IGNORED

New toy ordered

Eddie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBq62lRegOA&feature=player_embedded]CNBC Interview "Street Signs" 1/10/13 - YouTube[/ame]

I ordered one of these cars, my wife says she will drive it all over place. Wont get it till next Summer. 84 mpg on the eway. Her company is making parts for it. Looks like a spider with a top.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-usBDlyufs&feature=player_detailpage]Here is another 3 wheel car that is in development. [/ame] This vehicle is expected to get 92 miles per gallon and is very sporty looking but will probably cost more than the Elio.

I have been watching these for bout a year now, but I will not put my money down before actual production begins. This looks cool but there have been many advanced technical products announce without enough funds to come to production, some are well meant others are a complete scam. Some use the down payments from investors for development capital. I remember the BD5 homebuilt from Jim Beede, looked like a perfect kit plane fast easy to build etc. unfortunately only few were actually produced. This is the cute little jet Roger Moore was flying in in one of the James Bond Movies. The kits never materialized.

So once it is in a showroom where I can walk in with a handful of cash I am always a little suspicious

Al

They look like one-seaters. They look cooler than a Smart car, but those can at least fit 2 people in. I know there are a lot of commuters that ride by themselves, but in practical, real world conditions, you need another vehicle if more than one person is going. That is why 2-seaters lose out to more practical family sedans, minivans, and SUVs, and these will be relegated to those who can afford to have "toys" along with practical vehicles.

That said, I'd take one, in that color green. Do they make a convertible?

-Andrew

They look like one-seaters. They look cooler than a Smart car, but those can at least fit 2 people in. I know there are a lot of commuters that ride by themselves, but in practical, real world conditions, you need another vehicle if more than one person is going. That is why 2-seaters lose out to more practical family sedans, minivans, and SUVs, and these will be relegated to those who can afford to have "toys" along with practical vehicles.

That said, I'd take one, in that color green. Do they make a convertible?

-Andrew

These are 2-seaters. Passenger sits behind the driver.

Guest tx2sturgis

I have a friend in NM who put down a deposit for the Elio months ago.

One of the reasons for the cheaper price is that federally, and in most states, these are classified as motorcycles, so they dont have to meet all the stringent safety requirements that cars do.

Of course the flip side, is that in a lot of states, you will need a m/c license and a helmet to drive one.

I hope they get it on the roads, and get the DOT and the states up to speed with this.

It's a CAR. Not a motorcycle. It should be interesting to see what happens.

:happy34: