IGNORED

36 years together but Mom need prayers

brscooter

On the 19th (last night) my wife and I celebrated our 36th anniversery. We were young on our wedding date, I was 18 she was 17.

We spent the night taking care of my mother (80 y/o), who just got out of the hospital after 12 days. She spent half here and half in New Orleans. I spent half the time staying overnight with her and others stayed the other time. Now I am sick. This is the first time I have been on the computer in 2 weeks. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She survived colon cancer in October 2003. She had about 20 inches of her large intesttines removed. She has gone through a lot since Feb. 1, 2002. My father died of cancer, her brother died of cancer 13 days later, my 2 older brother died and she had colon cancer. Now this.

She is scheduled for a 6 hour operation on March 12th to remove part of her pancreas, part of her small intestines, part of her stomach, part of her douedum (not sure of spelling), and the mass that is wrapped around them and blocking the bile duct. This procedure is called the Whipple, ask a doctor. A guy at Ochsner Hospital is doing it as he is one of 2 gurus there that do it. Not a whole lot anywhere that do it. All of this depends on if it has spread to the blood vessels or other organs. If it has they will just close her up. Give up a minute to pray for her if you will, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks lyle

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. Definitely in our prayers. Oh and congratulations on the 36 yrs. Guess it's kinda hard to celebrate during this time. I also hope she doesn't have to suffer too much pain. Hard enough having a loved one ill, but knowing they hurt it's hard.

Margaret

Charlene and I are saddened to hear about your mother, our prayers for her are going up, hope all goes well, the Dr.'s at Oschener are top notch..........Our prayers are with them also, may the Lord guide their hands to a successful surgery............

Anything we can do, just ask...........

Lewis & Charlene