IGNORED

Thread of an "adult" nature

JohnT

I wonder how many folks are going to be disappointed that I am referring to adult air rifles?

If anyone has been wondering or considering the purchase of a new tech high power air rifle but wondered if they were worth it, they do the job in a big way.

For giggles I picked up a ..177 Gamo Whisper Fusion Pro recently. This rifle has exceeded all expectations. It is a well made rifle and is BAD@$$ looking taboot.

THe scope is of very decent quality and once zeroed the gun is shooting very well. It was apparantly factory set for some dumb range like 100 yards. I wish I had used a battery operated screw driver to lower the elevation.

It is remarkably quiet for a 1400 FPS pellet rifle (.177 caliber PBA Platinum pellet) Enough so that it can be used in an urban setting for varmints. :whistling:

Said varmint was a mature wood chuck shot at 20 yards. (friends house) 1 shot to the neck / base of the skull. Never moved an inch, just dropped and twitched a bit. And this was with run of the mill lead pellet. It is a bit amazing to see what high end pellets cost. Up to $15 per 100.

This gun is no toy and as with any firearm all caution should be exercised regarding down range safety and such.

check your local laws, in NYC you need a firewarms license to own an air gun. You can not fire it in your back yard if you are within 500yds of a residence, buisness, pedestrian traffic, etc. Ths includes the soft air guns that shoot plastic balls at 200fps which you can buy in any Dicks sporting goods outside of NYC which are labeled must be 12yrs old to operate. Can not have a sling shot either like the type sold in some harbor freight stores. You can own a crossbow though, you just cant fire it if the locaity rules above apply.

I thin styrofoam dart guns that you can buy at toys are us are also in viloation...so don't pack one of those on your next bike road trip.

Paint ball guns, forgetabloutit

I wonder how many folks are going to be disappointed that I am referring to adult air rifles?

If anyone has been wondering or considering the purchase of a new tech high power air rifle but wondered if they were worth it, they do the job in a big way.

For giggles I picked up a ..177 Gamo Whisper Fusion Pro recently. This rifle has exceeded all expectations. It is a well made rifle and is BAD@$$ looking taboot.

THe scope is of very decent quality and once zeroed the gun is shooting very well. It was apparantly factory set for some dumb range like 100 yards. I wish I had used a battery operated screw driver to lower the elevation.

It is remarkably quiet for a 1400 FPS pellet rifle (.177 caliber PBA Platinum pellet) Enough so that it can be used in an urban setting for varmints. :whistling:

Said varmint was a mature wood chuck shot at 20 yards. (friends house) 1 shot to the neck / base of the skull. Never moved an inch, just dropped and twitched a bit. And this was with run of the mill lead pellet. It is a bit amazing to see what high end pellets cost. Up to $15 per 100.

This gun is no toy and as with any firearm all caution should be exercised regarding down range safety and such.

A small bit of history here! When Lewis and Clark explored the west with a Indian women guide ( do not think for one moment that I could spell her name, Sacajewaya ) or something like that ) the Indians thought they where GOD'S. They had a air rifle that could drop a deer with no noise, the Indians could not believe their eyes. So the word spread like wild fire all among the Indians out west. Now let's think about this, AIR RIFLE back in those days and not to mention it was a Italian made and if my memory serves me right it was a 50cal. So I guess that we really have not come all that far, Jim

check your local laws, in NYC you need a firewarms license to own an air gun. You can not fire it in your back yard if you are within 500yds of a residence, buisness, pedestrian traffic, etc. Ths includes the soft air guns that shoot plastic balls at 200fps which you can buy in any Dicks sporting goods outside of NYC which are labeled must be 12yrs old to operate. Can not have a sling shot either like the type sold in some harbor freight stores. You can own a crossbow though, you just cant fire it if the locaity rules above apply.

I thin styrofoam dart guns that you can buy at toys are us are also in viloation...so don't pack one of those on your next bike road trip.

How much does it cost to breath???? I am so blessed to have left NY when I went into the Air Force and never went back, Jim

How much does it cost to breath???? I am so blessed to have left NY when I went into the Air Force and never went back, Jim

I heard that NY calculates how many breaths per minute, subtracts .01% for pollution, adds 32.5% for heavy breathing during...well uhm..intimate sessions, multiplies at a rate of 29.75% against gross yearly income, adds a 32% penalty if you are a Conservative ( called a shut your truthful yap tax) and then adds a 22% just because we can tax on top of the 50% income tax. :shock3:

Which is why I left there when I was 6 months old... :happy65:

In my community, anything that hurls a projectile (not ones arm) is considered a firearm (slingshots, BB guns, blowguns, bow&arrow, crossbow, paintball, etc. There are also hunting regs to be considered. With crows being a nuisance, a local cop told me to use .22 'caps' in my rifle and stay out of sight and the muzzle noise would be so quiet the neighbors wouldn't hear or see me to report.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

As for Madison, Al.

City of Madison. Chapter 14. Section 14-20 Possession

"No minor under the age of 14 years shall handle or have in such person's possession or under such person's control, except while accompanied by or under the immediate charge of such person's parent or guardian, any firearm or air gun of any kind used for hunting, target practice or any other purpose."

Son in laws gotta tx200,,, WOW what a piece of equipment! Jackrabbit killin machine!

I really like my stuff to go bang and to leave the wonderful smell of burnt powder in the air BUT,, that tx is really impressive!

Any of you shooters remember the days as a kid,, never being able to shoot your 410 without pickin up the spent shell and sniffin it? Wow,, been a long time since I thought of that memorie,,, man I miss those days...

oppsssss,, highjacked another one, sorry..

Son in laws gotta tx200,,, WOW what a piece of equipment! Jackrabbit killin machine!

I really like my stuff to go bang and to leave the wonderful smell of burnt powder in the air BUT,, that tx is really impressive!

Any of you shooters remember the days as a kid,, never being able to shoot your 410 without pickin up the spent shell and sniffin it? Wow,, been a long time since I thought of that memorie,,, man I miss those days...

oppsssss,, highjacked another one, sorry..

Puc, with your flair for prose it's never a high jack. More like colorful commentary. :thumbsup2:

Fritz, as bad as NY State is getting, NYC is it's own little slice of stupidity. Were we to give NYS an enema it's a toss up. Does the tube go into NYC? Or Albany?

Tough call.

Is the plural of a dult "dults" or something else??:stirthepot:

We seem to be overrun with BTTR's and 'Chucks and I have been considering an air rifle...

I'm gonna hate myself but,,

What on earth is a BTTR? :confused07:

Tree Rat? If so, BT? (just digging myself deeper)

That whisper Fusion is really quiet. Neighbors will never know.

Puc, with your flair for prose it's never a high jack. More like colorful commentary. :thumbsup2:

Awe,,, thanks T.. noticed you are still ridin an ol 1st gen too and, judgin by your comment about my nasty highjackin habit, you siund like a really nice person like me LOL... maybe the two go hand in hand?,

I'm gonna hate myself but,,

What on earth is a BTTR? :confused07:

Tree Rat? If so, BT? (just digging myself deeper)

That whisper Fusion is really quiet. Neighbors will never know.

I believe that's "Bushy Tailed Tree Rat" Aka Black/grey squirrels!!! :backinmyday:

So which air gun is the best to get for them BTTR's!!! :think:

I believe that's "Bushy Tailed Tree Rat" Aka Black/grey squirrels!!! :backinmyday:

So which air gun is the best to get for them BTTR's!!! :think:

The one that shoots straight, knocks em down and they stay down LOL

I had a sheridan,,, blue streak I think it was called.. set a peep sites and it was a killer.

old school but it was cool.. wonder if they are still in business... that went out with my air gun collection,, kinda miss it..

Ours was purchased to remove BTTR's it seems. Of the red variety. The Boss doesn't mind greys but the reds are so destructive it isn't even funny. My normally sweet, kind, compassionate wife sees red when she even thinks red squirrels.

Squirrels don't even twitch much. They just die when the Gamo goes Poof.

Awe,,, thanks T.. noticed you are still ridin an ol 1st gen too and, judgin by your comment about my nasty highjackin habit, you siund like a really nice person like me LOL... maybe the two go hand in hand?,

Ya meet the nicest people on a 1st Gen.

As for high jacking any thread. I have always thought that a good conversation and a good road have something in common. Twists and turns. You can still get to the same destination and you may see something along the way.