IGNORED

Naked pictures of Millie !!!

StarFan

Millie, my 2000 Millenium insurance bike is becoming a bigger job than expected. Took the damaged parts off her and brought to the painter. The paint is 13 years + old and has discolored a little from new. My painter who is a professional guy with a good reputation has made numerous tests to try to match the two colors but is not satisfied. I don´t seee the difference but he refuses to do the job if he can´t do a perfect match. So,,,what can I do ?

After three cups of coffee and deep discussion we decided to change the color. Went straight to work this morning and starting tearing the parts off. Man,,,that was more of a job than I expected. Took me around ten hours to get everything off. Thought the fairing was going to be the most difficult task but actually that was pretty straight forward. It was the rear fender that took the most time.

Now all I have to do is decide on the color. Have been looking at the color pallettes at the painters shop and lean towards Deep Metallic Red with Cream teardrop on the tank (like the older Royal Stars) and gold pinstriping. Red and Cream ont the saddlebags and trunk. Other colors are also being considdered but more samples I look at more confused I get.

Any suggestions welcome - But PINK is not an option Big Tom !

At least put a coat on her, its gotta be freezing in Iceland:yikes: :thumbsup:

Craig

You gotta be kidding me. It´s 45 Fahrenheit right now and the time is 22:30 in the evening. Winters here are getting warmer and warmer. We haven´t seen any real snow here on the south coast the whole winter.

Take your shorts with you when you come in July my friend :scorched: :)

Ok if you won't paint it pink how about a nice charcoal color with Pink pinstripes? Or any other color with Pink pinstripes.

Margaret

Margaret listen !

I once seen Big Tom in pink underwear :shock3:.

I am done with pink things in my life !!!!!!!!

PERIOD !

Ok if you won't paint it pink how about a nice charcoal color with Pink pinstripes? Or any other color with Pink pinstripes.

Margaret

Dont worry mini....I have a surprise for Jonas......he will love pink...It will grow on him I'm sure .....:fatsmiley:

My :2cents: would be keep it original if at all possible I think it would hold it's value better. Besides how many millennium bikes are in Iceland. But if you can't I like your thinking on the older royal stars. A nice retro paint scheme would be cool if not over done. Sometimes less is more.

A little birdie told me there may be some custom leather in this bikes future !!

:mo money:

Gary

Nope ! Not this one Gary. The Custom Leather is for the Maxed Tour Classic at Big Toms. This Millenium bike is not for keeps - Bought it for less than half the value and plan to make some bucks on it.

Nope ! Not this one Gary. The Custom Leather is for the Maxed Tour Classic at Big Toms. .

You mean, the leather was for YOUR bike.......ooooops...your not getting here until August right..??:whistling: Well, how do I know these things ?...I thought Taters bought this stuff for the beast...

I'm with Yammer on this one, VW Golf R32 pearl-BLUE

No way Squeeze !

Candy Red it will be !

This is the color but it does not do it justice - There is a lot of pearl in it and it is very glossy - seen a car like this here in Iceland and fell instantly for the color. Will look great against the chrome.

Have to admit that I am a little soft when it comes to Red hence my " Red Baron".