IGNORED

Seeking 1983-1993 VIN for a comprehensive database

Sorry this took so long. I actually forgot about it. I am sending you a PM with the VIN. The tag also shows it to have been made in 7/1986. It is the 5th Anniversary tutone Gold color and has the original 5th Anniversary badges on it.It was sold by Plaza Cycle in Salt Lake City UT but not sure of the month. It was then taken to Wyoming where it spent several years but not many miles. I believe he either became too ill to ride or passed away. The next owner brought it back to Utah to Price. He only had it a short time and also did not ride it much,then decided he wanted something else. I bought it in 2001 with 35k on and proceeded to put another 40K on it until I bought my 08 Tour Deluxe in March of 08. It has been garaged under wraps since then. It has Chrome Rotor and Caliper covers,VentureLine Chrome fender bumper with lights, fork mounted marker lights,VentureLine Chrome Fairing Air intakes Ventureline Grips,Ventureline back rest,VentureLine Driving light mounts/horn relocators,Wood Grain dash overlays,luggage rack,Trunk side guards Chrome space fillers behind engine and a full set of Travelcade sheep's skin covers,(passenger back rest driver backrest and seat.

This is my 3rd 1st gen since 1983 of a total of 4 before going to Royal Stars

Sorry this took so long. I actually forgot about it. I am sending you a PM with the VIN. The tag also shows it to have been made in 7/1986. It is the 5th Anniversary tutone Gold color and has the original 5th Anniversary badges on it.It was sold by Plaza Cycle in Salt Lake City UT but not sure of the month. It was then taken to Wyoming where it spent several years but not many miles. I believe he either became too ill to ride or passed away. The next owner brought it back to Utah to Price. He only had it a short time and also did not ride it much,then decided he wanted something else. I bought it in 2001 with 35k on and proceeded to put another 40K on it until I bought my 08 Tour Deluxe in March of 08. It has been garaged under wraps since then. It has Chrome Rotor and Caliper covers,VentureLine Chrome fender bumper with lights, fork mounted marker lights,VentureLine Chrome Fairing Air intakes Ventureline Grips,Ventureline back rest,VentureLine Driving light mounts/horn relocators,Wood Grain dash overlays,luggage rack,Trunk side guards Chrome space fillers behind engine and a full set of Travelcade sheep's skin covers,(passenger back rest driver backrest and seat.

This is my 3rd 1st gen since 1983 of a total of 4 before going to Royal Stars

Thank you for this helpful information, Paul. Your description and commentary will be added to the 'comments' section of your specific VIN in the database. However your submitted VIN is incomplete.

Thanks. Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin,

I bought my venture std new in 1983 ser#JYA26H005DA001130 mfg date 1/83.

I also had the frame crack issue twice. Welded the first then hit serious pot hole on freeway, found another frame at Pinwall Cycle, re-enforced/welded and switched out frames. serial # for that one is; JYA26H008DA004184 It was a royale. Lower frame rail was not included so not sure of mfg date. Thx for your efforts on this.

Best Regards

Jamie

Thank you, Jamie for this information.

Ironically, I had your second VIN already recorded in my database. I discovered it at a salvage auction in Tennessee. It was a maroon Standard, not Royale. (The '26H' in the VIN denotes a 1983 Standard). The build date for the 26H008DA004184 is either 02/83 or 03/83.

If you would like a copy of the Excel database, PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Thanks again.

Venture Thumbs Up2.jpg

I found another 84 canadian venture and sent you the info in a pm yesterday. Please confirm at your convenience. I have also been spreading the word about this forum.

Thank you Brenner, for the information and for your efforts to improve the database. The latest data has been added.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long. Mine is :JYA26H005DA005910. I believe a Standard.

No sticker with a build date, but showing 43,273 on the odo. Rescued from under a leaky open barn in Perkinston, MS where it had sat for at least six years after the brakes seized. I picked it up in November 2013. Not your ideal "barn find" to say the least.

Richard

Edited by flyday58
more info

Thank you Jack!

Could I bother you for the manufacturing dates?

The 1991 is the second off the line for a US49 destination. First one was 39101.

I'll get them in a bit Kevin. The second off the line might explain why it has so many Venture Line accessories on it. I once compared it to the VL brochure and I think it had 27 of the 29 items. I've always thought it might have originally been a demo/show bike of some sort.

Stay tuned....

Kevin - I already gave you one of these, I think the blue one.

JYA1NL00 9 HA010681 8/86 87 Royale Gold/Creme presently 44k

JYA2LW00 6 HA000475 9/86 87 Standard? Blue? presently 55k

Does that make sense? Seems the later build date has lower serial number. The blue bike has later forks with antidive on sides and custom paint.

Thank you for the information, Kelly.

Each discrete model has its own serial number range. The 1987 US49 Standard (2LW) started with "000101", whereas the 1987 US49 Royale (1NL) started with "010101". The 1987 California Royale (1UN), the 1987 California Standard (2LX) both start with "000101".

i don't know if You have 1Roosters bike on there, but since it is now my son-in-laws 1986, here is the VIN JYA1NL006GA001404 :biker:

Sent you an email with 7 VIN #'s in it. To your nabbnet account.

Thank you Bill and Gary. Appreciate the VINs.

If either of you wish a copy of the .xlsx file, let me know and I will email it.

One of the bikes I have had was the 47th Venture made in 1983.

Not exactly. That Venture (47R) was the 47th 1983½ XVZ12KC2 Standard made (that series started with 000101), not 47th of 1983. It was made in September 1983 as Yamaha's attempt at selling a 1984, but titled as a 1983, in the US while skirting the new "Big Bike" tariff on 1984s.

I already had that bike in my database.

It was sold on eBay

End Time: 3/22/2012 11:34

Sold Price: $1,000

Bids 26

Seller: darkengrey

For Sale By: Private seller

Year: 1983 VehicleTitle:

Make: Yamaha Condition:

Model: VENTURE Mileage: 66755

VIN: JYA47R00XDA000147 Exterior Color: Blue

Edited by Prairiehammer

Now that you mention that, I do recall it was an 84.

Picture of Tweety's title (lower) and the 84's title (upper). Tweety had a 26H designation in VIN & 84 had 47R designation.

84 looked good on the outside, but inside it was rough. Quite a few parts from it are on Tweety.

Gary

IMG_1316s.jpgIMG_1317s.jpgVenMax.jpgSmurf bike.jpgIMG_1339.jpg

Looked through your database some, lot of time and effort is going into this.

Some interesting stuff in there. A rough estimate can be made of the number of bikes that were sold. Confirms a thought I have had that the 83's were the most prevelant ones. There are always a number of 83's on ebay, either completed or parted out.

Thanks,

Gary

I'll get them in a bit Kevin. The second off the line might explain why it has so many Venture Line accessories on it. I once compared it to the VL brochure and I think it had 27 of the 29 items. I've always thought it might have originally been a demo/show bike of some sort.

Stay tuned....

OK Kev. I finally took a look at the decal on the '91. Built in 8/90. Kinda confirms the low s/n.... The '87 is buried. It'll be a while... :)

OK we talked on the phone last fall and I told you I would get these for ya.

1988 VR JYA1NLE05JA022745 Scoot I am now riding and love

1987 VR JYA1NL009HA011779 Donor Scoot that was dumped some time back, may restore some day

1984 VR JYA41V007EA002627 First big scoot I ever owned and love, still have it but will be parting out.