IGNORED

New fun wheels

Carbon_One

After B2Dad /B2Mom posted about wanting a 2 seat sports car Joyce and I debated on whether to get her one of the Thoroughbred Motorsports Stallion trikes or a 2 seat sports car. Not being able to see a Stallion up close enough and test drive one to see if fitment was good for her we started looking at cars.

The end result was getting the following Mazda Miata MX-5. It's a 2011 retractable hard top model. Some folks here may remember Joyce having a red 07 Mustang for a few years a couple years back. She drove it to the Arkansas VR International and to on of Don's MD weekends. Jaybird did some pin stripping on it for us then.

Other folks may remember DenDen and Vicki buying one of these cars after giving up the bikes. Seeing his current 02 Miata car helped in the decision making too.

Don't worry none as I have no intentions of giving up my trike anytime soon. :cool10:

Pics of the his and her rides as follows

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

You are having way to much fun Larry. Tell Joyce I said hi and to take it easy with that sports car.:)

Well, counting the past accidents we 're going to need to evaluate which one of the two will need to take it easy...

:no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no:

Hey I know the trike has the hitch, but what about the miata???

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

If she likes the power of a V8.... you CAN put a V8 into the Miata.

monstermiata.webs.com (not sure if this link works since it is blocked at work)

http://www.bossfrog.biz/Miata_V8_Swap.html

http://drivingenthusiast.net/sec-mazda/v-8-miata-swaps/index.htm

Hey,

Don't give Larry ideas...

I can see Joyce trying to overpass the trike on the highway...

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

No need for more power. That 4 banger is rated for about 130-140 mph. No way the trike can keep up.

Larry

Hey Larry on a good straight road the Miata will do 132mph don't ask how I know :doh:had a stupid spell that day won't do that again:no-no-no: !

Edited by buddy

I got a friend that buys them in FL. over the winter and brings them back to MA. for resale. Got to drive one back to MA. a couple of times, once I got in it, it wasn't a bad little ride. Always liked the model you got, it was the nicest one to me.

Hope you enjoy it. Is Joyce going to let you drive it? LOL!

If I'm a good boy I might get lucky. :innocent: Initially we were just going to test drive and shop around but another couple came up while we were talking deals with the salesman wanting it. We had dibs since we got there first. This car was the only one in red with an auto trans within 100 miles of us so if we wanted it we pretty much needed to seal the deal. Joyce preferred red so the rest was history.:whistling:

Comparing it to the 07 Mustang we had it runs as good but has less room being that it seats only 2. That was fine with us too.

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

It looks like the copper metallic to me in pics, not red. The copper one is the one I like. I'd have to have the manual. Good choice, Nice car. I drive a 97 Miata, last year of the NA model with the pop up headlights. I have had it for over 5 years now, best car I have ever owned, most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on. Best website for miata info is www.miata.net wealth of information. You have a third generation NC model if your wondering which forums to peruse. Enjoy It!

That's a nice car Larry, and the trike looks good too. The wife and I had a '00 Sebring convertible up til our backs gave out 4 yrs ago and made it too hard to get in/out of anything that low, I REALLY liked that car. I found an '02 Sebring the other day and am planning on going to look at it tomorrow. After the surgeries we both think we'll be good to go again. A dumb question, you still liking the trike??