IGNORED

New to forum

Guest BLUGEM

I've only been riding for 18 years but I ride over 12k a year. In that time I've owned 3 hondas 750 magna 1100 spirit 1300 vtx, 750 kawie vulkan and a 750 yamaha virago. I borrowed a kawie voyager for my honeymoon ride. It was 1 week and i went from nyc to niagra falls through canada the 1000 isles to NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, CN, in 1 week. It was a great bike very comfy. I'm wondering if the venture will be as comfortable on such a long ride. I'm looking forward to joining your family. Are there groups that meet in nyc or nj?

Welcome to the site ...... from Down Under :australia:

There's a great bunch of folk in WNY :thumbsup2: Big Tom, Bongobob, Motorcycletom are just some. Check the Meet & Eat thread for any get togethers :smile5:

Where on the Island are you? My folks are in Westerleigh, I was just up there for Christmas. Welcome to the site, hope you have lots of fun and safe riding on the Venture. Oh and some of the folks here in the asylum are ok as long as they stay on their meds. :whistling::)

Margaret

Meds??? :confused24:

We are suppose to be on meds??? So that's my problem........ :whistling:

:stickinouttounge:

I had a BMW K1200LT and although I have only had my Venture for a couple of

weeks I have already found it to be a better ride. Just make sure you focus on a 1st generation bike so you can ride with the upper class.

Oh brother, Where did this guy come from ? A couple of weeks on an antique bike..probably never rode a second gen and already an expert on the ventures !....:stickpoke: Yammer send KIC some of your meds...He's in need big time.. Must be the heat ....:rotf: :fnd_(16):

I rode my friend's 2001 Venture over Thanksgiving weekend. Two things came of that ... I was Thankful I got a 1st Gen... and I was thankful I got a 1st Gen.

I have learned a valuable life lesson though.... Friends don't let friends get 2nd Gens... Sometimes life is so poetic.. :rasberry:

Delete oh come on let them first gen guys have there fun .

They have resurrected a soon to be 4 year old thread.

"Going to have to watch this" soon to be longest running thread

"New to the venture ... quick question " so new its getting old and not so quick

"First day back " lasted longer than I thought :pushups:

guess everyone needs an idol and a protege :rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::stickpoke::stickpoke:

When I picked my 11 up , 1) my dealer set up the antennas on the wrong side, 2) They did not include my isimple or ipod, I found about that from this site and after checking the dealer sent it to me. 3) I ended up with a squeel in my headset after I was riding in the rain, dielectric grease fixed that. 4) They didn't put enough air in the suspension system. My first gen had a chass system, this one you need a hand pump. Great bike, rides just like the first gen once u get to riding her

I will be purchasing a 2011 venture in a month or less. Is there anything bad or good that I need to know before that time. I also own a 2007 Honda VTX1300 with 25k miles on it.

Yes you need to know that they feel "top heavy" but this can be changed with either switching to the narrower front tire or by lowering the back of the bike with lowering links. I used the Avon tire M90 I think on my 99 and the ride is completely different with the bike handling much much better and turns are much easier. Another thing is that this bike likes Revving. You will find it rides a lot better if you keep the revs up higher than you would on a bike like a Harley. THis bike loves the higher revs. Ride in a lower gear that you think necessary and keep the revs up and you will find the bike a lot more responsive and that it handles much better. The Venture will run forever with proper maintenance and if you watch this site you will eventually see a " Maintenance Day". Attend one and learn how to maintain you ride and keep it out of the "stealership". Almost anyone on this site will help and answer questions on how to accomplish various maint and installs as well as the tech section having numerous "how to" articles. That is what this forum is about...helping one another and enjoying our rides.

Welcome to the family...