IGNORED

just about on my way east

tomephil

I'm putting the final touches and should leave in a few days.

First destination is Nova Scotia and the maritimes and then the international rally.

If anyone is heading the same direction and needs company, let me know. We can meet up somewhere. I am thinking of going along the northern states for the first part. Still have to check out the maps.

At least I know which direction to head in!

Tom

:canada:

I've always wanted to see Nova Scotia, After the Rally we are going to go Northeast thru New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine, then hit Quebec, Ottawa & Montreal on the way home, that is if my wife can handle all those miles. We'll do as much of it as she can take. :fingers-crossed-emo

hi tom

wish i was a little futher north and i would ride with you. but it will be good to see you again at the international. good lord willing and the creek don't rise.

best reguards

don c.

Hi Don, We'll have to do a ride at the international. This is our 1st in a few years!

Enjoy the ride, whiich direction are you heading first ? Been a while since you come through this area.

Safe travels and you are doing the Cabot Trail right ?

Brad

Hi Brad,

I'm heading along the northern states to make time and coming back up to Canada??? just before the maritimes. Still have to look at the maps, campgrounds, BB's etc. I am solo on my way out there.

Yes, Cabot Trail, Confederation bridge, Newfoundland etc. Lots of places to ride and see. My Dad's family comes from Cape Briton so it will be nice to see the some spots, maybe find a Kallee (if that's the way to spell it) or 2. Baddeck, Margery Valley (more spelling problems)... lots of places.

I think there is a big rally in Nova Scotia at the end of the month. Not sure as I'm by myself but may do that too.

Terry meets me in Halifax and we will ride back through Canada to the international. Not sure after that. We'll see which way the wind blows me.

Hope to see you at the international but we're going to do southern Ontario also.

If anyone can suggest some good roads, campgrounds etc. please let me know.

Tom

Southern Ontario is all good roads,, well except for the 401, but that has it's uses as well, if only it's to keep the traffic off the nice roads. We have straight roads, twisty roads and hilly roads and we have BradT,, nobody else has BradT, so we win.

If you can, let us know where you want to enter Ontario, and where you would like to exit, and we'll draw out a really good map for ya.

Southern Ontario is all good roads,, well except for the 401, but that has it's uses as well, if only it's to keep the traffic off the nice roads. We have straight roads, twisty roads and hilly roads and we have BradT,, nobody else has BradT, so we win.

If you can, let us know where you want to enter Ontario, and where you would like to exit, and we'll draw out a really good map for ya.

Thanks, will do.

Tom, hope you have a great "Venture East". My wife and I did a 5 week "Venture West last year, going through Winnipeg heading west and through northern US heading back home. She wants to follow up with a trip like yours to the east coast, but it looks like that will have to wait until next summer.

I suspect the region in North Dakota where they are busy developing oil and gas is a bit east of where you would be ride, but if not, I would sure try to avoid it. We considered the ferry crossing of Lake Michigan which you may want to check out (there are two options). We really enjoyed some riding areas along our route and you can what we enjoyed between Winnipeg and Toronto in my wife's blog http://venturewest-evan-anne.blogspot.ca/.

We are a friendly bunch of Venture Riders here in Ontario so for sure, keep us posted.

Tom, If you make it through the Detroit area we have a room open, you are welcome to stop for the night if you like.:thumbsup2:

Thanks, I may take you up on that, even to get together for a cup of coffee. Actually, I am planing on tenting. A patch of grass in a back yard can work too.

Tom, hope you have a great "Venture East". My wife and I did a 5 week "Venture West last year, going through Winnipeg heading west and through northern US heading back home. She wants to follow up with a trip like yours to the east coast, but it looks like that will have to wait until next summer.

I suspect the region in North Dakota where they are busy developing oil and gas is a bit east of where you would be ride, but if not, I would sure try to avoid it. We considered the ferry crossing of Lake Michigan which you may want to check out (there are two options). We really enjoyed some riding areas along our route and you can what we enjoyed between Winnipeg and Toronto in my wife's blog http://venturewest-evan-anne.blogspot.ca/.

We are a friendly bunch of Venture Riders here in Ontario so for sure, keep us posted.

Will do

Thanks Carl, will do.

Thanks, I may take you up on that, even to get together for a cup of coffee. Actually, I am planing on tenting. A patch of grass in a back yard can work too.

Coffee Im in .We have more Tim Hortons in Moncton area than any place out there.stop by and say hello.:)

hey Tom, we are doing Cape Breton/Cabot trail-Halifax via northern states same timeframe for a few weeks and round up at the rally. Great to connect out east for java and ride at some point.

....We are a friendly bunch of Venture Riders here in Ontario so for sure, keep us posted.

Second that.... let us know when you are in the area so we can hook up for coffee or ride part way with you.

We are planning a ride East as well but leaving from the International and headed to Massachussetts then North and back across Canada. Have 3 weeks vacation so we have lots of time to explore.

Got that too, but, why not take a break from the ground? plus if it's hot a little AC is nice for sleeping.

Just say the word and I'll gather the troops for coffee and BBQ. Larry, Joe, Randy, Karl? Who knows :thumbsup2:

I'll PM ya my cell number.

hey Tom, we are doing Cape Breton/Cabot trail-Halifax via northern states same timeframe for a few weeks and round up at the rally. Great to connect out east for java and ride at some point.

Sounds good, I'll pm you.

Second that.... let us know when you are in the area so we can hook up for coffee or ride part way with you.

We are planning a ride East as well but leaving from the International and headed to Massachussetts then North and back across Canada. Have 3 weeks vacation so we have lots of time to explore.

Yes,you guys are a friendly bunch. We found that out at the international a few years ago.

I am not planning on heading to your area before the rally but if I do, I'll let you know.

I think I'm going to do the opposite of storm chasers, I'm going to be a clear sky chaser this trip!!

Tom