IGNORED

gun question

Sailor

Some of the early ones had minor issues like rough trigger pull. What I've seen of the newer models they got that worked out and the overall quality is not all the bad. Owners I've met have no complaints on reliablity, and that is all that matters in my book. But it's a revolver. What's to jam?

I think you would be happy with it.

The thing is can you find .357 or even .38 ammo in your area? Been real hard to find around here.

Some of the early ones had minor issues like rough trigger pull. What I've seen of the newer models they got that worked out and the overall quality is not all the bad. Owners I've met have no complaints on reliablity, and that is all that matters in my book. But it's a revolver. What's to jam?

I think you would be happy with it.

The thing is can you find .357 or even .38 ammo in your area? Been real hard to find around here.

.357 or .38, like most real popular cartridges are REAL hard to buy anywhere.

Had a Tarus 604 or 602 which was single action in .44 Special. This gun was a real tack driver, but ended up trading on a S/W 44 Mag. The Smith was nice but didn't group any better than the Tarus. I still shot mainly specials in the Smith anyway.

.357 or .38, like most real popular cartridges are REAL hard to buy anywhere.

LOL! You said it. And what GS's are asking for 22LR is insane, if they have any.

Home defense:

12ga w/00 buck

.45 w/Hollow points

Slingshot and a box of rocks for when I run out of shells.

Hope I got enough rocks.

LOL! You said it. And what GS's are asking for 22LR is insane, if they have any.

Home defense:

12ga w/00 buck

.45 w/Hollow points

Slingshot and a box of rocks for when I run out of shells.

Hope I got enough rocks.

There are many people thinking along the same lines as you, seems rocks are getting scarce now with all the hoarding going on. :mo money:

I believe that the .357 M and .38 Spcl. are perfect all around calibers. They are wildly popular therefore increasing the ammo price. I have my service revolver from the late 60'S which is a Colt Diamondback .38 Spcl. with 4" barrel. And I have two Model 19 S&W, in .357 M, one with 6" barrel and the other in 2.5.

That being said, I have shot Taurus revolvers in the past and loved the actions. Go for it and enjoy.

:farmer:

I believe that the .357 M and .38 Spcl. are perfect all around calibers. They are wildly popular therefore increasing the ammo price. I have my service revolver from the late 60'S which is a Colt Diamondback .38 Spcl. with 4" barrel. And I have two Model 19 S&W, in .357 M, one with 6" barrel and the other in 2.5.

That being said, I have shot Taurus revolvers in the past and loved the actions. Go for it and enjoy.

:farmer:

I kinda glad that every time I bought a firearm I bought a couple of boxes of ammo for it. Somtimes even more than I was looking for at the time because they were on sale... I did give a box of 00Buck to my brother up in Montana... DANG!!!! I guess rifled slugs will have to do.... :whistling:

Neighbor has at least one Taurus, he likes it. He said that sometimes they get a bit of a bad rap. But he kind of relates some of it to guys being gun snobs. Price on them is usually reasonable. He wouldnt be afraid to get another, and I'm pretty sure he has more than one.

I recently bought a CZ P-07 Duty in 9mm. Absolutely love it, but when you read about it online for reviews, you always read "should've bought a Glock". CZ works flawlessly, and I'm glad I got it. I dont need a Glock, but there is always the snobs putting it down. I think the Taurus can be thought of the same way.

A guy was showing me a 44-40 from the early 1900's. A real cannon and I doubt I would ever get any ammo for it. We don't seem to be having as many problems with ammo as you guys.

Thanks for all the input.

I bought a Glock 27 last weekend. It is a .40 subcompact. Haven't even shout it yet. It came with three magazines and the guy left one of them full but that was all the ammo I had. Stopped at a couple of stores and they had nothing. Drove to Buffalo on Monday and stopped by a shop here and they had a shelf full of any ammo you could be looking for. I was really surprised. Bought a box of practice ammo and a box of defense ammo and both were priced at normal prices. was very surprised that they had a great selection of most all calibers from what I could tell.

The Glock is nice and I've owned other Glocks but I really have my heart set on a Kimber. Just don't want to part with that much money.

Edited by Freebird

I wasnt insinuating that all Glock owners are snobs :) Just an example. Heck gun snobs can be worse than motorcycle snobs.

Glad you found some ammo, I finally came across some 9mm, and had my eye on this gun. So once I got the ammo, I went and got the gun.

Around here 9mm, and .22 LR is the worst to find. You can find .40 if you look around. Prices might have gone up a tad, but not really overblown like some of the horror stories I have heard.

Hey...you did not offend me at all. I understand exactly what you are saying. It was strange because I went into a Dick's Sporting Goods just a few blocks away and they had a SINGLE box of .38 on the shelf. Nothing in any other calibers at all. I then went into this gun shop and they had everything you could have wanted.

Some folks around here had figured out which days the GS's were getting their deliveries. Looked like Walmart on Black Friday in the mornings with people standing around outside the front door waiting for them to open. All to get the limit of (1) box of ammo (per caliber).