IGNORED

Scale model of the RSV

Freebird

OK folks...I may again be getting myself into something that I will regret but I'm getting pretty used to that.

I've tried for years to find and buy a scale model of the RSV. Die cast, plastic, whatever. There is simply nothing available. So this evening I got on it again and this time I found a custom manufacturer who is interested in doing it for me. I asked him to give me a price based upon quantity, detail, etc. I've seen samples of other projects that he has done and they are fantastic.

At this time, I have no idea about the cost. He is supposed to get back to me early next week with all the details. I sent him a lot of pictures of my RSV and he said that he will be reviewing them over the weekend.

So....there you have it. Is there any interest?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none , what so ever :stirthepot: now if i could get one for a pretty bike maybe , a 1st Gen :rasberry::rasberry: do you need pics of a good lookin bike , i know , shut up , but i am having fun , but i am trying to kill slow brain cells :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

thom

Hey Freebird, Don't know who you contacted, but I have done a similar project for my SHO car club. I went through Liberty Classics in Liberty IL.

http://www.libertyclassics.com/pages/main.asp

WE did a model of the engine in the SHO, you can see how that turned out here:

http://www.dccarcare.com/shoclub/merchandise/Image1.gif

I got advice from several people and was going to build 500 or more, but went with 300. almost 3 years later I still have 25 left, and I priced this rather nice display at just $90. NOt a lot of mark up. Of course you can price them any way you want, and a motorcycle is a LOT more complicated. They did a very nice model of a cycle, like my display in resin, when means not as durable as metal or plastic, but great detail and LOTS less expensive.

I talked with DAN at that company, I think he still likes me! LOL He did a great job. They are made in China, I think you will find most of this labor intensive work is done there or other overseas companys.

I might buy one, but would like a Gen I Royale better! :)

If I can help with the process let me know, I have been through it and know some of the pitfalls.

I know everyone is giving you a hard time or think you fell though the ice on your pond and are suffering from a massive brain freeze, but depending on what you come up with I might want a one. Die cast would be nice or something along the lines of what HD does for each of it's bikes.

The most expensive part could very well be creating the mold. Nothing much more difficult to die cast that a motorcycle with handle bars and details.

Guest ReinyRooster

I've been searching for something like that for years....definitely interested but I want the model of the good bike....a 1st gen!!!!!

Guest BluesLover
but I want the model of the good bike....a 1st gen!!!!!

Reiny - you can have the model of a good one ... us 2nd Genners will just have to settle for the model of the GREAT bike!!!:whistling:

Cheers,