IGNORED

Frame lock

dwatson636

How many people if any, use the frame lock with padlock on the bike? Alone or with the fork key lock. I have no garage, so when I park mine on my front lawn, I use both locks and put the cover on it. I figure if they are going to steal it, I am going to make it really hard.

I have never used it. But my trailer I am kind of obsessive. When it's parked at a motel, I have a lock on the togue and run a cable through the wheels and frame so it can't be rolled away. I know someone that leaves theirs sitting unlocked with their stuff in it. To each their own. If you thinky you need to frame lock it, do it. Nothing wrong with it and that's what it is there for. It sure ain't going to hurt.

I ride mine to the airport for work. I use the frame lock, I guess this is what your talking about loked with key. I also bought a disc brake lock. Has a hardened pin that goes thru the brake disc. Then cover it up. If they try to roll it or dissable the frame lock it wont roll unless they have someway to support the front tire. I hope by then someone is asking questions.

A lot also depends on where you live.

There are some neighborhoods where it does not matter how many locks you have. It will be gone. Other neighborhoods people don't even know if the key can be removed from the ignition, because they never tried.

As for me, where I live, I just lock the trunk and bags and keep the key with me. At night it is stuffed into a small storage shed along with all of the yard tools.

I have a shed in my backyard where it goes during bad weather. But I have to get it thru a small fence door that is very challenging. So I usually leave it in the front yard by my porch locked up with the cover on it. I figure with both locks, 844 lbs will be hard to carry off with out me hearing something. But I would like to get some kind of alarm. This summer i will be building the harbor freight trailer. I will have to lock that up front as well. I will have to pick it up sideways to get it thru my gate.

I have a shed in my backyard where it goes during bad weather. But I have to get it thru a small fence door that is very challenging. But I would like to get some kind of alarm. This summer i will be building the harbor freight trailer. I will have to lock that up front as well. I will have to pick it up sideways to get it thru my gate.

Uhhhhh,,,,,, :think: Make the fence door / gate a little wider ? :whistling:

I have the HF trailer.

I made some brackets that attach to the back of the trailer so that I can stand it up on its back bumper and there are wheels on the brackets that let me roll it sideways to slip it in and out of the space between the shed and the house. It is stored standing up leaning against the wall.

I have the HF trailer.

I made some brackets that attach to the back of the trailer so that I can stand it up on its back bumper and there are wheels on the brackets that let me roll it sideways to slip it in and out of the space between the shed and the house. It is stored standing up leaning against the wall.

That's sounds cool. Could you take a few photos of the attachments?

Thanks

Dave

I carry a brake rotor type lock. Mine's called a BullDog. I use it when I have to leave the bike unattended in an unknown area. It's slips over the rotor like a clam shell and the shackle goes through the holes or slots in the rotor so it can't be broken or cut. For ease of use and small storage it's hard to beat.