IGNORED

One more moving over to the big H

M61A1MECH

Put a deposit down on a used 2013 Goldwing today, the wife will be completing the purchase next week while I am out of town on buisness travel, hopefully it will be already to pick up and ride away when I return on Friday.

Now to find a Bushtec hitch and wiring harness for the wing and figure out what a 2007 Venture with 70K + miles is worth and find a buyer.

I wil post pics after I get her home.

Wanted a bit more comfort, power and improved handling.

Nothing wrong with my Venture , love it, but it does lack a bit from what the Wing offers in the above catagories.

I been riding Royal Star based bikes since 1998 , need a little change.

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BIKE MECH!! Gotta admit,, those wings are GORGEOUS!! PLEASE dont forget those pics,, lifes to short not to get to look at pics!

Ya know, this kinda concerns me though cause if this keeps up the only place a person is gonna get to see a RSV equipped with a cassette player is setting next to a 1st Gen on a museum floor. Terrible,, just terrible:backinmyday:

Heyyy,, wait a minute here,, I am forgetting about supply and demand and all that stuff.. Hmmmm,, maybe those ol Ventures will start appearing at my favorite clothing store,, Goodwill, with everybody jumping ship.. Than, we die hards can tell our wifes we are going to look at clothes and come home with a couple of 1st Genners and a 2nd Gen purchased at half price cause they had a green sticker on em.. :rotf::rotf:

All kidding aside,, I wish you nothing but the best with your new bike and nothing but the best in selling your Yam Mech!! Oh,, dont even think about leaving the site,, you WILL be hunted down and flogged for even thinking such a thing!

Puc

PUC,

THANKS, would never even think of leaving this group, I talk you guys more than I talk to my blood relatives, I have more in common with everyune here han I do any blood relatives, except my daughter.

This my family.

Brake Pad,

2012 and up may be the second gen of the current design, but the GL have gone thru many generational changes since they were introduced back in the mid 70's as a 4 cylinder , 1100 or 1000 cc. Lots has changed since then.

PUC,

THANKS, would never even think of leaving this group, I talk you guys more than I talk to my blood relatives, I have more in common with everyune here han I do any blood relatives, except my daughter.

This my family.

Brake Pad,

2012 and up may be the second gen of the current design, but the GL have gone thru many generational changes since they were introduced back in the mid 70's as a 4 cylinder , 1100 or 1000 cc. Lots has changed since then.

I know this I had the 1984 Aspencade. OD stopped at237,891.8 miles, that's when I te- boned the deer:bawling:

The Wing is the ultimate two-seater touring bike in my opinion. Can't blame you a bit for buying one. I looked long and hard at used wings in the 2001 up style but decided I wasn't serious enough to spend that kind of money. Besides, I love the style of the Gen 1 Ventures and Puc and many others have proven you can't wear them out!

Congratulations Steve. You'll love it. I think the RSV is still a more comfortable interstate cruiser. However, you can't beat the handling and performance of the GW. You'll love the torque of the engine. You rarely have to shift.

Dennis

Barry,

Yes same red as yours, I do not think I will have it ready for International, would need to get it set up for the trailer and all, and I am not going to get it home until probably next Friday or Saturday, due to business travel next week, not sure I want take off on a bike that I have had for less than a week on that long a trip, so one last go with the Venture then I will put her up for sale.

Here is a picture from the ad where I found it.

Barry,

Yes same red as yours, I do not think I will have it ready for International, would need to get it set up for the trailer and all, and I am not going to get it home until probably next Friday or Saturday, due to business travel next week, not sure I want take off on a bike that I have had for less than a week on that long a trip, so one last go with the Venture then I will put her up for sale.

Here is a picture from the ad where I found it.

Steve,

Your venture should have ZERO trouble selling. It has been maintained and immaculately been kept up well. Plus all the chrome and specialty lights.....

awesome GW....Excellent color, ( fastest also :whistling: ) see your point on the longer trip with newer bike..I have been slowly breaking mine in, and my first "big trip" was to Daytona, and then to your house with sunn...

I see it has the tall windshield, as did mine ( mine has another " shorter" one) and it appears as if it has the frogg togg or some type of rain seat cover. perhaps that seat is not stock. Some ultimates have the cover on them as well. Keep me posted and good luck !!:080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv: