepts them on to the FB forum?

I blocked the person, and that was the only way I could think of to avoid someone coming behind me and just accepting the person. This may not be the right way to do it though...

Any thoughts from others is welcomed here now...............

Eck

So everyone on the FB Page is a member here? I didn't know that. I know a bunch of members by name and I hardly see anyone on the FB Page I know. Maybe I know them but not by their full name.

No Rick this is not so...There are people on the VR.Org FB forum that are NOT VR.ORG members...This is what we are trying to stop..

We need to verify that the requestor (who wants to join the VR Facebook forum), actually "IS" a VR.ORG member...At least this is what we are trying to do........

Eck,

Do you even know who the moderators are on Facebook? I have no idea. I was added as an admin when they started it but at this point, I don't even remember who started it. The first step would be to find out who the moderators there are. Then as already said, change the settings to that only certain people can approve requests and they should only do so after verifying here that they are supporting members. It will take a bit more time but it's the only way that I know to do it.

Eck,

Do you even know who the moderators are on Facebook? I have no idea. I was added as an admin when they started it but at this point, I don't even remember who started it. The first step would be to find out who the moderators there are. Then as already said, change the settings to that only certain people can approve requests and they should only do so after verifying here that they are supporting members. It will take a bit more time but it's the only way that I know to do it.

Here are the Admins on the FB forum:

Eck Nace - and I never knew this................

Don Nelson

Kevin Call

Darrin Garrison

Patrick Payton

Kreg Whittig

Edited by Eck

I guess if one did want to make the Facebook a closed site, just be easier to delete the existing account and start over with a new FB page. Just be careful who has access to inviting other users. Just an idea.

I have no problem with a VR FB page

The Facebook page is already a closed site, it was just set so that any member could add another member and there has been no attention paid to whether or not that members is a member here or not. That is the issue. I changed the settings so that only an admin can approve new members. If we need more admins, we can add more but the main thing is that before approving a new member, they admin should come here and see if they are on the members list. Only supporting members show up on the members list here so that will be a good enough way to verify. It may require a message to the user requesting access to find out what their username is here. A bit more work but not that big a deal. The biggest issue will be going through all the current members there and seeing if they are supporting members here. That will take some time but it doesn't have to be done overnight.

It may require a message to the user requesting access to find out what their username is here. A bit more work but not that big a deal. The biggest issue will be going through all the current members there and seeing if they are supporting members here. That will take some time but it doesn't have to be done overnight.

If anyone wants to join the FB page, please post your VR.org name with your real name. It sure would make it easier for the admin to approve or send an email as to why they could not accept the request...thanks