IGNORED

Yooper vs Deer

eagleeye

Some of you have met Yooper and he's planning on riding with me to the International next year, but----------

on Sept 22 at 5:00pm in the UP of Michigan, he had a run in with a deer on his 89VR.

He has no idea what happened to the deer, and he has no memory of that day. The only way he knows that a deer was involved was the guy following in a car said so. We joked about if someone got to eat it.

I visited him the other day, and he is doing very good with the exception of his right foot. He must have slid down the road on the right side with the bike on top of him and ground off the top of his right foot. He has had two surgeries to add shark cartilage to get his toes looking/healing so he can have skin grafts. From his head to toe, was black and blue and tore up. Hard to look at the pictures. The plastic surgury is supposed to happen this friday.

We bummed all over on Monday and went and looked at the bike, which he hadn't seen yet, and it didn't look all that bad. The right side plastic and windshield is junk along with some other things, but he has a spare bike, same color and new plastics also, so he will get it going again over the winter.

I saw his textile jacket and half helmet and the jacket was shredded on the right shoulder/side. The helmet actually didn't look all that bad, however without it, there is no doubt he wouldn't be here today.

His right boot is shredded beyond belief!

But, a month later and he has a great attitude and physically is going very good. The foot will be a while, but he has all winter to heal. He's got lots of friends looking out for him at home too.

I didn't say anything here before, but he said that it was OK to let you all know.

WOW!

This is the first I heard of Yooper's accident. Sorry to hear about your encounter with deer.

Glad to hear the O'l bugger is doing OK though.

Get well my friend we still have plenty of laughs to catch up on.

Stay safe and I hope the surgery goes/went well.

Actually I talked with Yooper last night. He called to say that surprisingly after the skin graft surgery, he was feeling good, and all went well, so now to take it easy and heal up. It's driving him nuts to not be able to just go out and walk around, but he has to stay off of that foot for a while.