IGNORED

anyone name their bike?

creole

Well lets see, i've named all my bikes.

My 84 Honda V65 Sabre is called Trollsabre,

My 79 yamahaXS1100 was called Wretched XS.

The sidecar attached to it was called XS Baggage.

My 85 Venture Royale was the Brown Fox

And My 87 Venture Royale is the Black Hawk which I hope will be sporting a symbol of my own design based on the Blackhawk Comic book series of the 50's and 60's

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll take any name suggestions into consideration! Where to start......Married for 25 years this spring, two kids, one almost 19 and out of the house, the other 16 and driving. This is the 5th bike we've had since we've been married and all but this have been cruisers. Pre kids my wife rode around with me,then there wa a 15 year period she wouldn't ride so I rode solo but didn't realley go anywhere. With the last cruiser and the kids older and friends who took bike trips, we bought the venture and she has really gotten into riding with me again. The trips are something we are really enjoying as the kids have their own things going. I'm an electronic technician for a gas company owned by Transcanada ( maybe you have heard some of the hubbub over their oil line) but I'm in the gas end of things. I like to hunt and fish although not as much as I used to but enjoy outdoor type things and hope to retire by 55 if I can swing it (11 yrs to go). Since we married early (19) I'm ready to get back to enjoying life and leaving all this work stuff behind!

How `bout ``Awakening``

My machine was christened by my siblings on our annual ride last year (or was it the year prior?)

It's called "The Mothership" due to all the fancy bits it has on it - 4 channel stereo, MP3 player, sat-nav, windshield, panniers, Voyager outfit etc etc.

Their bikes are basic - three Hardly Davisons (how basic can you get?) :rotf: a Suzi and a Honda.

Whenever we do our big annual ride 'The Mothership' seems to attract all the attention - as you would expect from a second gen RSV!!!

I kind of like the "twoface spin on phase two". Only problem is a riding buddy calls his Harley toothless so it might get confusing, him being Harley and all

Lol

How did you come up with your user name?? Are you from further southeast?? Thinking like "Mudbug" "Swampthing" "Electrabugaloo" "Cajon Queen" "Phazer" "SilverFrog" or just some old girlfriends name. Make for sure your wife doesn't know about her.:whistling:

Wade 2000

No I'm not from the south, not Louisiana south anyway. Northwest Oklahoma all my life. This name thing runs deeper than just the bike. For years my user names for anything has always been "terry@whateverblah.blah. For this forum I was trying to be more creative even then.

Any way back to your question. I make homemade wine and have for a few years now. Some has turned out pretty good, some not good at all and most stronger than my wife thinks it should be. So the name comes from that David Lee Murphy Song "Dust on the Bottle" that sings of a character "Creole Williams" who makes home made wine.

Oh and as for that old girlfriend name thing, that could actually work as three of them had the same name as my wife's first name. On second thought, not a good Idea....nobody knows her by her first name. LOL

I know it sounds kind of like a small gene pool from back in the sticks kind of thing, but really it wasn't intentional at all, just fate I suppose. Grew up in a really small town, so dated girls in the neighboring towns. Not sure just how that works.....LOL

Edited by creole

Ok I think I got it! The bike is twice as big as your cruisers and holds a lot more so to go along with the wine making hows about "MAGNUM" it'll fit on a license plate

Wade....That may work:thumbsup2:

Thanks to all for their input. I have thoroughly enjoyed the responses and reading the name choices of everyone's rides.

This is truely a great group to be a part of!

:bowdown:

Wade 2000

No I'm not from the south, not Louisiana south anyway. Northwest Oklahoma all my life. This name thing runs deeper than just the bike. For years my user names for anything has always been "terry@whateverblah.blah. For this forum I was trying to be more creative even then.

Any way back to your question. I make homemade wine and have for a few years now. Some has turned out pretty good, some not good at all and most stronger than my wife thinks it should be. So the name comes from that David Lee Murphy Song "Dust on the Bottle" that sings of a character "Creole Williams" who makes home made wine.

Oh and as for that old girlfriend name thing, that could actually work as three of them had the same name as my wife's first name. On second thought, not a good Idea....nobody knows her by her first name. LOL

I know it sounds kind of like a small gene pool from back in the sticks kind of thing, but really it wasn't intentional at all, just fate I suppose. Grew up in a really small town, so dated girls in the neighboring towns. Not sure just how that works.....LOL

Great Job Wade now I can't get that song out of my head. I like the MAGNUM and it has a good story to go with it. It's got my vote if you want it. :cool10:

Well I'll take any name suggestions into consideration! Where to start......Married for 25 years this spring, two kids, one almost 19 and out of the house, the other 16 and driving. This is the 5th bike we've had since we've been married and all but this have been cruisers. Pre kids my wife rode around with me,then there wa a 15 year period she wouldn't ride so I rode solo but didn't realley go anywhere. With the last cruiser and the kids older and friends who took bike trips, we bought the venture and she has really gotten into riding with me again. The trips are something we are really enjoying as the kids have their own things going. I'm an electronic technician for a gas company owned by Transcanada ( maybe you have heard some of the hubbub over their oil line) but I'm in the gas end of things. I like to hunt and fish although not as much as I used to but enjoy outdoor type things and hope to retire by 55 if I can swing it (11 yrs to go). Since we married early (19) I'm ready to get back to enjoying life and leaving all this work stuff behind!

In honor of your wife rejoining you on the bike how about

Deja Vu or

2 Trippen' too

Edited by Pegasus1300