IGNORED

Seeking 1983-1993 VIN for a comprehensive database

Really, that's unusual for sure. The serial number is 31N000556. Color is maroon. Appreciate your assistance with this.

Not that unusual for Canadian Ventures, especially those in the Maritimes. I have a dozen or so Canadian Ventures that lack the 17 digit VIN.

If your insurer demands a 17 digit VIN, use this:

JYA31N000DA000556.

That would be how your bike would be identified if it had a 17 digit VIN.

The 31N denotes a Canada market 1983 XVZ12TD Venture Royale. The maroon color is not original for your Venture however. The 1983 Royale was only in two tone gold.

Edited by Prairiehammer

Not that unusual for Canadian Ventures, especially those in the Maritimes. I have a dozen or so Canadian Ventures that lack the 17 digit VIN.

If your insurer demands a 17 digit VIN, use this:

JYA31N000DA000556.

That would be how your bike would be identified if it had a 17 digit VIN.

The 31N denotes a Canada market 1983 XVZ12TD Venture Royale. The maroon color is not original for your Venture however. The 1983 Royale was only in two tone gold.

Well it worked out in any case. They accepted the shortened VIN before the days end.

I think your mistaken about the colour choices though. I've seen other 83's posted online in maroon as well.

Will PM u to request the database. Would love to see where all of these are scattered! Greatly appreciate your help. Without knowing about such an oddity you begin to wonder if the 17 digit VIN was removed for some reason!

I think your mistaken about the colour choices though. I've seen other 83's posted online in maroon as well.

Yes, one of the colors of 1983 XVZ12TK (STANDARD Venture, not ROYALE) is "maroon" (Yamaha calls it NRR, NEW RUBY RED). There is also another 1983 STANDARD Venture color, "black" called by Yamaha SCB, SPARKLE CRIMSON BLACK.

The 1983 ROYALE however, was only in two tone "gold" (AVG, ALLUVIAL GOLD & SILKY GOLD).

11999078_894311613973029_7362017596744180608_n - Copy.jpg1983 Canada Royale - Copy.jpg

Confused by that information. The owner's manual and VIN suggest it's a 1983 TDK. And it's not the color you suggest.

What does this suggest? It's not painted and the plastics are not in the best of shape, so no chips in the paint to show anything different than the maroon color that it seems to be. I'm new to this bike, so I have alot to learn!! Still unclear as to what the variations are for the suffix D, TDK, etc.

Thanks again

• 4 months later...
I can give you three VIN

JYA1UM00XGA000412 1986 VENTURE ROYALE (this bike is no longer) BLACK WITH GOLD

JYA1VE009GA000114 1986 VENTURE BLUE

JYA1VE006GA000331 1986 VENTURE BLUE

Thank you!

All three of your Ventures were already in my database!

Andrew Gregson (Sailur) contributed them back in June 2019.

BTW the 1986 Standard XVZ13 was only available in Canada. It was never sold in the US. The official color for the 1986 Standard XVZ13S is "Midnight Silver".

What became of the 1986 Royale?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Kevin @Prairiehammer,

I own three Yamaha Ventures to add to your list. 1. The first is an 84' Royale I bought new in May of 1985 VIN# JYA41W007EA000303. This bike is currently in the shop as there is a strange rattle in the crankcase. I can only hear it when it is tilting on its side slightly and has been doing so since I had the second gear fixed about 5 years ago, approximately 156,000 kms. 

2. The second is an 86' Royale I purchased in 2019, JYA1UM008GA000330, Approximately 110,000 kms and there were 6 previous owners who all took very good care of this bike. 

3. This is also a 84' Royale but I'm using it as a parts bike for my original. Its an interesting bike. The saddle bags, trunk and exhaust pipes are in great condition, better than my original Venture. However the performance of the engine is not good, actually in bad shape. The fellow I purchased it from said that these were all added to the bike from other Ventures over the years so I'm going to swap these out and put the OEM muffler back on and save the current Mac's for use in the future. Also, there's some other small chrome piece's I might also swap as well the radio, air controller and cruise all work as well so I'll be saving those as well. Vin # JYA41W007EA000897, approximately 150,000 kms, not licensed and 16 previous owners.

The last two bikes mentioned are in storage so I can't check the date of manufacture but can send this info to you in the spring if you would like it. I be curious to know some of the history of the last two bikes if you can provide any. Thank-you,

Mark

IMG_2798.JPG

$_59 (2).jpg

Edited by DonnyRudeDude
forgot to tag Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

Here’s my sticker to add to your database.  Very curious if it’s already been reported.  I’m in Layton Ut, bought it just under a year ago in Logan Ut.  But in the saddle bag full of extras there was a box of parts with a Layton address. I’d love to know some history of the bike.  Took me a little time and lots of info from this forum but I got everything working as it should except for maybe CB (don’t have headset) and cruise is intermittent.  At some point a Couple named Lonnie and Aileen owned it as their names were painted on the trunk.

Anyway it’s an 87 VR, color is cream and like a metallic grey with metallic orange pinstripe.  Mileage 31946.

31C0529C-E310-4D43-9684-A3B659293ACA.jpeg

Edited by Pasta Burner

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys, new to this site. I Picked up a 1983 Venture Royale in December and just getting started on it. I am more of a sport bike guy (GSXR track bike and a GSX1000 Katana for the road) but saw this and thought it was too cool. Looked comfy too!

Bike is in good shape and was well loved but unfortunately the owner got sick and it sat in the garage for probably a decade. 

Oddly enough, getting it registered in NY was a bit challenging as the bike was registered in NH for years with the wrong vin! (One digit short) 

Here is the full VIN. Bike is Gold. 39k Miles. 

PXL_20220408_180646305.jpg

• 1 year later...