IGNORED

Prototype Honda CB750 - possibly last one in existence

XV1100SE

I had a 76 750 with full fairing saddlebags and trunk rode that bike for a good ten years just did the oil and gas that was it bought it of my brother in 90

My brother had one the exact same color.He still had it when he passed away. My mom was allways sooo owrried he was going to hurt or killed on it. Turns out he hit the back end of an illegaly parked steel truck in Detriot on the corner he was a school patrol on.

Those bikes were the king for a long long time and still do well in my book. Low maintenance. Easy to adjust the valves (unlike some certian Yanmaha models).

Saw one at a motorcycle salvage dealer, here in seattle last year, pretty rusty, and

ratty. But it was running, and it was all there. !!

Thinking back at about $1500 to buy it, and maby 10K To restore it???

I have to wonder as to the Sanity of the guy bidding 130K for this one.

There is a guy in my area, who has one, and still rides it regularly. I see him now and then around here on the road.

Guest tx2sturgis

I bet I could find a nice little airplane for that kinda cash....

I aint buyin no stinkin Honda 750 for 132 large, in this, or any other life.

Jeeze.

:puzzled:

LOL windjammer fairings. Man they were the bomb. Back in them days nobody made a "touring" bike with a fairing except HD and I think BMW. Everything else was piece it together. But they were a nice faring. I had 2 on different bikes and a Pacifica on a GS1000 and a Custom Dresseres on the same GS. I really liked the frame mounted ones.

I thinks it is very very cool. Anything that rare is going to fetch a high price.

The very first bike I was on was one of these. It was a brand new bright Orange and Black Honda CB750, either a 1970 or '71. I was 5.

That thing was a rocket ship as far as I was concerned.

That single moment is what got me hooked on motorcycling.

I had a blue 1975 model. It was fully dressed with a Vetter fairing, saddle bags and rear trunk. It also had a custom king/queen seat. The oil galley to the cam plugged up and fried the cam and cam cradles. I parted it out on ebay for more than I had in it.