IGNORED

Seeking 1983-1993 VIN for a comprehensive database

Thanks a bunch, Max. I am especially enamored with the Canadian VINs. You did know you have a Yankee Venture in the mix?

Do you want a copy of the database? If so, I'll need an email address.

Very interesting, I had no idea there was southern mix. They all seem to get along just fine :hihi:.

Appreciate the effort, email add on it's way.

Hi Kevin. Cool research project you are doing. I consider myself a potential future 1st generation owner (when I see the right deal on a nice specimen). But either way, I would enjoy looking at your data if that's ok. PM to be sent.

thanks,

Jim

Hi Kevin, My bike is a blue 1990 which I believe is a Canadian bike. I live in Australia and have done a fair bit of work to bring it back to life. 64673 km on the clock 6'90 jya1umn0 4 ma009126. like your project. has this helped??

regards

Ian

Thanks for your contribution, Ian. Curiously, I found that I had already entered your bike's VIN. I had no comments attached to that entry, so I can not tell where I got it, but I did note that it was in Australia.

Yes, you are correct about your bike being intended for the Canadian destination market, however, your Venture is a 1991, not a 1990.

The build date is interesting. a build date in June for any year Venture has not been noted prior to your submission. If the build date on yours is truly 06/90, it would confirm my hypothesis that the Canadian bikes were built prior to the US bikes for any particular year.

Does your Venture have a factory paint scheme? There was no blue in the 1991 US Venture line (although, the 'black' 1991 Venture was called by Yamaha 'New Black Blue'. An intriguing possibility that the 1991 Canadian Ventures had a different color than the US versions.

Ian, if you desire a copy of this database to date, please PM your email address and it will be sent post haste.

Edited by Prairiehammer

1984 Royale JYA41V001EA001134 New Ruby Red/Romanesque Crimson about 8K mi. (bike is currently stored, can send build date in Spring).

Will send you a pm....would appreciate a copy of the list.

Bike isn't running, but I'm told it could have the 2nd gear issue.

Thank you, Pat for your submission. A copy has been sent to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another one for your records: JYA31M003DA002404 1983 XVZ12TDK in the tan and creme combination. Just shy of 31,968 miles on it. Legally, its still owned by Dick Marshall of Mineral, VA (bought new 09/09/83), although I'll get around to changing the title once the bike is running again. Syke

Prairie, Tweeks is an 83, VIN JYA26H000DA006334.. No idea on her build date cause that little sticker got burned off in exhaust repairs, rubbed off with prairie weeds, torn off from dragging broken branches of Ponderosa Pines while snake trailing along the Grand Canyon or sand blasted off in the high cross winds of Montana - its long gone and that spot has been painted over several times - no idea of build date.. Her title matches her frame stamp so I know it is accurate BUT, the title also shows a model "X1T" as her model number, just noticed that, always thought these were "XVZ"s for model? She has 244k on her odometer but it died back in Dennison Texas last year so no real idea on that either.. She has been without a complete second gear since about 42k, short shifting has worked for many many miles - used it sparingly for a long time but them dogs is rounded right off now.. The old girl is one worn out, tired ol scoot but we love her!!

PS,, a note to any computer scammer dudes out there,, if your reading this and you decide to come steal Tweeks now cause you have her VIN number,, FYI,,, she HATES being over choked when cold, her front brakes work a LOT better than her rears, when her fuel warning light comes on ya got about 20 minutes to get fuel if your riding hard (speedo dont work so you dont have to worry about getting a ticket for going to fast), ya gotta fiddle with her blinker switch to get her blinkers to work (use hand signals so you dont hurt yourself or some innocent bystander), her front end is kinda loose and has the typical wobble at 42mph and her kickstand switch has been disconnected so she WILL keep running with the stand down - DONT FORGET TO PUT HER STAND UP BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF!! Oh yea,, she does tend to have a mind of her own and if your not nice to er,, welllll,,, ye be warned.. :big-grin-emoticon: