IGNORED

New Valkyrie

etcswjoe

Thanks for the link Joe, while I really like the looks of the F6, for some reason this new Valk doesnt seem to have the same appeal to me, different strokes for different folks I guess.. BUT,, gotta admit, I really admire those folks at Honda for testing different markets and offering such a neat variety of way cool bikes :cool10:

Puc

A part of me is saying "Good job designing something different in the big cruiser market." but does this mean the end of the classic cruiser as we know it? Don't get me wrong - I believe Ultra Classic need some facelift (despite the name!) to evolve and stay current. I'm just worried all new big cruisers and touring bikes will looks like they just came out of the Jetsons.

Obviously, mixed feelings with the design. I'm sure the specs are impressive, though... Just hoping that (one day!) when they come out with the 3rd gen Ventures, they'll keep some of the classic look with updated specs... We'll see...

Given the bike is lighter than a 1st gen and has a lower center of gravity, along with a lower seat, it will probably be easier to handle and ride, especially for those of us that are inseam challenged.

But, to me, I am not real crazy with the styling. It looks too much like a stripped Goldwing with some cheap looking panels to cover some of it. Maybe in real life, it will look better, or with at least a different color.

Again, as noted, you have to give it to Honda for trying.

RandyA

WARNING

I had a bogus virus alert when viewing this web page that wanted me to download a program to 'clean up' my system

I looked at the link this morning,,,, just fine.

Looked again this evening and I got the same warning!

This one took over, could not close OE, even from Task Mgr. I had to do a black button restart (power button 5 seconds) to get out of it. With that I threw everything I had at start up. No virus found but suggest you do not click OK on that box.

Anyhow,,, Valkyrie,,, more like the Rune. Not as appetizing as the old one.

But, as I noted the other day,,, fell in love with the 2014 black/chrome Goldwing at the Atlanta IMS Saturday. Maybe when I retire in 2 years?

And now,,, not even saying "if Yamaha don't do something".

Yamaha is really screwing the pooch.

Mike G.

Edited by Mike G in SC

LilBeaver----:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I too got the virus thing the other day. Just shut down IE and restarted it. Was OK.

I think if that was the type of bike I was looking at I would go the F6b route. But you have to give them credit for atleast trying. Figure they really dont have anything invested in it. What I mean is its an existing platform (goldwing) and all they are doing is changing plastic stuff around. They can make a couple hundred or so and see how they sell, if good you put more together, if not you make um F6b or whatever.

I would love to get my hands on a Valkyrie, the old one. The one that looks like a motorcycle.

George Jetson would not be caught dead on that, it's hideous. Mr. Spacely's wife maybe.

:doh: I mean her on the bike, not George on,,never mind. :innocent: