So I noticed my brake light was on when i started the bike this morning. No problem mess with the front brake lever and off it goes. Get home this evening and the light is stuck again and wont turn off (bike running). Shut off bike mess with lever light goes out. Work lever several times and seem to work fine (gonna clean this weekend anyway). Start the bike up and hit the brake light stuck again and wont go out until you cut the bike off. What in the world would cause that?:think::confused24:

If this is the front switch, it could be that the switch housing has loosened over time and has slid back in the receptacle. This would mean that the lever wouldn't fully engage the switch. Or the handle is sticky from gum and dirt and doesn't completely engage the switch either. You would need to be disassembled and cleaned well.

During your movement of the bike and testing did you by chance step on or use the rear brake?

The rear brake switch may be sticking also, and as mentioned above, I would take the time to completely clean and adjust both front and rear switches

There is nothing in the brake light circuit that will cause the brake lights to stay on EXCEPT one of the switches. The contacts could be sticking together. When you try it with the key off, there is no current through the contacts, so they don't stick as bad. Every time contacts make under load, there is a tiny arc, and this arc does weld the contacts together slightly. If the switch doesn't have enough travel to break the contacts properly, they can stay on. Seeing that you know it's the front switch, take it apart and clean the switch. Inspect the entire switch and see if it's returning completely to the OFF position.

I recently had this same problem. The switch for the rear pedal was sticking. As was suggested, I sprayed some contact cleaner and lube into it and it was just fine. You may also want to check the spring and the adjuster tension.

Thanks guys. I will clean the switch and see what happens. Just hard to see why it works with the switch on (Brake lights light up and back to running lights) but with the bike engine running the first time you pull the lever to engage the brake the light you can hear something clicking in the faring but the light never goes back to running lights. I hope that makes sense.:think:

Thanks guys. I will clean the switch and see what happens. Just hard to see why it works with the switch on (Brake lights light up and back to running lights) but with the bike engine running the first time you pull the lever to engage the brake the light you can hear something clicking in the faring but the light never goes back to running lights. I hope that makes sense.:think:

Can you hear were in the faring the clicking is coming from?