IGNORED

We have Quintuplet Babies!

Squidley

No, not Lonna

:hihi:

I have been absent on the site due to an unexpected arrival at our home, quintuplet puppies. No, we dont have a female that gave birth, it's actually a bit sad to be honest with y'all. Friday night Lonna and I went to dinner in Conroe, which is about 15 miles from where we live here in Cleveland. Left about 7 for supper, and an hour and a half later we were heading home. Got 2 driveways from our house and Lonna told me she saw a cage with something in it, I totally jonesed it and drove right past it.

We turned around to come up on 1 puppy, standing his ground at the last thing of normalcy in his life at that second. Now I can tell you that we took the same way home as we did going to supper and that cage wasn't there at 7pm. So some nimrod pulled off the side of the road and dumped this cage off and drove off. Now what Lonna didn't see when we turned around was the other critter cross the road, but I did. As she was trying to coax this 1st little one to her I went across the street to see what it was that crossed in front of me. Lo and behold, here is another little pup, then in the glow of my flashlight, 3 more sets of eyes are staring at me :yikes:

5 puppies, about 12 weeks old that some &%$#@! dumped to fend for themselves....I wasn't happy. We ended up coaxing 3 of them to us and took them to the house with the ramshackle cage. I went back to try and get the other 2 as they weren't having anything to do with me when we got the other 3. I was there for 45 additional minutes trying to get them to come to me (took about 30 minutes to get the 1st 3) and I finally had to say good luck to them and I went home.

Saturday morning rolls around, I have to go get puppy food, collars, treats and all the other things that puppies need, but 1st I had to see if I could get the other 2. So back down to the spot and sure enough they had hunkered down for the night right there. I coaxed the 4th one out with some treats and took him back home to Lonna with the other 3. Back down again for #5 and that one was the hardest one, took me another 30 minutes to finally get him. He even decided to take a taste of my finger due to being extremely freaked out at how I had to grab him fast.

So now we have 5 puppies, no food, and they are all in this pos cage in my garage. Off to Walmart to get food and such, call Heather (our vet tech daughter) and fill her in. She tells Dad, get this and this and this, but not that, oh and this...an hour or so later I get back home. OK, now what? time to build a kennel to keep them in so we can somewhat regulate them. The rest of Saturday is spent building a kennel on an 8X8 concrete slab we have by the garage. The dogs sleep in the old cage, in the new kennel that night. Sunday morning, feeding time! get that hurtle performed, peed and pooped and back in the kennel.

Can't have them in the piece of crap cage they were thrown away in. Lets go to breakfast, and then Home Depot and pick up building materials to make the tashma hall of dog houses. So Heather and Rob came back out again Sunday (Rob helped me build the kennel on Saturday) and off to the races we go with making a dog house for them all. 4 hours later, there is a humongus palace for the pups to reside in.

So now all this week we have been taking care of all the pups, have them up on CL looking to find them good homes for a small re homing fee (recoup the $800 I have invested in them thus far) I'm not a preacher, but the hand of God works in mysterious ways. I felt the nudge as I know he wanted us to take care of his babies here, so thats our mission right now, to find the 4 of them good homes, yeah, I said 4, we are keeping one :)

I know your saying Brad, what the hell kind of dogs are they, and I'm gonna tell y'all here, but I couldn't resist keeping you wondering. They are a Rottweiler Black Lab mix, and they are beautiful. 2 of them are a complete Lab looking pup, 3 of the are Rottie. we are keeping the alpha female, she is the biggest of the pups and is as clumsy as they come. Now I have to tell y'all, and your probably going to laugh at us, but we named them in the only way I knew how to....by the color of their collars for the most part. you see I could only get 4 different color collars, and there's 5 pups. The pup we are keeping is Pink, then there is Red, Blue, Blackie, and the last one also has a black collar, but is a beautiful brown color...so he's Brownie. I told you that you were gonna laugh. We will take care of these pups until we can procure good homes for them. Pinkey, yeah thats what we call her, will stay with us, and I am very excited to have another dog after 17 years without one.

So thats the story, sorry it was a novel, we have pics but they are on our phones and I haven't had the chance to try and get them on the computer. As soon as I can get them transferred or take some pics with the digital I will show you our "Family"

Edited by Squidley

We wound up with two of our dogs from people dumping them out here. The last one looks like she full black lab. Jackie was driving home late one night from work and almost ran over the pup on a stormy night. About 8 weeks old when we got her. She's almost 3 now. Come to think of it I guess she is mixed with something because she can be real mean when she wants to be. But she looks all Lab for sure. Brad, You'll probably wind up with more than one..... :whistling::mo money::rotf:

Good work Brad and Lonna. I tell ya, you're gonna enjoy that little pup when she grows up. We've got the same mixed-breed dog from Rosie's sister, she's 7, about 65+ lbs and is a VERY good yard watcher! She is stout, very muscular and loves to play hard! If she wants your attention, she'll just come up and bump you and if you're not ready,,,,darn near knock you over!

Glad you guys finally got another dog, they're a joy to have around!

I grew up in a small rural town. For some reason folks always figured that country folks could always use another dog, cat, whatever but never had the intestinal fortitude to actually knock on a door while leaving the present. Usually the outcome was not pleasant. Good on you for doing the right thing and I hope karma is doing the right thing for the low life moron who dumped them.

Hello Brad: Kudos to your family for caring for the puppies. Our 7 year old Grandson wants a puppy. So I purchased him an air line ticket he is scheduled to arrive at your house this evening.:rotf:

No problem Mark, we'll feed him with lots of sugar and let him pick the one he wants, maybe 2 of them! and send him back to y'all

:)

Thanks folks for the kind words, like I mentioned when the spirit gives you that calling, you tend to listen to it. I wont lie they are a LOT of work, but a labor of love because they are worth having a good life. I'll get some pics up shortly so y'all can see our "Babies"

so how are you going to get her on the bike?

A trailer perhaps?

It's a lot easier with our Pom crosses.

We put one in each saddle bag and the "baby" goes on a papoose type carrier on my wife's chest.

Somehow I don't think a lab-roti cross will fit in a saddle bag!!!!:doh:

Hello Brad: I quess purchasing windshield decals and providing you with my return address was not too smart afterall.:rotf:

Thats a fact Mark, I'll make sure I send him back on the plane with PLENTY of M&M's

:hihi:

Here are some pics of the pups I just took...

They did good. The pups are adjusting very well and getting potty trained. I gave them they're shots Saturday and they are ready for they're new home. They have been to hell now they are learning what heven is like. They have people that love them and care about them. Now to find they're FOREVER HOMES!! And dad can tell me all he wants its my fault but I know better he is just a big softy!!

This story just confirms my originals impression of you. A big Teddy Bear.

One more observations. How come that puppy mansion isn't insulated and wired for heat and light? :rotfl: :rotfl:

As for your choice of names. When you said naming them was really easy, the first thing that came to mind was that you named them Freebird, et al...

Yah done good my friend...

I would also take one if you were closer. Those are some nice looking pups. We have a 12 year old lab mix now and figure it is about time to start looking for a new pup now while ours is still in good shape. Maybe our current girl could teach the new pup some good manners while she can. Just not sure I would have time for a 6 1/2 hour ride each way anytime soon.