IGNORED

will there ever be a 3rd generation Venture?

Who Dey

As most of you know my Venture got totalled by an idiot that rear ended me and i went and bought a new Harley Street Glide. The Street Glide is a nice bike and all but it is not the bike that my Venture was and i really miss it and am thinking i made a mistake by getting the HD. If Yamaha made a 3rd gen Venture i would trade my new Harley in for one tomorrow. Has anyone heard anything at all what Yamaha plans to do with the Venture? I wish they would be more up front with their customers and not keep us in the dark.

I've recently heard thru a local warranty rep who happens to be a friend of a friend that he heard talk of an all-new, completely re-designed Yamaha touring model which will be released for the 2015 model year. Word is that the engine will be a de-tuned version of the current V-max yet it will still look similar to the current Venture engine (simulated air cooled fins). This all new version will come with a total re-design of the body work and will be a close "look-a-like" to the current Victory Vision; however, it will have considerably more cargo space than the Vision. The electronics will be similar to what is now on the 2014 Harley Ultra (speech recognition, etc). There's more but I've forgotten the details.

The magazines may get a sneak look, but based upon past experience with Yamaha, NO ONE will know anything until the dealer show...hopefully next Aug. And my money is on a new updated fuel injected V-4, with maybe a Road Glide fairing?

As most of you know my Venture got totalled by an idiot that rear ended me and i went and bought a new Harley Street Glide. The Street Glide is a nice bike and all but it is not the bike that my Venture was and i really miss it and am thinking i made a mistake by getting the HD. If Yamaha made a 3rd gen Venture i would trade my new Harley in for one tomorrow. Has anyone heard anything at all what Yamaha plans to do with the Venture? I wish they would be more up front with their customers and not keep us in the dark.

Under the current economic " mess " lots of " TOY'S " are comeing up for sale.

Why not just look for a good deal on a 2 to 4 year old Venture, with Under 10,000

miles on it. ( Its still as good as new !! )

And most likley, it allready has Dunlop tires installed, and Barnett Clutch, and various other aftermarket goodies, ( and maby even a " Russell Day Long " seat ) for half the price of any New Bike

( thats my story, and I'm sticking to it )

Oh, if-- your bent on spending another 20K, or so, check out the New " Indian "

(( after you sell the Harley, of course ))

I've recently heard thru a local warranty rep who happens to be a friend of a friend that he heard talk of an all-new, completely re-designed Yamaha touring model which will be released for the 2015 model year. Word is that the engine will be a de-tuned version of the current V-max yet it will still look similar to the current Venture engine (simulated air cooled fins). This all new version will come with a total re-design of the body work and will be a close "look-a-like" to the current Victory Vision; however, it will have considerably more cargo space than the Vision. The electronics will be similar to what is now on the 2014 Harley Ultra (speech recognition, etc). There's more but I've forgotten the details.

They'd better hurry up. I don't have that many 2 wheel miles left in me. I'd hate to be smitten and then let it sit....

The new Indians Sat at the Arlene Ness dealership. 15 of them every model with extras. The hard part about gettin old is new things. Not sure in the long run if after 1000 miles in 24 hours the seat will be comfortable After 114000 miles mine still is! No radio no cassette how many perks can they leave off and think we wont miss? The rumble is nice but I get that with the muffler off on my car. Do have to say the look is pure nostalgia. Would be a shoo in as a Sunday bike next to my 05 Midnight:detective:

Edited by EasyRider
oops

When the switched from the 1st to the 2nd gen it was a 6 year wait. So I doubt we'd see a new one next year.

Margaret

If we have to wait another 5-6 years for the new model, I am pretty sure I would not be interested. Not only because I am going to be 6 years older, and the cost of a new bike, but figure by that time the other manufacturers will be ahead of the yamaha curve as well. I can't say 100%, because stranger things have happened.

This discussion again huh? All I can say is "IF" they did make it look like a Victory Vision, then they ruined it. I rode the Indian a few weeks ago. No trunk, pegs for the passenger, no heel shifter and pretty warm in the crotch area. If you plan on having any kids, your not going to like the heat warming up the goods on a hot day. Crappy color choice. It IS a nice riding bike (Indian), but not 27k nice. I would do an Ultra Classic before the Indian.

Saw a "brand new" Indian in Maggie Valley last Thur. If they are 27K no way I would pay that for a 1950's looking bike with nuttin on it. Just me. It looked OK but aint may bag. I guess I'm spoiled with a comfy seat, room for the wife and cruise.

Victory needs to start naming thier other bikes like Custer, Buffalo Bill and (lone) Ranger. lol With this whole NFL cant call the Washington football team the "redskins" thing some Pc jack a$$ is probably lurking thier HQ and gonna tell them they cant name them Indian anymore.

This discussion again huh? All I can say is "IF" they did make it look like a Victory Vision, then they ruined it. I rode the Indian a few weeks ago. No trunk, pegs for the passenger, no heel shifter and pretty warm in the crotch area. If you plan on having any kids, your not going to like the heat warming up the goods on a hot day. Crappy color choice. It IS a nice riding bike (Indian), but not 27k nice. I would do an Ultra Classic before the Indian.

$22,990 for the Chieftain, but I will opt for a solo Chief. Options of course cost more. Sylvester will still be my tour machine.

:farmer: