IGNORED

SW Ontario to International

XV1100SE

Week to go so thought I'd start planning for next Sunday.

We will be leaving Kitchener in the morning and going to 403/Garden Ave.

Next stop Casablanca rest area in Grimsby.

From there ... Chaffee (or Fort Erie - 1hr from Grimsby..and then to Chaffee 1hr).

Like to hear from others that want to ride together and what time you were planning on leaving.

For us... (timing flexible)....

Kitchener (leaving around 8am) to Brantford - 50 minutes (meet in Brantford at 9am, leave at 9:15-9:30)

Brantford to Grimsby - 45 minutes (meet 10:15, leave at 10:45-11am)

(Fort Erie - possible meet at noon, leave at 12:30)

Grimsby to Chaffee - 2 hrs (plus time at the border)

If we stop in Fort Erie puts us at Chaffee around 1:30. Straight thru from Grimsby around 1pm (plus border time).

That gives us 4 possible meeting areas (including Kitchener and Fort Erie).

Who wants to ride together and how is the timing I suggested ?

We won't be leaving until around 2pm, still plenty of time to get to Springfield and then to the mixer for the eve. Going to worship first, then lunch and we should be packed already...... hope so, looking forward to this already.

Oh ya, we will ride through the peninsula, 54 to 3 to Fort Erie. So Brantford, Caledonia, Dunnville, Fort Erie, and we'll do Buffalo as well.

Won't know whether that will work for us until later this week. We may be delayed and if so, we would hope to join up with Carl and Marca after lunch.

------------------------------------------------

QUOTE=XV1100SE;699797]Week to go so thought I'd start planning for next Sunday.

We will be leaving Kitchener in the morning and going to 403/Garden Ave.

Next stop Casablanca rest area in Grimsby.

From there ... Chaffee (or Fort Erie - 1hr from Grimsby..and then to Chaffee 1hr).

Like to hear from others that want to ride together and what time you were planning on leaving.

For us... (timing flexible)....

Kitchener (leaving around 8am) to Brantford - 50 minutes (meet in Brantford at 9am, leave at 9:15-9:30)

Brantford to Grimsby - 45 minutes (meet 10:15, leave at 10:45-11am)

(Fort Erie - possible meet at noon, leave at 12:30)

Grimsby to Chaffee - 2 hrs (plus time at the border)

If we stop in Fort Erie puts us at Chaffee around 1:30. Straight thru from Grimsby around 1pm (plus border time).

That gives us 4 possible meeting areas (including Kitchener and Fort Erie).

Who wants to ride together and how is the timing I suggested ?

Don,

Good planning.

A little early for us to depart.

And a wrinkle in my personal plans that hope to be settled out later this week. I won't know for sure until FRIDAY:confused24::(.

Since Brantford might be off the pickup list based on Marcarl planning later afternoon, what happens if (my plans work out) pull out at 11am :confused24: ? Head to Grimsby, etc, etc, etc??

Steve/Michele

We are flexible on time. Just wanted to get the discussions going so can negotiate a time. I'd like to arrive in Chaffee before 3 so we can stake out our camp site and get set up. That way we have a bit of time before the group departs Pioneer at 5:30 for the mixer.

Based on that.... l wouldn't want to start the venture (pun intended) from Kitchener after 10am... so add 2 hours to the various points.

How does that work for everyone?

So your thinking 10am departure from Kitchener as your lastest departure?

I can make a final commit until Thursday/Friday until the other thing gets straightened out.

We are flexible on time. Just wanted to get the discussions going so can negotiate a time. I'd like to arrive in Chaffee before 3 so we can stake out our camp site and get set up. That way we have a bit of time before the group departs Pioneer at 5:30 for the mixer.

Based on that.... l wouldn't want to start the venture (pun intended) from Kitchener after 10am... so add 2 hours to the various points.

How does that work for everyone?

10am would be the latest I'd want to leave from KW. Earlier would be better for those of us that don't have Nexus cards for crossing the border.

Keep the discussions going !

okay, you leave at 10am , we will catchup on the other side of US, at the same time. Oh, but friends don't leave friends behind. We would take the regular lane with crew to keep in good company.

Nexus card is great, but friends are priceless, just a Master Card commercial, not a Nexus commercial. :rotf:

Talk soon!

Don-- decided not to camp-out as tent and stuff to use isn't up to par so I am sharing cabin with RandyR.He said that the other person that was going to share with him decided he wasn't coming after all.

So anytime you want to leave is OK with me! Even if you still want to leave early as mentioned first and I could meet you in Brantford or where you want. That way I could meet up with him at Pioneer earlier.

If others want to meet then they could meet us also.What do you think??

I'm thinking we may go thru that northern country to get to NY as well. :stirthepot: There's about a 50 mile difference between taking the northern route opposed to the southern one. What can we expect other then towns by taking the Highway 3 along the coast opposed to the freeways?

We'll leave home either Friday or Saturday due to better weather plus maybe enjoy some of the area before everyone arrives.

Larry

Hey FOLKS!

Our plan is to depart Waterloo, Ontario at 11:00 am

Be in Grimbsby stop around 12:15 or so.

Leave Grimsby around 12:30pm? to either the Boarder crossing (which one is best? Niagara Falls or Fort Erie?) or might even have lunch at the Niagara on the Lake Golf club (on of Wizard's favorites) just of off the highway.

Then through to Springville, then to Chaffe.

These are our plans, anyone is welcome to join in.

Looks like it is just us and Sleepy2 for earlier departure. Working out final details but thinking the following route would be better than QEW. This takes us down to hwy 3.

http://mapq.st/Pm4Frk

Start in Paris (Tim Horton's on Rest Acres) and stop in Fort Erie before crossing the border.

Direct is shown in Mapquest as 3hrs 20 minutes and 212 km. Add time at border and rest stop....

Looks like it is just us and Sleepy2 for earlier departure. Working out final details but thinking the following route would be better than QEW. This takes us down to hwy 3.

http://mapq.st/Pm4Frk

Start in Paris (Tim Horton's on Rest Acres) and stop in Fort Erie before crossing the border.

Direct is shown in Mapquest as 3hrs 20 minutes and 212 km. Add time at border and rest stop....

Thanks for the route. Nice ride and not on the slab.

Going to change to your recommended map.

Steve

Thinking of meeting in Paris at 9 and leaving there at 9:30am. That puts us in Fort Erie at noon. Stop there for coffee/lunch and cross the border about 1pm. That puts us in Chaffee between 2-2:30pm.

As you can see from Mapquest link.... we would be headed cross-country rather than via QEW. Anyone want to meet us in Kitchener/Paris/Fort Erie... let me know.

In Dunnville, Hwy 3 takes a sharp left at the high school (there's a Park on left).

Instead of turning left and following #3, just go straight and follow your nose.

That route will still take you thru Lowbanks and you will follow the lakeshore.

It will take you by some wind turbines.

It might be cooler by the lake (if it's a real hot day) and for sure more scenic.

Time difference is slightly longer....only by a few minutes mostly because of a few sections with lower speed limits..

Follow the Lakeshore to Golf Club Road which will take you back to #3 just W of Port Colbourne.

You would bypass the Tim's in Dunnville.

You can see the road I'm talking about in your Mapquest link

In Dunnville, Hwy 3 takes a sharp left at the high school (there's a Park on left).

Instead of turning left and following #3, just go straight and follow your nose.

That route will still take you thru Lowbanks and you will follow the lakeshore.

It will take you by some wind turbines.

It might be cooler by the lake (if it's a real hot day) and for sure more scenic.

Time difference is slightly longer....only by a few minutes mostly because of a few sections with lower speed limits..

Follow the Lakeshore to Golf Club Road which will take you back to #3 just W of Port Colbourne.

You would bypass the Tim's in Dunnville.

You can see the road I'm talking about in your Mapquest link

Tim Hortons is on the main drag, you'll miss it unless you take hiway 3.

Suggest to take 54 from Brantford to Cayuga and then River Road to Dunnville. About the same time, but a lot nicer run.

But, far be it from me to tell you what to do.