IGNORED

Flags on antennas...???

Mad Dog

I'm sure it puts some stress on the antennas. I also read of a fellow Venture owner that had his mounted lower so it didnt catch so much air, problem then he discovered was it ate the paint off the trunk.

I'm sure it puts some stress on the antennas. I also read of a fellow Venture owner that had his mounted lower so it didnt catch so much air, problem then he discovered was it ate the paint off the trunk.

Wow .... thanks

That would bite!

I ran the small flags on my antennas for 5 or 6 years with no issues. Then one day while riding in the rain the flags got heavy and the radio antenna apparently had enough.... SNAP! Have used the fold down flag mounts ever since.

you need to watch the video's of a ride in MAY, i pointed the camera back to view the other riders ( but they were SLOW) but if yo watch all the videos you can see the antennas whipping up a storm in the wind and I never got over 65 on the ride, mostly 50-60mph....:backinmyday: view the 1:35 mark......

Edited by midnightrider1300

I have very small flags mounted at the very bottom of the mast to give the wind the least amount of leverage. They are about 5" long. I have only about 2,000 miles on them, but so far so good. I'm looking into regular folding flag mounts for larger American and U.S. Navy flags.[ATTACH]84899[/ATTACH]

Will it hurt anything to put flags on the RSV antennas? I'm not talking about a 3'x5' monster, but maybe one 12" long or so? or ... how big?

Thanks

NOOOOOO, don't do it. Even the smallest flag will bend your antenna back double at speed. I know I've been there

KARABOO, I have read about a fellow rider that had flags mounted where you do. Imagine his surprise when he was cleaning and he found the flags had essentially sanded his trunk paint off.

I put flags on my antennas, they made the antennas do some wild whipping back and forth. I figured it was only a matter of time before they snapped.bThen I put them on flagpoles and they worked much better. Then after about a year or so, I noticed that it appears that the flags are wearing the paint a little thin and caused dark spots where they come in contact with my trunk.

Bill