IGNORED

Victoria BC area death wish rider

friesman

This was posted on you tube a few days ago and I hear the RCMP In the Victoria BC are looking for clues so they can hang this sportsbike rider out to dry for a while. This guy is a complete idiot and makes all of us riders look bad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIUTXIsJz3o]victoria highway run 299km - YouTube[/ame]

Brian

I totally understand the desire to want to go this fast. But I would never dream of doing it on a public road even if there were no cars in sight. I too enjoy a good adrenaline rush every once in a while but I would get more than enough adrenaline riding this fast at the track. Wow! This is just completly insane! I really hope that this person doesn't hurt themselves or anyone else just for a quick high.

Shortly after the dawn of time, when I was a young man, I learned to ride a motorcycle on the streets of Athens, Greece.:shock3: At that time in Athens the lane lines were painted on the road simply to give someone a job as they, and all other traffic control devices, had no real meaning for traffic. The largest vehicle, usually with the loudest horn, simply took the right-of-way and no one who wanted to live bothered to argue the point. Everyone followed these rules so the carnage wasn’t near what we here in North America would expect.

Motorcycles were expected to split the lanes and other drivers would often get irate if the motorcycle took a “whole lane” in traffic. Large fast motorcycles were expected to weave their way through traffic at alarming rates of speed, and since this was expected, the carnage wasn’t as bad as “we” might expect. Fortunately, God decided I should live through my adrenaline junky ways and I survived, intact, despite hitting a car broadside at 35mph. (The car ran a stop sign coming into my lane from behind a parked bus.) I sustained no injury despite flying over the car, at 35mph, and sliding down the street for an amazing distance. My riding style didn’t change once my bike was repaired.

After several years of this behavior I returned to the USA, where the rules of the road are different, very different.:no-no-no: These people even expected me to get a motorcycle endorsement on my driver’s license, and I had to take a riding test too! I bought a brand new XS-Eleven and stayed around home for the three long days it took to get my stateside motorcycle endorsement and the 600-mile inspection on the new Yamaha. Then I set out for parts south and west where it was warmer than Ohio in early May. And I was absolutely insulted by the national 55mph speed limit. 55mph on a Yamaha XS-Eleven! What idiot thought of that? Somehow I managed to avoid any entanglements with law until I found myself in the deserts of Arizona and with the bike over the Yamaha mandated 5000-mile break-in period. :whistling: The 5000 mile mark was important as it meant there were no longer any rev limits on the engine and I was free to let her breath that rarified 8500rpm red line air, and I did. Unfortunately, an Arizona State Trooper took umbrage at my speed and gave chase. I calculated the odds, dropped two gears, and the chase was on. The Yamaha pulled a full 9000rpm in 5th gear before I backed her down and thankfully the State Trooper was nowhere to be seen. :cool10:

About that time, God decided to impress upon my mind and soul that I wasn’t good, or lucky, but very divinely blessed and protected and He had enough of my adrenaline junky ways. :backinmyday: That was the end of my wild riding, right there and then. I made it out of Arizona without further incident, although there were six cop cars waiting at the state line. I’m not sure why they were there or who they might be looking for, but I was minding my P’s & Q’s riding at a sedate 55mph.:whistling:

Hopefully, the riders in the videos posted above will have their “Devine Appointment” before they hurt themselves or someone else.

At least the guy in the Atlanta Video had the decency to show his face!

It should make getting that one much easier....if the cops bother.

Ditto did you happen to read his arrogant rant under the video he needs busted.

Ditto did you happen to read his arrogant rant under the video he needs busted.

Believe it or not, that rant under the video came about as a result of my efforts/comments at the time (which were conveniently removed by the user). I tried to get a bunch of the other motorbike forum (to which I belonged) members to help me out in posting disapproving comments. He didn't take too kindly to that and changed the video description/info. I reckon I'm the morally superior internet "item" that he called out. What an ayhole. :225: