IGNORED

Goldwings and Venture drag racing

Midrsv

I just checked the Motorcycle consumer news performance index and they list the following times:

2004 Midnight Venture - 13.58 sec@ 95.25 mph

2004 GL1800 - 12.71 sec @ 102.9 mph

That seems pretty close to the video times. The GW in the video may have been a bit slow.

Dennis

Anybody notice the reaction times Gw rider had 2.something the last run on vid I think the RSV guy had improved to 3. something last run but was still slow off the line. First run the RSV shifted to 4th gear way to soon can't remember top speed.

Slugs or not looked like fun reminded me of the days at Greenvalley Raceway in my 69 mustang trying to bracket race.

I just checked the Motorcycle consumer news performance index and they list the following times:

2004 Midnight Venture - 13.58 sec@ 95.25 mph

2004 GL1800 - 12.71 sec @ 102.9 mph

That seems pretty close to the video times. The GW in the video may have been a bit slow.

Dennis

Cycle Magazine tested a 1986 Venture at 12.5 seconds and 104.5 mph. They tested a 1983 at 12.69 seconds and 103.92 mph.

Hmmm. Either First Gens would have "spanked" the GL1800 and the Second Gen.

Dont know how many drag racers are around here but I would like to point out reaction to the lights has nothing to do with time and speed with this type of racing (sure it shows if your timimg is good off the lights without a default) . The clock starts when you pass the beam.

Dont know how many drag racers are around here but I would like to point out reaction to the lights has nothing to do with time and speed with this type of racing (sure it shows if your timimg is good off the lights without a default) . The clock starts when you pass the beam.

Looks like a heads up race to me. No dial in times on the bikes but your right from light "A" to light "B" reaction time has nothing to do with it. You could sit there 15 min and still run 14 sec 1/4. Pretty sure you would have had your :buttkick: by then.

ok for the RSV 2nd Gen i think it did fantastic considering it has a disadvantage of short 2 cyl. and not fuel injected so 4 cyl against 6 the GW is no match put FI on RSV and even with 4 cyl against 6 i think the RSV will give a GW a run for its money