IGNORED

Bunburner 1500 Completed

Freebird

Well you will remember that I did the Saddlesore 1000 about 3 weeks ago down to Florida. Well this weekend, Rickardracing and I successfully completed the Bunburner 1500. Rick actually did a couple hundred miles more because he left Michigan about 3:00 Saturday morning and met me at my house around 6:15.

So, we left my house around 6:30 Saturday morning and took 480 across to 77. We then took 77 all the way through OH, WV, VA, NC and SC. Out of Charleston, SC, we picked up I20W over to Atlanta. Got through Atlanta last night and then stopped at a hotel in Smyrna, GA. We got to the hotel around 10:30 pm and I got in bed about 11:00. Got up at 2:00 and were on the road by 3:00 and headed on home. Took 75 all the way to the 75/71 split in Cincinnati when Rick stayed on 75 toward Michigan and I took 71 through Columbus and then home.

Total mileage for me was about 1560. Got home around 3:00 pm after stopping for a Sandwich in Mansfield.

Bunburner 1500 means 1500 miles within 36 hours so it was a success. :thumbsup2:

So I've now got just barely under 6,000 miles on the Road Glide since buying it about 7 weeks ago I think it was. Not too bad.

You were withing shouting distance and didn't call............................:crying::crying:

Well you will remember that I did the Saddlesore 1000 about 3 weeks ago down to Florida. Well this weekend, Rickardracing and I successfully completed the Bunburner 1500. Rick actually did a couple hundred miles more because he left Michigan about 3:00 Saturday morning and met me at my house around 6:15.

So, we left my house around 6:30 Saturday morning and took 480 across to 77. We then took 77 all the way through OH, WV, VA, NC and SC. Out of Charleston, SC, we picked up I20W over to Atlanta. Got through Atlanta last night and then stopped at a hotel in Smyrna, GA. We got to the hotel around 10:30 pm and I got in bed about 11:00. Got up at 2:00 and were on the road by 3:00 and headed on home. Took 75 all the way to the 75/71 split in Cincinnati when Rick stayed on 75 toward Michigan and I took 71 through Columbus and then home.

Total mileage for me was about 1560. Got home around 3:00 pm after stopping for a Sandwich in Mansfield.

Bunburner 1500 means 1500 miles within 36 hours so it was a success. :thumbsup2:

So I've now got just barely under 6,000 miles on the Road Glide since buying it about 7 weeks ago I think it was. Not too bad.

You are certainly a real rider in my book! In my 45 years of riding I never even heard of an HD guy doing that kind of mileage unless he was an Iron Butt type of guy. Oh! You are! I think you can stack the two and make it a mile eater award too, but ya have to read up on that, you'll one up me.

I think you could have got more sleep, I would have slept in the TV room of a truck stop for that long, and got a shower there too. That's not much sleep.

Congratulations that's a feat so close together and on a Harley! Had to get that josh in there. 6k in less than two months is fantastic.

The weather was nice. I did freeze my butt off on the way to Don's Saturday morning. I got home at 2:45, but I ended the ride just south of Ann Arbor. I have not checked the mileage, but I think mine is right around the 1750 mark. I was good riding with you Don. Maybe next year coast to coast.........................

Randy

Guest tx2sturgis

I just noticed my VR membership is due in October so it looks like I will get to make a payment on the new Harley. I havent made payments on a Harley in 15 years.

This will be new!

:moon:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Hell, I even live in Smyrna! :stickpoke:

Do not take offense that we never called. By the time we rolled into Smyrna it was after 10pm. I had been on the bike since 3am and Don had been on his since 6:30. At that time of night all we wanted was a few hours of sleep. When trying to do a timed/distance event, there is no time for socializing. We got our rooms and in bed by 11pm and up and on the road 4 hours later at 3am.

6000 miles, isn't it about time to trade in a Harley at 6000 miles? Don't they start breaking down about then? :whistling:

I've been assured that it will go 10,000 miles. I'm barely over halfway there. :)

Excellent! :thumbsup2:

Was the weather better this time around?

Weather was fantastic. A bit cold in the early hours but we never saw a drop of rain.

He rides a Harley now!! He don't stop to visit no Yamaha riders any more you know!!!:whistling:

:mytruck1:

HEY....I ROAD with a VentureRider on a RSV and I wore a VentureRider T-Shirt on Sunday. So THERE. :rasberry:

Congratulations. I guess the 4 corners are next??

You are exactly right. Probably won't be this year but I need to color in some states out that way.

So what is your opinion on the scoot so far???

I like it a lot. There are a couple of things that I still need to correct. Handlebars still aren't right. Need a different windshield, more buffeting than the RSV. Gas mileage is good and ride is comfortable though. Love the low end torque/low RPM. That's probably the biggest thing.

Naaaa, we dont count anymore.....

Hey...you go to your corner. See my response above about riding with a RSV on this trip, wearing my VR shirt and I'm flying a VR flag. So I'll just give you a :rasberry: also. :)

I just noticed my VR membership is due in October so it looks like I will get to make a payment on the new Harley. I havent made payments on a Harley in 15 years.

This will be new!

:moon:

Could you add a bit to that. Don't think it's going to reach. Here's one for you also. :rasberry:

Well you make my Canada accomplishment seem minor. We left Bowmanville Ont Mon the 2nd @ 70 am and made Bluefiled WV @ 6:30. Not a huge accomplishment but something like 645 miles. Next day I left Bluefiled WV @ 7am and was home in Sebring Fl by 7:30 pm 775 miles. That I 26 from Columbia SC to I 95 is tough if you get a couple trucks playing tag up and down the hills. Jacksonville had construction sloed to about 15 mph. :eek: imagine my suprise (not) and as luck would have it I hit Orlando @ 5:30. So all in all not bad time at all.