IGNORED

Dave Zipcode went down today

pktexas

Dave and I started our ride this morning on the Tour of Honor ride in Texas. About 12 miles west of Dripping Springs, tx heading to Fredericksburg for our first memorial stop about 8am.. Dave had his rear tire go flat on 290 and went down on the side of the hwy. He is alright but real sore on his left side. I was leading so didn't see him go down, when I looked back after going up a hill and curve a pickup was flashing his lights at me, when I turned around and went back he was lying flat on his back next to his TD on the side of the highway.

Two drivers had already stopped and gotten to him. Made him lie there till EMS arrived where they checked him out. Had a whole bunch of LEO and EMS and Fire dept blocking the road, its a busy fast hwy.

They finally got Dave up and he was able to walk around. A wrecker arrived but Dave got ahold of Tom (Blanco)who lived real close to where we were to bring his trailer.

He arrived and we got it on his trailer and took it to his house and put it on his lift to find the tire problem, a 1' gash inside the one threads.

Dave's wife Jamie arrived shortly after and the three of us went to get some lunch in downtown Blanco then head back to Houston.

I got back home by 6:30, spoke with Jamie, Dave was resting after some good drugs.

Besides the rear tire, bike was in good shape, left crash bar was bent, left cowling was loose, left passing light a little bent. His new 5 gallon Aux tank on the back held in there.

All n all was real glad the day turned out better than it could have been. He was able to walk away. Thanks to TOM for a great assist for a fellow Venture rider.

Glad to hear all was well after the crash. Always good news in these situations.

Wonder if it was the tire and what brand ? Did it look as if something had actually cut the rear tire, or was it a tire failure ?

Just really glad it was not a really serious accident. I said," Oh No" when I saw the thread. Hope him the best recovery.

James (Fuzzy)

Glad you guys made it back safe. Roxie is doing fine and enjoying her stay with a new found friend ( my Wing). Glad I could help you guys but most of all glad Zip Code is OK!

This is bad news to hear of a wreck, .. but in this case, this is good news to hear Dave is OK...

Sounds like the bike is OK and should not be much to rework back to new again.

Many Thanks to TOM also for jumping in and helping another VR family member out...:thumbsup2:

Thanks all. I'm really sore but that just reminds me that I'm alive. I was in the passing lane doing 75 when it happened, so just sore is a good result. Ribs and hip make it tough to get out of bed, so I think I'll stay in it.

Thank you Perry and Tom for all your help. I'm grateful.

Dave

Hello Dave: So glad you were not hurt anymore seriously. I was in the exact situation back in 1985. After being checked out at the hospital, I walked away. Horribly sore in the following days but alive to tell about it. Lee and I are wishing you a speedy recovery.

So glad that this event turned out as well as it did. Praying that you have a complete recovery in a speedily time. This must have really done a number on your nerves. Hope that you are able to get some good rest. Take care!

Man that is good news. Glad Dave is up, if not running, yet. When I dropped mine in '06 every one held me down in a giant fire ant hill til the EMS arrived. I was fit to be tied, but I was walking the next day.

Wasn't funny at the time, but when the first EMS arrived, after they checked him. Seems he was lying in the next county, so had to wait for another EMS to arrive. Don't know who said it, I think Dave, to drag him back to the other county.

And to top it off some gas was starting to leak from the main tank gas cap on to the ground next to him. But he was soon on his feet, and I had plenty of help to get the bike uprighted. After a short wait, she started right up. Blew a little smoke, but was able to ride it real slow to get it a safer place a few yards away.

Wasn't funny at the time, but when the first EMS arrived, after they checked him. Seems he was lying in the next county, so had to wait for another EMS to arrive. Don't know who said it, I think Dave, to drag him back to the other county.

And to top it off some gas was starting to leak from the main tank gas cap on to the ground next to him. But he was soon on his feet, and I had plenty of help to get the bike uprighted. After a short wait, she started right up. Blew a little smoke, but was able to ride it real slow to get it a safer place a few yards away.

Wrong Zipcode? :rotf:

Sorry...