IGNORED

looking at ventures

Rick Haywood

I am starting to look for another venture so went and looked at a 07 with 43, 000 miles on it they wanted$11, 990 for it and I told them they were way high and they said if I took it todsy they would drop the ptice $650. I left. They also had a new 2012 thatthey wanted $18,, 100 for and they said that was as llw as they would go. So as you might expect I am still looking

Hey Rick,

I would give it another month or two and let the bike prices drop nicely as the weather cools down. I have done this successfully a few times. I picked up my new to me venture last fall, 03 midnight rsv 40k miles for $5k very nicely outfitted. I thought I could live with that til the next one comes up.

Bill

Rick

Over the last couple of weeks several have been posted here on Venture Rider. The one I remember most is a red and black 09 in Florida. Only 7 or 8K miles. I wish I had seen it before I purchased my new to me 2010. Do a search. Several should come up.

Mike

I shake my head at some of the prices ppl ask. Heck, I bought my '06 midnight with 1300 KMs on it in 2008 for $12,500 ... how does a person expect to get over $11k for a one year newer bike 6 years later and that many miles on it is beyond me.

I don't know..... my '09 was list $19k when the PO bought it. I paid $14k plus tax and I've added over $6k in "extras". I wouldn't let it go for a penny less than $26k....or in Canada since we no longer have pennies... not a wooden nickel less !

Keep in mind that there are a limited number of 2nd Gen Ventures out there so they became a collectors item the minute the last one came off the line. That makes them worth a lot more.

Bike is worth what the buyer will pay for it. If someone came to me with $26k it's sold. Worth that much ? No...

I don't know..... my '09 was list $19k when the PO bought it. I paid $14k plus tax and I've added over $6k in "extras". I wouldn't let it go for a penny less than $26k....or in Canada since we no longer have pennies... not a wooden nickel less !

Keep in mind that there are a limited number of 2nd Gen Ventures out there so they became a collectors item the minute the last one came off the line. That makes them worth a lot.

Hmmm, a collectors item, you say. I guess I lucked out, getting a 2013. Maybe I got the last one off the line, that should up the value considerably :fingers-crossed-emo. I paid $17,800, but if someone wants it, I will let her go for $30k. :stickinouttounge:

Dale

Hmmm, a collectors item, you say. I guess I lucked out, getting a 2013. Maybe I got the last one off the line, that should up the value considerably :fingers-crossed-emo. I paid $17,800, but if someone wants it, I will let her go for $30k. :stickinouttounge:

Dale

Now you got the idea ! We'll drive up the price of used Ventures !

Rick,

my blue/ black 07 will be on the market in a few days, soon as I get it home from international and clean and service her, she will up for sale. has a bit over 72 k miles so he is almost broke in.

Had not really set a firm price yet, so I am somewhat open to suggestions.

I am starting to look for another venture so went and looked at a 07 with 43, 000 miles on it they wanted$11, 990 for it and I told them they were way high and they said if I took it todsy they would drop the ptice $650. I left. They also had a new 2012 thatthey wanted $18,, 100 for and they said that was as llw as they would go. So as you might expect I am still looking

So, you planning on selling your MM? Just wondering.

So, you planning on selling your MM? Just wondering.

Not sure it will haveat least 150,000 miles on it if I do. I am looking for something with under 20,000 miles on it. I plan on taking it apart and adding customs paint and also make a few other changes so it will take a little time before I am ready to ride it. I thought about making my MM a solo rider by removing the trunk and back seat.

Or you could hang loose for a couple of months to see if there is any truth to the rumors that there is a all new 2015 Venture coming based off the new VMAX engine.

Keep in mind that there are a limited number of 2nd Gen Ventures out there so they became a collectors item the minute the last one came off the line. That makes them worth a lot.

Hmmm, a collectors item, you say. I guess I lucked out, getting a 2013. Maybe I got the last one off the line, that should up the value considerably . I paid $17,800, but if someone wants it, I will let her go for $30k.

Dale

So then you would be happy to pay $50k for my '88. After all it is faster and it already even has collector plates on it, and it is such a rare version that it took me years to convince most of the experts on this site that it even does exist.

Edited by Flyinfool

Not sure it will haveat least 150,000 miles on it if I do. I am looking for something with under 20,000 miles on it. I plan on taking it apart and adding customs paint and also make a few other changes so it will take a little time before I am ready to ride it. I thought about making my MM a solo rider by removing the trunk and back seat.

That one in Charleston looks pretty good but I didn't look real close. That Dark color Maroon or Black?? Color Blind I'm not sure. But pretty.

Go to Charlottesville VA Craigslist and type Venture in the Search column - you'll get quite a few to chose from. From a 2012 brand new one for $14900 to a nice 2002 Midnight with approx. 20Kmiles asking $5900. And several others.... And I'm sure you can do that in almost every city, I've checked a few places in NC and the supply is plentiful. In couple of months the supply might not be as diverse but the prices will go down... I guess at this point the Ventures and maybe Vstroms are the best bang for the buck - for $5K-$6K you can find an excellent, reliable bike that will last.

Dale

and if this keeps up imagine what the 1st Gens will be worth Dale.. We may have some folks on here sitting on MILLIONS and not even know it!! :cool10:

I posted a link to that 2003 cranberry/gold for under 3 grand in Houston. See the links to classifieds. Not the low miles that your looking for though.

Already have one with high miles, I ride about 25,000 miles a year so need something with under 20,000 miles. That is why I don't wait and buy a new one IF they come out with one. I can buy used for under $7,000 if you look and ride them 5 years and it hasn't cost me $5000 per year.