IGNORED

Ow! Oww! Ooowwww!

a1bummer

NO, it does NOT feel good to be riding down the road relaxing with my legs stretched out on the front foot pegs, and to have a wasp fly up my left pant leg and crawl down my boot, only to start stinging the sh*t out of the heel of my foot! Pulled over ASAP! Hopping around on one foot while trying to rip off my boot while the damn wasp keeps stinging away! NOT FUNNY! I could just imagine what passer-byes were thinking. Now my foot is red, swollen and throbbing. Some grilled brats helped, now for the ice cream! Ice cream helps just about everything.

Probably not as funny as the time I got a big black ant in my pants. On the side of the road with my pants around my ankles until I found him. It's been quite a few years since my last bee sting. Probably about 20 or so years. That summer I got hit three different times by a be in about two weeks on the bike. On the forehead, neck and shoulder. I have a windshield now. Now they just get up my drawers.

Bill

thats why you need the Defender Motorcycle jeans from Diamond Gussett. They have a velcro closeing tab at the bottom of the leg to stop those little hitchhikers from taking a ride with ya, Plus ya get the Kevlar in the butt, hip and knee as a bonus...

Brian

(FYI, I dont have anything to do with Diamond Gusset , I am just a very satisfied customer....)

Guess it could have been worse. Several years ago, I was riding through Smuggler's Notch in Vermont with a guy who was wearing shorts. A bee went up his shorts and stung him where it hurts a guy most. Once he made it over the top of the notch and down into the meadow area, he dropped his bike, ran into the bush and immersed himself in a muddy swamp.

I was riding a 58 Panhead down the 401 doing 70 and a BIG bee flew up into my helmet.

I could feel him walking around up there trying to get set. Fortunately the bike had a lockable steering dampener and no return throttle. It just stayed wherever you put it.

So off came the helmet and he stayed in my hair. Must of looked pretty silly going at that speed beating myself in the head. But I got him!!! Juicy critter he was!

Has anyone tried carrying a can of instant freeze or other type of cold spray to shoot down your boots? The cold slows them down instantly. I'd be a little careful spraying down some places. However I would rather have a cold body section than have to hit up with an Epi Pen!

I ride with my pantlegs tucked down inside my boots to avoid just what you described! Tight collar jacket with the sleeve cuffs fastened tight. Shorty helmet so the flying stinger bugs can get out easy, and I still hide behind the windshield. Of course I ride fast enough that the bugs are killed on impact, going slow and hitting them just makes them angry. You don't want an angry wasp after you.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

'83, '89 Venture

So how much ice cream did you have to put on your foot to make the swelling go down.I've never heard of that before we just used baking soda and ammonia.I bet the ice cream feels a lot better.:rotf:

:doh: :duck:

I applied it internally with peanut butter topping. Orally that is!

Edited by a1bummer

Has anyone tried carrying a can of instant freeze or other type of cold spray to shoot down your boots? The cold slows them down instantly. I'd be a little careful spraying down some places. However I would rather have a cold body section than have to hit up with an Epi Pen!

Ummm, I don't think you would have to actually jab it in that particular place if that's where you were unfortunate enough to get stung...

But each to his own. If that's what trips yur trigger, go for it. But get some video, and be careful where ya post it.:whistling:

Bill

A friend of mine had a wasp go up the leg of the SHORTS he was riding with, yes he was also riding commando. He was a passenger so it took a while to get the driver to stop. Once stopped he dropped trou right there and started beating himself to make it stop. He was stung 17 times on various male parts that don't want to be stung. :crying:

That was 30 years ago and we still :rasberry: him about it. Had it been more modern, someone would have had a camera phone.

I had a bug hit my arm, a moment later I felt something crawling up my arm over my shoulder and started down my back by the time I got stopped. I got a lot of strange looks as I came to a screeching stop and ripped off my shirt, with my full face helmet still on. I saw the bug fly away but could not tell what it was, but it was big.

WTF! On the side of the road with my pants around my ankles again! These guys are out to get me! It's some kind of conspiracy I tell ya! Another one got me today! Up the same pant leg. Only this time he almost got all the way up!

I got his mugshot this time!

Bill

Many years ago I had borrowed my cousins 77 Honda CB360 and was riding in Missouri which had a helmet law when nebraska didn't.But anyway on the way home I felt something hit my face by the corner of my right eye.Little did I know that it glanced off and ended up between my temple and the helmet and it was stinging the hell out of me so I pull over quick and whatever it was it flew off.Lucky for me I was only about 20 or so miles from home.I took off for home I was only 16 at the time and I could feel that ny eye was swelling shut.By the time I got home my eye was completely swollen shut and I was beginning to have difficulty breathing and in a matter of minutes after walking in the house my airway had swollen so much that I dropped to the floor unconcious and had to be taken to the hospital.I had been stung many times before with no problems but that time I had a very bad reaction.