IGNORED

Seat comfort

Marcarl

Need to pick some brains. I don't find the present seat on the Spyder all that comfortable,, about the same as on the Venture, but Marca was very comfortable on the Venture and now on the Spyder she also gets numbum.

So I'm considering either a Corbin or Ultimate. The Corbin is hard and once you buy it, it's yours, where the Ultimate is softer and they give a 14 day money back guarantee.

So I'm doing some research, and polling and you guys are now a big part of that.

Any experience you can or want to share?

Need to pick some brains. I don't find the present seat on the Spyder all that comfortable,, about the same as on the Venture, but Marca was very comfortable on the Venture and now on the Spyder she also gets numbum.

So I'm considering either a Corbin or Ultimate. The Corbin is hard and once you buy it, it's yours, where the Ultimate is softer and they give a 14 day money back guarantee.

So I'm doing some research, and polling and you guys are now a big part of that.

I put an Ultimate set on my RSTD as fast as I could after I bought the bike. Went from St. John's to Montreal and back on it. Most gas stops I stayed on the bike and did the pay-at-the pump thing. It was that comfortable.

Is there a Spyder forum maybe you can poke around on and see what they suggest. I think maybe foot position may have something to do with numbness also. On my Vulcan before we spent big bucks on a seat we tried an air cushion. It wasn't the high $$ air rider or whatever, it was a seat cushion for a kayak and was about $20.

Carl talk to Diamond seats before you make your choice on what to do we put one on a goldwing we had and we loved it. They make it for your heigth weight

I swear by my Air Hawk...

Wouldn't leave home without it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G_yZLgF76c]Airhawk Motorcycle Seat available at J&P Cycles. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xjbYXwump4]AirHawk R Install on a 2009 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by CaptainJoe

Just so you all know where I've been on this quest:

I have the Air-Hawk,,, it improved things on the Venture but I still got a numbum, on the Spyder, it don't make much difference, but I now have the added issue that Marca is also not comfortable, and if you're not comfortable it takes the fun out of the ride.

I just called Diamond, and they deal with Canadians,, so far so good.

I am a member on SpyderLovers and there is a lot of info there,,, they also seem to be much like us, very helpful, but not as much BS.

I sit on a Russell Day-Long on my Venture. Best money I ever spent (it came with bike from PO -lol). Seriously. It is THE most comfy seat I've ever had, and I've tried 'em all at one tme or other.

Ride all day with ZERO discomfort. Last I knew they had an 8mo "comfort" garauntee.

(I have no affiliation with any seat manuf)

sp!ke

Edited by sp!ke
addig info

Just so you all know where I've been on this quest:

I have the Air-Hawk,,, it improved things on the Venture but I still got a numbum, on the Spyder, it don't make much difference, but I now have the added issue that Marca is also not comfortable, and if you're not comfortable it takes the fun out of the ride.

I just called Diamond, and they deal with Canadians,, so far so good.

I am a member on SpyderLovers and there is a lot of info there,,, they also seem to be much like us, very helpful, but not as much BS.

So...what was the solution you came up with on the Venture?

Rick Butller is on holidays, so that's out for now.

Day-long will take me out of riding for at least 4 weeks,, bad time of year for that.

Corbin has not had good reviews all around,,, some have been positive, but not as positive as Ultimate.

Price is the best on Ultimate.

Somebody said they exchanged the Corbin for an Ultimate and now are happy.

Looks like I got lots to chew on, and sounds like Ultimate might win out.

What I did on the Venture was to dig 2 holes under my butt bones, which is where my problems were originating. That helped a lot when riding solo, but with Marca on the back I would sit straighter up and so the holes didn't help much.

Now on the Spyder the butt bones don't seem to be an issue, I just get numb and burning across my whole butt. I also feel like I'm being pushed forward some,,, so lots of fun,,,, but I tell you though, the way to forget about all that is to hit the throttle @ 4000rpms,,,, whoa baby, sit down, shut-up and hang on!!!!

IMHO,

Corbins and Mustang seas are to hard and will make your tail bones sore if your going to tour cross country. +500 miles per day

Just about any seat will allow you to do 300 mile trips...

It's the cumulative miles that get to you.

Of course this is coming from one that rode 2500 miles to Oregon on a 650 vstar with mustang seat... for the trip back i had a air hawk...

Now...

I'm spoiled, with my stock 2007 RSV seat, haven't had the need to use the air hawk or sheepskin cover... `

Sounds to me like your scrunched up , like on a snowmobile?

Hope you figure it out...

Some pretty good ideas. I Also would reach I out to Rick butler first. However he is prepping to embark on a summer vacation with the wife. Russell day long seats, as previously mentioned has never had anyone unhappy, except initially on cost. ultimate seat was what I saw on a few spiders Memorial Day weekend in Daytona when I was hitting some stores.

Marcarl,

I too am a huge Ultimate fan! I replaced the stock seats on my RSTD 5 years ago with Ultimates and they are still performing awesome for my wife and I. We can ride for miles and hours on end, and not get numb butt like we used to. Most of the time when we stop to get gas, I never get off the bike. When I was researching seats back in 09, there was really nobody here on the forum that had heard of Ultimate, so I actually went to their showroom in Daytona, Fla. and physically looked at the seats. I ran into a guy on a Valkari that had one on his bike and he insisted I should get an Ultimate, so after seeing them in Daytona, I took the chance on them, and the experience has been awesome. I may be wrong, but I think they're a Canadian based company.

Rick Butller is on holidays, so that's out for now.

Day-long will take me out of riding for at least 4 weeks,, bad time of year for that.

I had the same problem, wanting to upgrade seat during riding season and not wanting to give up bike while waiting on seat. Also had long trip planned and knew I needed upgrade before I left. My solution was to buy used seat to use while mine was being fixed at Day-Long. I don't know what the differences are w the spider seats, but looks like used ones on fleabag for around $100. My suggestion would be buy a used one, then sell it when you get yours back.