IGNORED

Pictures from the International 2012

Marcarl

Marion and I were only able to attend the Tuesday and we didn't get a chance to meet everyone. This was our first rally and was great to place web names with Vriders. Thanks to all the organizers and Adventurer for the Windmills Tour for a most enjoyable day. Also Bongobobny for digging thru his part bins and coming up with that brake reservoir switch I've been looking for about 3 months. What a great group of people and we are looking forward to the next event!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very last picture....Marcarl....aka "billygoat"!

I think that should be your new handle....sorta look like one anyway!:stickpoke:

Did the owner of the Jeep know what you were up to?

Thanks for the compliments. If this keeps up I'll need a whole site for myself, just to store my handles.

As far the owner of the jeep, if you look in the previous picture, he had his back turned, so I was okie dokie for a short while.

Did the owner of the Jeep know what you were up to?

It's my wife's Jeep. She was going to let Carl stand on the roof to get the picture. I did not want him on the roof, so he ended up on the spare tire mount which is fairly sturdy.

Gary

Edited by dingy

Great pics, I love the ones of y'all working in the Pioneer shop, Bull looks like he was up to his elbows in it, as well as all the others....Good on y'all!

:thumbsup2:

Its because of Bull and Saddlebum and many others that I'm back at home and relaxing with a worry..... Thanks all.

Angel:mustache:

Its because of Bull and Saddlebum and many others that I'm back at home and relaxing with a worry..... Thanks all.

Angel:mustache:

Kind of how this all came down:

Monday,,, Angle held us up on the way back from Niagara Falls, said there was too much weight on the scoot or the shock was not working or something. No biggie, we were within shootin' distance from Pioneer, well shootin' maybe be stretching it a bit, but we were close.

After supper it was determined that the shock was at fault, diagnosis only took about 2 hours, so not so bad. Terry's help was enlisted to try to find another one. Good hour spent to find that wasn't going to be easy, Yami don't list them no more,,,, Angle not feeling too good at this point, really he was kind of down,,,,, but then HEY, he was right among VentureRiders,,,, he need not have worried,,, well at least about his scoot. I told him that he should go pay attention to his wife and camping and the rest would figure itself out by morning. Then Bongobobny come up with the bright idea that in his garage, about 2 miles away was a shock that's available, buuuuuuttt, is still in his 84. Just go and take it out, he says. So Bob became the donner,, half the battle won so far and it was still only Monday.

We all went to sleep, some here and some there. I don't know about Angle or Lori, I didn't keep an eye on them, figured they weren't going anywhere fast anyways.

I was thinking (dangerous I know, but this time it worked out not so bad) that I would like to spend some time on a Spyder, so on Tuesday morning I asked Terry if I could rent one for the day,,,, his prompt response was that they don't rent Spyders.....period,,,,,,,so if I wanted to test ride one for a day all I had to do was ask,,, so I asked, and 5 minutes later, there it was,,, pretty as could be, all ready to go,,,,,,,,,,,wow!!!!!!! so Marca and I had the Spyder experience, and that would leave a perfectly good scooter sitting at Pioneer with nowhere to go and no-one to love it, so Angle and Lori got that job.

When we got back, about 5 pm I got busy to con 2 more people into helping out to do the work. I did meet some reluctance, Bob thought that seeing as he was the one donating maybe he wouldn't have to do the maintenance,,,,,, well after explaining who was going to remove the shock in HIS garage, he thought it best to go along, just to keep an eye on things.

So........ Bob went as the organizer tool handler, Gary (Dingy) and Ben (Saddlebum) went to be the actual surgeons. I understand they both thought to grab a nap on either side of the scoot, but Bob began throwing things at them, so much for nap time. In record time they were back,,, less than 1 hour,,,, good going guys, you almost beat us at the shop.

At the shop: Angle and Carl started by getting the scoot on a lift, finding needed tools, and discovering the saddle bags could stay in place. We received lots of advice, all good, and then the help showed up, so Carl took a break. Took almost less time to do it our way, then the way they did it at Bob's.

The donner needed some upgrades, hence there are pictures of Ben and Bull working in that area.

Again, lots of hands went into putting things back together.

I can't really say who was all in the works, but I know that Ben and Bull put in a lot of effort and know-how.

It was great to be part of this operation, to watch how everybody pitched in, even if it was just for moral support or just getting in the way so that it would be easier when they left (NOT).

What can I say: this was VentureRiders in action, family caring for each other, even if we didn't know what we were doing.

Thanks all, for being such a great bunch to be with.:happy65: :thumbsup2:

And just for some BROWNie(Angel) points, I was going to give him the compressor from my bike before we left Thursday morning. We were trailering it home, so it could limp home without it. Turned out it wasn't the compressor or the control head. Tried control from my bike and it didn't change anything.

But since Bob donated the needed shock, Tweetie got to come home intact and Angel & wife made it home.

Gary

Y'all definitely make us proud to be here, but I expect nothing less from this group. Thats the way it has always been and I'm sure the way it will stay for years to come. Way to show folks what it's all about and how it's done!

:thumbsup2:

And just for some BROWNie(Angel) points, I was going to give him the compressor from my bike before we left Thursday morning. We were trailering it home, so it could limp home without it. Turned out it wasn't the compressor or the control head. Tried control from my bike and it didn't change anything.

But since Bob donated the needed shock, Tweetie got to come home intact and Angel & wife made it home.

Gary

Did you 'maximize' any late model 'wings on this excursion?

Inquiring minds want to know . . . :whistling:

Did you 'maximize' any late model 'wings on this excursion?

Inquiring minds want to know . . . :whistling:

Nope, I behaved myself on the highway completely. I had a navigator on this one. I drive it like a 2nd Gen when she is with me.

Other than that one minor incident where I rode 55 miles without a helmet, only to learn just as we were pulling into Niagara Falls that New York required a helmet. Passed at least 2 LEO's in the median on the way up. Had one in trunk with me for the ride back and rest of week at least. Also had an LEO block traffic for us as we were leaving Pioneer, nary a word.

Gary

Edited by dingy

Kind of how this all came down:

Monday,,, Angle held us up on the way back from Niagara Falls, said there was too much weight on the scoot or the shock was not working or something. No biggie, we were within shootin' distance from Pioneer, well shootin' maybe be stretching it a bit, but we were close.

After supper it was determined that the shock was at fault, diagnosis only took about 2 hours, so not so bad. Terry's help was enlisted to try to find another one. Good hour spent to find that wasn't going to be easy, Yami don't list them no more,,,, Angle not feeling too good at this point, really he was kind of down,,,,, but then HEY, he was right among VentureRiders,,,, he need not have worried,,, well at least about his scoot. I told him that he should go pay attention to his wife and camping and the rest would figure itself out by morning. Then Bongobobny come up with the bright idea that in his garage, about 2 miles away was a shock that's available, buuuuuuttt, is still in his 84. Just go and take it out, he says. So Bob became the donner,, half the battle won so far and it was still only Monday.

We all went to sleep, some here and some there. I don't know about Angle or Lori, I didn't keep an eye on them, figured they weren't going anywhere fast anyways.

I was thinking (dangerous I know, but this time it worked out not so bad) that I would like to spend some time on a Spyder, so on Tuesday morning I asked Terry if I could rent one for the day,,,, his prompt response was that they don't rent Spyders.....period,,,,,,,so if I wanted to test ride one for a day all I had to do was ask,,, so I asked, and 5 minutes later, there it was,,, pretty as could be, all ready to go,,,,,,,,,,,wow!!!!!!! so Marca and I had the Spyder experience, and that would leave a perfectly good scooter sitting at Pioneer with nowhere to go and no-one to love it, so Angle and Lori got that job.

When we got back, about 5 pm I got busy to con 2 more people into helping out to do the work. I did meet some reluctance, Bob thought that seeing as he was the one donating maybe he wouldn't have to do the maintenance,,,,,, well after explaining who was going to remove the shock in HIS garage, he thought it best to go along, just to keep an eye on things.

So........ Bob went as the organizer tool handler, Gary (Dingy) and Ben (Saddlebum) went to be the actual surgeons. I understand they both thought to grab a nap on either side of the scoot, but Bob began throwing things at them, so much for nap time. In record time they were back,,, less than 1 hour,,,, good going guys, you almost beat us at the shop.

At the shop: Angle and Carl started by getting the scoot on a lift, finding needed tools, and discovering the saddle bags could stay in place. We received lots of advice, all good, and then the help showed up, so Carl took a break. Took almost less time to do it our way, then the way they did it at Bob's.

The donner needed some upgrades, hence there are pictures of Ben and Bull working in that area.

Again, lots of hands went into putting things back together.

I can't really say who was all in the works, but I know that Ben and Bull put in a lot of effort and know-how.

It was great to be part of this operation, to watch how everybody pitched in, even if it was just for moral support or just getting in the way so that it would be easier when they left (NOT).

What can I say: this was VentureRiders in action, family caring for each other, even if we didn't know what we were doing.

Thanks all, for being such a great bunch to be with.:happy65: :thumbsup2:

love my family..... And all because of a bike!:322::bighug::bighug: